Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

What will be new in the next update?

A few small things like prankster on banette and updating some move sets. I'm also taking some shadow Pokemon off citadark isle. It currently houses 43% of shadow Pokemon but this will be reduced to 33%. I'm also increasing the base happiness of Shadow Pokemon. it's 0 right now but that makes them take forever to evolve. The movesets for a lot of trainers will be improved too. A lot were really quick so I could release the game asap but now I can go back and polish them off.

Yeah information on Colo/XD is so bad it's actually funny. I'll have to double check some time to confirm though. I'll use a save editor or something to look at the happiness values and see if they change after a scent but I'm almost certain they don't help.

You were bang on - cologne doesn't affect happiness at all (or if it does, it's minimal). Gave Bonsly ~10-15 of the vitamins and she evolved. Thanks for the help, can finally continue with the story. :)

You were bang on - cologne doesn't affect happiness at all (or if it does, it's minimal). Gave Bonsly ~10-15 of the vitamins and she evolved. Thanks for the help, can finally continue with the story. :)

It's good that it's been clarified. Enjoy the rest of the play through!

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I wrote a small Tool in Java that can insert .dsp files into the music .fsys files found in Pokemon xD and thought you'd like to have it since you mentioned possibly editing music in the hacking thread.

It's rather slow and inefficient because I'm not a good programmer but it (hopefully) does what is needs to and tells you what's wrong when it doesn't.

It can insert two monochannel .dsp files into one .fsys file and can extract from a .fsys file too.

If you want the music to loop, the .dsp files must contain loop points, otherwise it just plays once and if it's replacing a normally looped file it might continue to play other data.

it can also extract and insert soundeffects from/into .samp files provided you also supply the corresponding sdir file you have to extract from common.fsys .

all the files must be in the same folder as the Jar for it to work.

Also don't worry when the button freezes, that just means it's processing and it may take a while.

Jar Download

I hope this helps you

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I wrote a small Tool in Java that can insert .dsp files into the music .fsys files found in Pokemon xD and thought you'd like to have it since you mentioned possibly editing music in the hacking thread.

It's rather slow and inefficient because I'm not a good programmer but it (hopefully) does what is needs to and tells you what's wrong when it doesn't.

It can insert two monochannel .dsp files into one .fsys file and can extract from a .fsys file too.

If you want the music to loop, the .dsp files must contain loop points, otherwise it just plays once and if it's replacing a normally looped file it might continue to play other data.

it can also extract and insert soundeffects from/into .samp files provided you also supply the corresponding sdir file you have to extract from common.fsys .

all the files must be in the same folder as the Jar for it to work.

Also don't worry when the button freezes, that just means it's processing and it may take a while.

Jar Download

I hope this helps you

OMG! This sounds amazing, honestly. I can't wait to try it out. Does this mean you've managed to insert custom music into xD?

Yes, I wrote this for a Repaint group and we managed to insert Linkin Park music

The video is on another person's Channel

Also the file you want to insert is limited by the sample amount of the original music to prevent any pointer problems.

Any other differences like sample rate are inserted properly though.

If you have any problems with the program, just tell me.

Yes, I wrote this for a Repaint group and we managed to insert Linkin Park music

The video is on another person's Channel

That looks really cool. I'm really excited about this!

It all sounds awesome. I'm a noob with this kind of stuff so will probably need some help at some point xD

There is a branch of audacity here which can export and import .dsp files , which means that you can load a normal file and export it as .dsp.

First export the normal file as .wav and then reopen it in audacity.

Be sure both channels have different enough names so that audacity doesn't try to open both files to make stereo.

To make loop points you have to select the part of the song you want to loop by dragging the cursor (You can select the whole file by pressing CTRL +A to make it loop from end to beginning) and then go to "edit" then to "Paste Text to New Label" ( make sure your clipboard is empty of long text(clipboard meaning CTRL +C / V)) then name the new label ( the track beneath the music track) "LOOP" and then export as .dsp.

Do this for both channels.

The program won't let you replace unlooped files with looped files and looped files with unlooped files to make sure it doesn't cause problems.

Also don't worry about the file size, you can guess it from the size of the extracted files and the program will tell you when it's too big.

Also the program will take all the information about the file, including the loop data, from the first file, which means that ,even if you have different loops for both the files you want to insert, it will take the loop from there, I just advise you to loop both to be sure.

Also about the exporting as .wav, you should export as 16 bit and if the track you want to import is stereo you first have to make it into 2 mono channel files by clicking on the name of the track here Link and then going to split stereo to mono and then closing one of the tracks and then exporting it again or directly starting with setting the loop.

Repeat this and close the other track this time to make the other mono channel.

Also don't worry about the file size, you can guess it from the size of the extracted files and the program will tell you when it's too big.

Also the program will take all the information about the file, including the loop data, from the first file, which means that ,even if you have different loops for both the files you want to insert, it will take the loop from there, I just advise you to loop both to be sure.

Also about the exporting as .wav, you should export as 16 bit and if the track you want to import is stereo you first have to make it into 2 mono channel files by clicking on the name of the track here Link and then going to split stereo to mono and then closing one of the tracks and then exporting it again or directly starting with setting the loop.

Repeat this and close the other track this time to make the other mono channel.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain it. It's really appreciated. It doesn't sound awfully complicated which is good. The only bit I don't really get is what you mean by the "channels".

Channels are the audio channels, as in 1/2 or Right/Left

I also forgot to mention that the program may not accept the files if not both of them are either looped or unlooped and if you want to know how it works I can give you my "notes" and the code on some site like Github

Channels are the audio channels, as in 1/2 or Right/Left

I also forgot to mention that the program may not accept the files if not both of them are either looped or unlooped and if you want to know how it works I can give you my "notes" and the code on some site like Github

Alright, I thought as much. So they can both be identical then? Yeah that would be useful thanks. Maybe if you have the time you could make a thread with details about how it works so it's easy for others to find and comment on?

I also somewhat know know how to edit models, while I can't export/import complete models, I can extract the coordinate data of the points used in the model, save them as an .obj file, edit that in blender (only moving the points' position) , reconvert that to hex and then add it back in (as long as the compressed file doesn't get too big, which is pretty random).

This makes size edits and transforming edits to existing models possible, though you probably can't do much with that.

I also somewhat know know how to edit models, while I can't export/import complete models, I can extract the coordinate data of the points used in the model, save them as an .obj file, edit that in blender (only moving the points' position) , reconvert that to hex and then add it back in (as long as the compressed file doesn't get too big, which is pretty random).

This makes size edits and transforming edits to existing models possible, though you probably can't do much with that.

That's really cool! It's definitely a start and gives a lot more hope that the full thing will be possible soon. Maybe it would be possible to decrease Gardevoir's huge head for now xD. It's model in xD is pretty funny. You wouldn't happen to know how extract the textures from the models would you? It's something I thought would be really easy but haven't found anything substantial yet.

That's really easy using Dolphin's Dump Textures option, Google it to find out how it works.

But I also know they're easy to find in the files themselves since they're saved there uncompressed (in the .fdat files at least), I'll probably write another program for that if you want since I'm currently further looking into the model file structure.

The model files probably also contain shaders in a simmilar form as This happened when I first tried editing a texture

You can also definitely Gardevoirs Head, I already did as a test, just in a different way Link

That's really easy using Dolphin's Dump Textures option, Google it to find out how it works.

But I also know they're easy to find in the files themselves since they're saved there uncompressed (in the .fdat files at least), I'll probably write another program for that if you want since I'm currently further looking into the model file structure.

The model files probably also contain shaders in a simmilar form as This happened when I first tried editing a texture

Yeah I've used the dolphin one before but I was hoping to change the files directly so I can make the changes viewable even on other emulators like nintendon't. It's awesome that you've figured out so much though. I was really hoping someone would come along and figure this stuff out as I'm a total noob. I've been staring at the hex for years now and still only managed to pick up on very basic patterns. A program for extracting and reimporting textures would be incredible if it's not too much trouble. I'd be curious to learn the method you use to locate them within the file. I wasn't able to pinpoint an offset table or pointers myself.

The start of the coordinate data is easy, it's always 0xE80 , the hard part is the end of the data, which is why I've only done it manually so far but that will prbably be changed.

The sound files are easy because they have easy to spot patterns.

The textures... I'll have to see how I'll do that, like I said I'm still figuring this out.

I posted this here because one of the people in the group I'm workin gin told me to post this on a forum somewhere for other people to use and you were the first that came to mind.

The start of the coordinate data is easy, it's always 0xE80 , the hard part is the end of the data, which is why I've only done it manually so far but that will prbably be changed.

The sound files are easy because they have easy to spot patterns.

The textures... I'll have to see how I'll do that, like I said I'm still figuring this out.

I posted this here because one of the people in the group I'm workin gin told me to post this on a forum somewhere for other people to use and you were the first that came to mind.

Thaat's really appreciated. Yeah when I started working on the games I really wanted to post it on a forum too. It helps to record things for later and I even ended up getting a lot of help from some really talented people :). I look forward to seeing the results of your work. Do let me know if there's anything I can help with.

When working with models and things that probably don't completely break the game when broken, a good way to figure stuff out is to corrupt them at certain interesting points and see what changes, this is how I figured out the location of the coordinate data and that it's stored as floating point, which then led me to it being wavefront data.

When working with models and things that probably don't completely break the game when broken, a good way to figure stuff out is to corrupt them at certain interesting points and see what changes, this is how I figured out the location of the coordinate data and that it's stored as floating point, which then led me to it being wavefront data.

That's true, I did read an article a few years back about corrupting data in NES games or something. I've usually been doing things safely and only changing things when I can predict the results. The main reason being it took me so long to rebuild the ISO and load it up each time I wanted to test things. I've finally got code to automate everything now though so it could be a good way to go forward in some areas.