Jump to content
evandixon

tool Sky Editor: ROM Hack Projects

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, evandixon said:

Fixed in the latest build. It might still show short IDs out of order though.

Nice, no more duplicate IDs. I also noticed that missing IDs were put at the top of the list, rather than disappearing with script sort, which is nice as well.

Also, I realize that while my initial posts were about acquiring information and assistance, my recent posts have been more along the lines of issue/bug reporting. Would you rather I just put such things at https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.ROMEditor/issues ? I already posted one such report there a while ago...And two more closed issues before that one, which were from when I was foolishly using an outdated version, haha... But nevermind those!

On another note... This may be useful for anyone else editing PSMD scripts with the Sky Editor ROM Editor: https://pastebin.com/V61vqTi5
These are the notes I've taken while working on scripts thus far. The lists within my notes are mostly incomplete, but someone might find it useful anyway.

Edited by Gemzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2017 at 6:16 AM, Gemzo said:

Also, I realize that while my initial posts were about acquiring information and assistance, my recent posts have been more along the lines of issue/bug reporting. Would you rather I just put such things at https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.ROMEditor/issues ? I already posted one such report there a while ago...And two more closed issues before that one, which were from when I was foolishly using an outdated version, haha... But nevermind those!

TBH I forgot I had a backlog of issues over there. I'll try to keep a better eye on that, but feel free to post issues wherever. And don't be afraid to poke me if I don't respond in over a week, since that probably means I didn't see it, or I forgot.

On 11/30/2017 at 6:16 AM, Gemzo said:

On another note... This may be useful for anyone else editing PSMD scripts with the Sky Editor ROM Editor: https://pastebin.com/V61vqTi5
These are the notes I've taken while working on scripts thus far. The lists within my notes are mostly incomplete, but someone might find it useful anyway.

That reminds me of the page I quickly started over in the technical documentation section of this website. I'd appreciate it if you filled out this form and added useful snippets there as you find/make them.

In other news, I updated the ROM editor to support outputting to Luma 3DS's Layered FS. (Link to latest build)

Edited by evandixon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured out how FARC files work, which makes a lot more things possible. As an example, I've made a ROM hack replacing Bulbasaur and Charamander with Zorua and Eevee as playable characters. This is different from previous hacks because placeholder portraits (ones with just a background instead of images of Pokemon) have been automatically replaced with the default portrait.

I've attached the ModPack zip file that Sky Editor creates. For those who are unaware, this zip file contains the patching program needed to patch a decrypted ROM. The .Net Framework 4.6.2 is needed IIRC.

ModPack 1.0.0.zip

[Edit] Some in the PMD Discord guild have expressed interest in playing as a Buizel. I replaced Squirtle as a starter to make this possible.

ModPack 1.0.0.zip

Edited by evandixon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I just wanna thank you for this project. This could really shake up the PMD hacking scene! I just have two questions.

 

1.Will the stuff you're able to edit in explorers of sky be available for PSMD and vice versa?

2.Will there be a Sprite editor for Explorers of sky?

If you could answer these questions,that would be greatly appreciated :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 2:09 AM, Pokeboi said:

1.Will the stuff you're able to edit in explorers of sky be available for PSMD and vice versa?

For the most part yes, like starters, scripts, and Pokemon portraits, but there's some things that are either only applicable to one or have only been researched on one. Additional reading about what can be done can be found here.

On 7/11/2018 at 2:09 AM, Pokeboi said:

2.Will there be a Sprite editor for Explorers of sky?

Maybe not in Sky Editor, but @psy_commando's GfxCrunch should work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, evandixon said:

For the most part yes, like starters, scripts, and Pokemon portraits, but there's some things that are either only applicable to one or have only been researched on one. Additional reading about what can be done can be found here.

Maybe not in Sky Editor, but @psy_commando's GfxCrunch should work.

Thank you so much!  I want to make my own hack in a few years,so this is good start for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...