Pokemon in: Super Smash bros. brawl.

pokemonfan

Below Pichu! Wow, no offense but I always thought that Pichu sucked. It hurt itself with every move it made. Recently, I tried battling with mewtwo and it was just to slow for me.

You have to learn how to play Mewtwo. He's seriously not for beginners... but seriously, why include him if he would get humiliated like this? :(

And then they get rid of him in Brawl... so he'd forever be known as the laughing stock of the whole Smash Bros series. I've had enough of this >:-[

Mewtwo is my main... and I've defeated my friends using Mewtwo... but I have problems with (naturally) Pikachu because they're so fast. I think they did that on purpose... those nasty Nintendo people trying to make that yellow rat uber...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL wraith89. Yeah, I hate pikachu's speed. I'm usually the pokemon trainer now and my friend loves to be pikachu so guess who ends up losing. Me, I'm always out speeded and the only chance I have is squirtle who isn't my fave. Ivysaur is now and I adore charizard's power and stamina but squirtle with low stamina, attack power, and just high speed is quite annoying! Pikachu even beat my best character, zelda! I think maybe he is uber but why so bias towards raichu?

You have to learn how to play Mewtwo. He's seriously not for beginners... but seriously, why include him if he would get humiliated like this? :(

And then they get rid of him in Brawl... so he'd forever be known as the laughing stock of the whole Smash Bros series. I've had enough of this >:-[

Mewtwo is my main... and I've defeated my friends using Mewtwo... but I have problems with (naturally) Pikachu because they're so fast. I think they did that on purpose... those nasty Nintendo people trying to make that yellow rat uber...

I liked Mewtwo, because he was able to perform Shadowball, that looked like Hadouken, i was surprised that he wasn't included, but i guess Lucario replaced him, and Lucario's Hadouken is much more bigger, and badder.

I liked Mewtwo, because he was able to perform Shadowball, that looked like Hadouken, i was surprised that he wasn't included, but i guess Lucario replaced him, and Lucario's Hadouken is much more bigger, and badder.

Lucario's Aura Sphere is overhyped, but Lucario has that ability which makes him do more damage with higher % in his health.

Fun fact: Mewtwo can Aura Sphere too, albeit in level 99 as opposed to Lucario's level 30ish...

Zelda is nothing like mewtwo I'm not sure where you are getting that. However, lucario learns aura sphere at level 37. Mewtwo learns it at level 100. I'd prefer lucario because 1. The type of fight plus move type of fight gives it a total of 135 damage with total accuracy 2. He learns it earlier so it can be used to advantage earlier 3. Mewtwo is a lot harder to get so easier access to aura sphere with lucario. Although I would love to get my paws on a mewtwo.

Zelda is nothing like mewtwo I'm not sure where you are getting that. However, lucario learns aura sphere at level 37. Mewtwo learns it at level 100. I'd prefer lucario because 1. The type of fight plus move type of fight gives it a total of 135 damage with total accuracy 2. He learns it earlier so it can be used to advantage earlier 3. Mewtwo is a lot harder to get so easier access to aura sphere with lucario. Although I would love to get my paws on a mewtwo.

Um, yes, Zelda is. You would know if you tried playing both. I'm not talking about their B moves. It's their other moves... try A in the midair, Side A, run A, etc... Zelda's physics are similar to Mewtwo's. Trust me, I know... because I play them both.

And that whole Pokemon game stuff is irrelevant to Smash, although I will agree Lucario learns it earlier and gets STAB... but don't try taking down Mewtwo with Lucario... because you're not.

Zelda is a great character but loses all potential to spam Din's Fire when you use her in Wi-Fi battles.

Pikachu is... meh, anyone can find a way to deal with speed. It's strength and priority that are the real problems...

No, the only character I consistently have trouble with anymore is Diddy Kong, even then only when I use Meta Knight or Kirby. Although I do know a god-like Yoshi player.

Um, yes, Zelda is. You would know if you tried playing both. I'm not talking about their B moves. It's their other moves... try A in the midair, Side A, run A, etc... Zelda's physics are similar to Mewtwo's. Trust me, I know... because I play them both.

And that whole Pokemon game stuff is irrelevant to Smash, although I will agree Lucario learns it earlier and gets STAB... but don't try taking down Mewtwo with Lucario... because you're not.

Well for one, I just realized you were correct. I was playing with him and it struck me that he does play very similarly to zelda but I prefer zelda. Because, I spam dins fire. It does not work well in wifi battles but one on one against friends is the way to go. I keep hitting them and if I get them high in the air with it they are dead because I keep doing it till they are pushed to far off the side or to high in the air and they die.

As for the pokemon trainer I have inproved with him definitely and was able to beat my friend when he was pikachu. He is like amazing with pikachu it is so annoying. So the fact that charizard and all his slowness was able to bring down the fast and agile pikachu just astounds me. However, there are ways to do that......once I survived when I was charizard, with one life when everyone else had three lives and I ended up coming in second because by the time it was one on one I was at like 150 something percent.

Eh, I miss Mewtwo, but I miss Roy more.

However, I miss the Fountain of Dreams stage more than Mewtwo and Roy combined. :/ *holds back Fountain of Dreams and Great Bay fanboyism*

Also, I have a protip: Pikachu hates the stage Luigi's Mansion, as it cripples his B specials (especially Thunder Jolt and Thunder!) and his aerials. If you're tired of Pikachus defeating you over and over, choose this stage.

But believe me, Snake can be more annoying than Pikachu. Thankfully, R.O.B. has a healthy advantage over Snake, so I don't really need to worry about Snake much. :/

Hmm....however me and my friend ALWAYS play on final destination for it is the only really fair course because it is just normal. Plus, I hate snake too. I always forget where the mines were and I end up blowing sky high into the air. I'm not to good with r.o.b so I use charizard and fly over spots I think have mines.

Shielding and air-dodging help a lot with dodging Snake's mines, too.

I play on FD a lot, too, mainly because I play semi-competitively IF not competitively. I know a lot about matchups, strategies, and advanced techniques.

If playing on FD, watch out for Kirby. A decent, non-spammy Kirby will abuse stage spiking and Kirbycide, along with his FAir and DAir. Plus, he has a slight advatage over Charizard. However, Squirtle and Ivysaur make him miserable.

If there's one character who hates FD, it's Ganondorf, who is already heavily disadvantaged by Ivysaur and slightly disadvantaged by Squirtle (be wary when fighting Ganon as Squirtle, though, lest you make a fatal mistake).

Egh, I sound sooooo nerdy right now. >_>

You do sound slightly nerdy but I believe you. One mistake against a decent ganondorf player and you are more toasted then toast. Squirtle is light and fast and ganondorf is strong and slow. If you make one mistake and the foe takes advantage you can kiss your shell goodbye. I love ivysaur because he is a mix of the squirtle and charizard in my opinion.

His up b move is good and bad. If the foe has half a mind he will do what I call "hogging the edge" unless that vine grabs the edge that grass type will fall faster then a rock to his doom. In order to make sure that happens the foe jumps off and grabs onto the edge first and guess who dies...ivysaur :(

Charizard has such stamina I can always count on him for a comeback if my squirtle and ivysaur perish without killing someone.

Edgehogging is the common name given to the technique where they grab the edge. Poor Ivyaur isn't the only one who suffers from edgehogging. Look at Olimar.

P. Trainer is a fun and unique character. Squirtle is great at combos and mindgames. If you perfect shellshifting, it'll be hard to predict and even hit Squirtle.

Ivysaur has some nice tricks up his sleeve, too. His USmash and UAir are great finishers, and his UAir is QUICK.

Charizard plays like a combination of Bowser and Wolf, which is cool. Charizard's DAir is also a superb meteor smash. Also, Rock Smash works wonders in that Boss Battle run. I think Rock Smash can deal up to approx. 40-50% damage if every single hit connects. If Ness is on your team, try a PK Fire/Rock Smash team combo.

Eh, I miss Mewtwo, but I miss Roy more.

However, I miss the Fountain of Dreams stage more than Mewtwo and Roy combined. :/ *holds back Fountain of Dreams and Great Bay fanboyism*

Also, I have a protip: Pikachu hates the stage Luigi's Mansion, as it cripples his B specials (especially Thunder Jolt and Thunder!) and his aerials. If you're tired of Pikachus defeating you over and over, choose this stage.

But believe me, Snake can be more annoying than Pikachu. Thankfully, R.O.B. has a healthy advantage over Snake, so I don't really need to worry about Snake much. :/

Fountain of Dreams! AHHH! I really miss that stage :(

I hated the fountains of dream stage and I loved the stage with foxe's ship that was the best.

Er... Fountain of Dreams is arguably the most beautiful stage that was ever created. Though it's a bit small, the music and the dreamy background is something never to forget :)

It reminds me of battling King Dedede at Nightmare in Dreamland... Kirby games ftw!

Yeah, Corneria is cool... glad they put that back in. But I still want my Fountain of Dreams :(

I hated the platforms, and size of the stage. I was also never a big fan of the size but I could deal with it. I'd say kirby games FTW but I like pokemon games better. I do love kirby he is awesome! I prefer final destination over coneria because of the basicness of final destination however they are both good stages. I also like the pokefloats stage its constant movement made it hard to battle yet fun to jump from pokemon to pokemon.