StarsMmd

Pokemon Colosseum Randomiser Tool

53 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

can you explain how to reimport the Start.dol and common.fsys files into the colosseum.iso? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8 January 2017 at 8:56 PM, Mkatz1 said:

Is there anyway to randomize just the Pokemon, not the moves?

 

The randomiser tool can randomise just the pokemon if you please. Alternatively if you wanted to use patches that I've prerandomised (e.g. if you don't have access to a mac since the randomiser tool is only for OSX) then you can find some in This thread.

On 12 January 2017 at 11:36 PM, JBeens said:

can you explain how to reimport the Start.dol and common.fsys files into the colosseum.iso? 

In the same thread as I linked above there is a link to a youtube video explaining the whole process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ugh the gamecube randomizer will not load up, anyway you can upload a rom already randomized?? preferably just pokemon randomized and trade evolutions removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JBeens said:

ugh the gamecube randomizer will not load up, anyway you can upload a rom already randomized?? preferably just pokemon randomized and trade evolutions removed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

 

my patching program will not work. anyway that you can patch the iso with random pokemon, and upload that rom, rather than the patch itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JBeens said:

my patching program will not work. anyway that you can patch the iso with random pokemon, and upload that rom, rather than the patch itself?

Did you try patching it with NUPS and did you patch it correctly? There's a video tutorial you can follow in that thread. If you're certain you've done it correctly and it still won't work then I'm not sure I can help you. Uploading ROMs is a taboo and it would be wise to eschew requesting them. Many forums delete posts requesting them and it can lead to bans too. Not sure how strict PP is on this. :D

 

P.S. are you on mac or windows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

Did you try patching it with NUPS and did you patch it correctly? There's a video tutorial you can follow in that thread. If you're certain you've done it correctly and it still won't work then I'm not sure I can help you. Uploading ROMs is a taboo and it would be wise to eschew requesting them. Many forums delete posts requesting them and it can lead to bans too. Not sure how strict PP is on this. :D

 

P.S. are you on mac or windows?

I'm using a mac, but when i try to open the nups.exe with "The Unarchiver" it says.."the contents of this file cannot be extracted with this program." any tips? which program did you use to open NUPS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JBeens said:

I'm using a mac, but when i try to open the nups.exe with "The Unarchiver" it says.."the contents of this file cannot be extracted with this program." any tips? which program did you use to open NUPS?

Ah i see, most people on here seem to use windows so I presumed you were too. NUPS (or any .exe for that matter) won't run on mac. Use a different patching program for mac. The one I use on mac is called "multipatch". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

Ah i see, most people on here seem to use windows so I presumed you were too. NUPS (or any .exe for that matter) won't run on mac. Use a different patching program for mac. The one I use on mac is called "multipatch". 

Thank YOU!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

Ah i see, most people on here seem to use windows so I presumed you were too. NUPS (or any .exe for that matter) won't run on mac. Use a different patching program for mac. The one I use on mac is called "multipatch". 

sorry. but can you explain how to correctly patch the iso file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JBeens said:

sorry. but can you explain how to correctly patch the iso file?

There's a video in the other thread. Would be easier to follow that than for me to explain in text :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

There's a video in the other thread. Would be easier to follow that than for me to explain in text :)

yeah i watched that but it didn't make sense since it wasn't using multipatch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi im having trouble importing into the iso any help would be appreciated im pretty hopeless with my mac

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22 January 2017 at 1:03 AM, JBeens said:

yeah i watched that but it didn't make sense since it wasn't using multipatch. 

Can you give more information on why the randomiser program isn't working? It would make the whole process a lot easier.

26 minutes ago, Dan1e1 said:

Hi im having trouble importing into the iso any help would be appreciated im pretty hopeless with my mac

 

Are you using the randomiser tool? When you first run it, it creates a folder in your Documents called "colosseum randomiser". In that folder there is a folder called "ISO". Put your ISO file in that folder. When you click save on the randomiser tool, it will import the changes to any file in that folder with a ".gcm" or ".iso" file extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@StarsMmd I'm actually playing a randomized nuzlocke run, but as starter I get Walrein and Lombre. Usually with the randomizers we got the option of remove trade evolutions, but in Colosseum we can't get evolution stone. Could you put an option to remove stone evolutions in colosseum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2017 at 7:24 AM, AlejaKaiser said:

@StarsMmd I'm actually playing a randomized nuzlocke run, but as starter I get Walrein and Lombre. Usually with the randomizers we got the option of remove trade evolutions, but in Colosseum we can't get evolution stone. Could you put an option to remove stone evolutions in colosseum?

Sorry for the late response. I will work on adding that soon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey man, loved your XG hack, had a blast playing through last summer. The problem is that it absolutely spoiled me with 6th gen typing and mega-evolution typing 

So I was wondering if any of your Colosseum patches (or even the randomizer tool) include 6th gen stuff? Or is that in the works with the spec/phys split?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2017 at 8:51 PM, seventh_swell_ said:

Hey man, loved your XG hack, had a blast playing through last summer. The problem is that it absolutely spoiled me with 6th gen typing and mega-evolution typing 

So I was wondering if any of your Colosseum patches (or even the randomizer tool) include 6th gen stuff? Or is that in the works with the spec/phys split?

I'll try and get all of that done eventually but the code for colosseum isn't as well structured as XD. I'll basically be starting fro scratch and i'm still working actively on XD so it won't be any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 10:54 AM, StarsMmd said:

I'll try and get all of that done eventually but the code for colosseum isn't as well structured as XD. I'll basically be starting fro scratch and i'm still working actively on XD so it won't be any time soon.

ah well, cheers for all the work you're doing though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, love the idea of this, but being on a Windows, I'm unable to make patches of my own. If it isn't too much trouble, can you make a patch where just the trainers' Pokemon are randomized (random gift Pokemon too), trade evolutions are level 40, and the starters are Marshtomp and Raichu? Make sure Marshtomp replaces Espeon so that way it's level 24 and will therefore still have Water Gun. (It gets Mud Sport at level 25, which would replace Water Gun in its moveset.)

Only if it's not too much trouble, I understand if you're busy!

EDIT: Or can anyone with a Mac do that for me? I'd really appreciate it!

Edited by HopeFragment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2017 at 7:15 PM, HopeFragment said:

Hi, love the idea of this, but being on a Windows, I'm unable to make patches of my own. If it isn't too much trouble, can you make a patch where just the trainers' Pokemon are randomized (random gift Pokemon too), trade evolutions are level 40, and the starters are Marshtomp and Raichu? Make sure Marshtomp replaces Espeon so that way it's level 24 and will therefore still have Water Gun. (It gets Mud Sport at level 25, which would replace Water Gun in its moveset.)

Only if it's not too much trouble, I understand if you're busy!

EDIT: Or can anyone with a Mac do that for me? I'd really appreciate it!

I have a few things on my plate right now but if you're still interested then please remind me in a week's time :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12-4-2016 at 10:35 PM, StarsMmd said:

Thanks for the kind words :). I'm actually looking into some windows development stuff which could make it easy to port over to windows with relative ease. It will just take a little bit of time for me to do the research. Revision for exams is my priority right now though.

I don't mind doing requests though, if anyone would like a specific combination of the randomisation options just let me know. With the new program I can make you a patch in a few moments.

Are you maybe still working on it to port it to windows? I am wondering cause I really want to use it 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2017 at 9:09 AM, ThePokeChamp2002 said:

Are you maybe still working on it to port it to windows? I am wondering cause I really want to use it 😄

 

I work with the swift programming language which is currently mac only and I've been working on the code for years so there's quite a lot and it will take a while to port it to another language that I'm not as familiar with. My plan is to at least get tools out for mac first so there is at least an option and then once that's out I can work on making something multiplatform. I return to university next week though and won't have much free time so it potentially be at least year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now