Custom C-Gear Skins with PokeGen [Tutorial + Resource]

piggman

The C-Gear skins are only allowed a certain amount of tiles. Too complex of an image makes it run out of unique tiles, hence why it stops generating an image.

Remember, colors are limited to 16 unique.

Thank you for the tip. I decided to approach it much more simpler and have achieved a basic, but nice little cgear skin. I am going to continue with experimenting with this.

2hx3crc.jpg

Download (.cgb): http://www.mediafire.com/?yxt04skshuds1r3

I am not to thrilled with the limitations on Black 2 that I was hit with. I was really wanting to change the icons to heart shaped but alas I cycled through it repeatedly without getting them. I've settled on stars for the mean time. The circular rings are a touch annoying as the middle rings are at the least visible color.

rkq4c7.png

The psk file

I nearly ripped myself a new one through the butthurt this has caused me. The Pokestock downloads aren't working and there is no other mirror on the internet. (photoshop cs4 and pokecgear, the french version) I took it upon myself to just fool around with what I have. So far, this is the product.

I gave up on having more than one color. This stuff is hard to work with and the PokeCGear program cuts off the image half-way like the one below on the left. Until this stuff can be reuploaded, this is all I can come up with in terms of custom cgear templates. (the right image)

17e4hi.jpg ---> 30lnzao.jpg

The skin works in both Pokemon BW and Pokemon BW2. (the template bars are obvious in BW2) There is a wee bit of clipping in the top-left corner. (the border of the UI) Unless you're extremely observant, it isn't noticeable.

Try this skin out for yourself:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l6iaa9pxhfsvw3l

All of my images seem to break off besides the Persona 4 one and official pokemon cgear images. I don't know what I did right on the persona 4 skin. I was hoping someone could help me out. This is my only hurdle from making some pretty elegant skins.

Here my version:

8074816390_95759513c3.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?a32equ8q542a4iw

I made two versions for you!

First:

1iSTl

Second:

1iSTX

Hope you like (The first looks very strange xD)

Also someone already postet a Cynthia one, look at Page 2 of this Thread ^^

//EDIT

If someone want ^^

1iT6E

And one for Pikachu lovers ^^

1iTax

1iTfe

(The Pichu One isnt working probaly, i will correct it soon!

(Click on a Picture to Download!)

Q: I WANT ALL OF THESE!!!!111

A: Here you are: Download

Edited by ShockBuddy
Added one :3