Best Elite 4 / Champion battle?

4evil

hmmmm, the best Elite 4/Champion battle.... I guess it would have to be against Kanto's Lance. Dragon type is one of my favorite types and he always puts up a good battle during the second time going through the elite four.

I didn't really like lance because of his fatal weakness to Ice (besides his Gyarados). He was kind of really easy =/

Cynthia on the other hand, uses very different pokemon, and actually may cause a challenge if your around her pokemon's levels.

Well i had very under leveled Pokemon, that are like level 38-30, the elite 4 was quite difficult, i ran out of potions, and restore stuff, and it was the final battle, and it was a lot easier then the others, which was strange.

The most annoying was in the Ruby, or was it Firered, when you finally got through the exhausting victory road, your about to exit, then BAM! your stupid rival is there to battle, and i forgot to save, and had to go through that process again.

• 1 year later...

Mhh. Cynthia had the ideal Champion's team but for some reason I didn't really like it. The game itself felt a bit bland I suppose is all. I had more fun battling Lance in HGSS, maybe because it just sounded and looked more epic, in spite of his team having an amazing weakness to Rock or Ice moves in general. The gold background and the music just felt... inspiring. I had difficulty initially due to my underleveledness, but I tried my best to make it look like a difficult champion battle.

My favourite is still the fight against the Kanto Elite 4 and Blue in the original RBY, in spite of the lack of AI and viable movesets (in RB... Yellow was difficult as difficult could get!). Blue still remains my favourite champion; I love how my rival was actually somewhat competent and even became the Champion before I did. That was something to look forward to.

My favourite is still the fight against the Kanto Elite 4 and Blue in the original RBY, in spite of the lack of AI and viable movesets (in RB... Yellow was difficult as difficult could get!).
I still can remember that Gengar of Agatha, which mostly caused some problems and was the Pokémon I was always afraid for. ;) Blue was indeed very frustrating, but his awesome lv.65 Charizard with its pathetic Rage and Fire Spin... Even my Venusaur could beat it that way! The Elite Four and Lance in GSC was too underleveled, so it was not that 'best' either... Although Lance was pretty cool. I liked Steven in RSE, with his 'set-up' Claydol and his freaking Metagross! That was really something to be afraid for, I think. Cynthia has definitely the most epic music before you battle her, I figured that tune out a time ago, but I am still to lazy to play it on the piano. ^^ Anyway, she was at least more difficult to beat, but in Platinum she has a more funny team, having all the resists you can have - excluding abilities. So I go for Steven and Cynthia. :)

And yeah, you can say "I can beat the whole Elite Four + Champion with my insanely wicked Mew of lv.100!", but if that's the case, almost nothing about the game is difficult. How about to create some sense of adventure? :)

GSC and that low level curve... yeah I was wondering about that. HGSS made it more fun though, especially the golden background and the music. It felt much more epic and like an actual champion battle, in spite of the movesets. There are even rematches now, so Lance's Pokemon are in the 70s, which is cool. However, I have a huge problem with his movesets. Salamence with Dragon Claw / Shadow Claw / Flamethrower / Rest... Dragonite with Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Hyper Beam / Safeguard... needs moar Outrage :/

Hoenn just had the worst Elite 4 ever. Two of my favourite types, Ice and Ghost, underrepresented, which showed so much in the form of Phoebe and Glacia. I was really disappointed. Wallace and Steven I guess were okay, but these rosters need to be remade. That Metagross was really something, but it felt like nearly nothing because of Swampert. I have to attempt something else now.

I wonder how RBY would feel with a more enhanced storyline and Blue's team edited up to date. It would certainly be a challenge, and I would love to battle Blue that way. Cynthia is still the most powerful champion... which I'm not comfortable with, but whatever. That Togekiss... UGH. And she even has a Milotic. Why?!! :/

Cynthia is still the most powerful champion... which I'm not comfortable with, but whatever. That Togekiss... UGH. And she even has a Milotic. Why?!! :/
Your not comfortable with that? Why not?

And besides, now you are mentioning Milotic, that Pokémon (also) made it hard to take Wallace down easily! In RSE, both Grass and Electric were special moves, so you had to have a very strong... Leaf Blade? ^^ No, you almost were obliged to have an Electric type Pokémon with you. But I think when you have Blue with an updated team, it would be fun first, but after a time you get used to him too, just like the other champions. So in that case, you always need a new champion/Elite Four to find the battles exciting... yeah, that really was stating the obvious. ^^

I just don't like Cynthia in general. It's just me... she's a little... boring (right word?) and her appearance in BW was mostly for fanservice :|

Only thing I like about her is her team, that's about it. However, DPP series was rather boring because of its emphasis on competitive battling and it lost sight of in-game adventures. Fortunately, HGSS saved Gen IV from being a total bore.

If you hit Milotic with Toxic, it's pretty much down in a few turns. But yes, Milotic is a tough monster. I never had an Electric Pokemon in any of my in-game teams... ever, which is strange. I forgot what I used in Emerald to be frank. If his Gyarados was Gen IV +, it may have been a much tougher customer.

By your logic, anything would get quite tiresome eventually. Yeah, it's true, but then again, if you were playing a remake, you are expecting the same old stuff... just polished. FR/LG was rather lacking for a remake to be frank, but even so, HGSS was still rejuvenating and fun, in spite of fighting the same trainers again from GSC.

I just don't like Cynthia in general. It's just me... she's a little... boring (right word?) and her appearance in BW was mostly for fanservice :|

Only thing I like about her is her team, that's about it. However, DPP series was rather boring because of its emphasis on competitive battling and it lost sight of in-game adventures. Fortunately, HGSS saved Gen IV from being a total bore.

If you hit Milotic with Toxic, it's pretty much down in a few turns. But yes, Milotic is a tough monster. I never had an Electric Pokemon in any of my in-game teams... ever, which is strange.

Okay, what the heck. :S Luckily I am not planning to buy or even play B or W...

But, about that Electric Pokémon, it is not that strange, because you only had Manectric, (Plusle/Minun xD), Lanturn and Magneton if I am not wrong. Unless you traded some Pokémon, of course! So you had to hit Milo mostly with Heracross' Mega Horn or whatever more is a bit overpowered (actually, that is what I did).

Yeah, a villa with only the female gym leaders and E4 of Unova, you know something is wrong. :/

However, you can fight Cynthia, and her team are at the same level as the Unova's Champion. B/W is an anathema to the Pokemon series but it has some interesting stuff.

And Voltorb don't forget. Manectric was awesome still, though it could not learn Fire moves unlike its Gen IV counterpart.

I might try fighting Lance again just for fun. I started a new file and stuck with level 40-42 against the Pokemon League. I'm going to get creamed by that Machamp :/