Sign in to follow this  
Pokehexlover

Why Datel got rid of custom cheats?

I'm new here, so excuse me for not knowing all the information, but why is Datel not allowing us to inject/edit pokemon. He has the ability to decrypt our saves, so why is it a problem?

Did they ever allow for that? Last I knew, that was more or less an exploit.. also they dont want to 'ruin the online experience' ..they probably also didnt want a C&D from Nintendo.. theres all kinds of theories.

Nintendo has an online checker for hacked pokemon, so unless someone were trying to play hackmons in free or rates WiFi battles, then there isn't a problem.

They probably got too lazy and don't want to manage the influx of different codes,

potentially overloading their server, because users all got too excited.

Also, does not want to be 'held responsible' if any users bricks their own cart/save with bad codes.

I think it is a matter of business; here and now, every gamer using power-saves must rely on Datel if they want to do anything with their devices:

1. Datel can keep track of your actions, recording of every transaction you make.

2. It grants them access to a free repository game-saves: They can pick any game-save they want around the world, as long as people need to upload such files to apply the codes, which is pretty valuable for research and development.

3. It is cheaper and more profitable to produce and sell dongles with a "basic architecture" (chips, software, etc.) that "simply" link you to a remote service, instead of developing a standalone dongle.

4. They also have a chance to protect their "way of doing things", it is harder to copy their stuff because they "provide" a cloud based service.

Among other reasons that's it,

- Hide