What kind of pet do you have? Talk about it here.

Aarux

What kind of pet do you have?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of pet do you have?

• Dog
    • Cat
    • Fish
    • Bird
    • Reptile
    • Rodent
    • Other
    • I don't have a pet. :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i have the most awesomest dog i could ever, have her name is Queena, or is it spelt Quiena, she's a German Shepherd female, and German Shepherds and Huskies are my favorite dogs, although unfortunately i do not own a husky myself, i have also owned a budgie, chickens, and rabbits.

-Chickens:

Sky and Cloud.

-Budgie:

Sky. (we liked the name is it suits the bird quite well)

-Rabbits

Doose, and Dice.

While i have been reading the post, this thread is turning out more to a memorial, then a "What kind of pet do you have" i nearly cried,:o so STOP TELLING YOUR SAD SAD STORIES!:mad:

i will soon wait..... eventually, upload the images of my dog, as soon as my laziness fades away.

Well i have the most awesomest dog i could ever, have her name is Queena, or is it spelt Quiena, she's a German Shepherd female, and German Shepherds and Huskies are my favorite dogs, although unfortunately i do not own a husky myself, i have also owned a budgie, chickens, and rabbits.

-Chickens:

Sky and Cloud.

-Budgie:

Sky. (we liked the name is it suits the bird quite well)

-Rabbits

Doose, and Dice.

While i have been reading the post, this thread is turning out more to a memorial, then a "What kind of pet do you have" i nearly cried,:o so STOP TELLING YOUR SAD SAD STORIES!:mad:

i will soon wait..... eventually, upload the images of my dog, as soon as my laziness fades away.

Sorry. Eventually yours will go away too X_X

You shouldn't have read mine. I have even more sadder stories.

Haha... sometimes, it's better to just tell your stories, though. Just let it go. :P

I used to have 2 dogs that would literally tackle you and maul you on the ground. I don't think they knew it (They were puppies. Big puppies.) but it hurt. A lot.

We gave those little fellows back to their original owners.

And it depends on what you mean as hard for cats. You don't need to walk them like dogs, so that's one upside. But, then again, there's the dreadful puke and hairballs, litter box... bleh.

I have the cutest little mutt bitch ever!

And no, it's not swearing to say bitch if you are referring to a female dog.

Picture0018.jpg

That's me, my little sister Shyann (2 people thought she was my daughter :eek:), and our mutt, Bella. I like to call her Bell Bell.

Here's another picture from soon after we got her.

Picture0005-1.jpg

Don't ask me what breeds she is, because I don't know, nor do I care much. She apparently barks like a beagle, but that's all I know.

We got her through a bit of deception. The pound she was at has a policy of waiting a week to give the owner a chance to pick up the dog, then it's given away to whoever wants it. My sister put her name on the waiting list, but she was third on the list. Dad really wanted the dog, so he talked our neighbors into going to the pound and pretending to be the owners.

At the time, I was rather meh about the prospect of getting a dog, but as soon as they brought her home and I saw her adorable face, my heart melted.

She even melted my mom's heart, and she was adamantly against getting a dog.

She doesn't like to sleep alone, and like to curl up with other people in bed.

Oddly, she's been growing a 50-50 mix of brown and black hair just about everywhere on her body except on her tail and spine. It's really cool to watch her color seem to subtly flow from black to brown when the light shifts.

We also have a cat.

p_00107-1.jpg

p_00109.jpg

(Shyann again, holding the cat)

Her name's Cally. Sorry for the bad picture lighting, it's a crappy camera phone. Her hair's usually much longer, but we had her shaved recently because it was getting all clumped and matted.

Funny story for how we got her too. About 4 years ago she showed up in our yard, not much more than a little hair ball. Mom actually tripped over her. She tossed the cat over the fence a couple times, but she kept coming back, so we just kept her.

In total, my family has had 5 pets over my lifetime.

Alex, a golden retriever. I don't know what happened to him, I think I was in elementary school when we had him.

Henry, a black lab. He ran away. T_T Mostly our fault, since we didn't take very good care of him. I can only hope he found a family better than we were then.

The last pet before the current two was Tiger, an orange stray cat that wandered around our house quite a bit. We fed him, gave him shots, and then he just stopped coming around one day.

And everyone seems to have cats. I don't have any experience with them. How do they treat you?

My cat lazes around the house most of the time. Sometimes she'll playfully swat rubber bands around the floor, but that's rare.

She doesn't like unfamiliar people, and will hiss and swat at them if they get to close. She absolutely hates the vet's office, and fights for her life every time she goes there. When we took her to get shaved, despite being told explicitly to tranq Cally before shaving her, the dumb ass groomer tried to do it without a tranq anyway. By the time she got around to tranqing her, Cally was so worked up and had so much adrenaline rushing that she needed a double dose to be sedated. It took her too full days to return to normal after that.

I usually don't call people dumb asses like that, but what she did really pissed me off, and if I had seen her, I'd have been raising hell, which is usually pretty rare for me.

Bella and Cally get along about as well as any pair of sisters do. Bella is like the annoying little sister that always wants to play, and Cally is the big sister that just wants to be left alone.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Cute dog! It looks like a Lab to me... but then again, I don't know much about that stuff.

My parents were pretty reluctant to get my pets, too. Especially my cat.

But who can say no to those furry kitties? Haha. Pets are great.

I know, she looks exactly like the black lab we had before (except for the brown fur she's getting), but dad thinks that she's too small to be a lab. At about 1 year old she's about maybe 1.5 times as tall as our cat.

Most everyone in my Psych class haaaaattteeessssss with a passion, cats. Gosh, I want to beat them all for being hateful to my precious babies. They called a picture of my bestie's adorable cat, "ugly," which enraged her, when we showed pictures for our PetSmart experiment. I have never seen her quite that angry.

I'm glad everyone here seems to be accepting of them :]

Most of the time, when I see someone who hates cats, they hate them because they're anti-cat and have dogs, which they claim as "30 times better than cats."

They probably never give the kitties a chance.

If you want a pet to chase and play with, a dog fits. If you want a pet that's funny and calm, then a cat fits.

I hear people say that sometimes.

I think cats are awesome. They're just a bit lazy and unmotivated.

Yes, exactly. That's exactly what it is. As for me, I have terriers and bishons...yet the cats are better. Will always be better. Of course, I have a certain paranoia of dogs after something that happened in my childhood...but that's why most people also don't like cats, I've learned.

My cats are wilder than my dogs. I've got a great picture of my black torty that I'm hoping to post, signifying her as the true "emo cat" it's amazing.

Yesyes. Most people-like, are they not? :D

Oh, yeah. My mom always says my cat (Marykate) acts like a human.

Marykate brings these squishy, flexible toys to random people in our house. Almost like a dog. She runs around the house, with a toy alligator in her mouth, and meows for someone to play.

And when we give her snacks like cat treats or something, she meows pretty loudly. Probably signifying for us to give the snacks to her, like a little kid asking for something.

Cats act a lot like people sometimes.

Oh, yeah. My mom always says my cat (Marykate) acts like a human.

Marykate brings these squishy, flexible toys to random people in our house. Almost like a dog. She runs around the house, with a toy alligator in her mouth, and meows for someone to play.

And when we give her snacks like cat treats or something, she meows pretty loudly. Probably signifying for us to give the snacks to her, like a little kid asking for something.

Cats act a lot like people sometimes.

Oh, that reminds me of how funny my dog is.

One of my favorite tricks to watch her do is "play dead". I'll see if I can upload a video sometime, it's hilarious.

She'll bark wildly, lay down, then plop right on her side with either a whine or a moan.

Well i don't hate cats, but i don't really like them, there was a cat walking around our lawn, (this happened 4 years ago) and it felt really helpless, and cute, so i gave it some food, then my brother told me to leave the cat alone, but i kept looking at the cat through the window, and it seemed so helpless, it started curling around my legs, and brushing it's face towards me, but then it was meowing several times, then to my horror it's mouth was around my leg, i screamed assuming there would be a sharp pain afterwords, but nothing, it felt like a injection, it didn't hurt, even though there was no pain, i felt fear surround me, so i started backing away, then running into the house, and my Mum had to disinfect me, boy did that sting, i was only 10 years old by then.

I have never seen a dog shown it's aggression like how that cat did, so now i really dislike ginger cats from that incident, that happened 4 years ago, and all of the ginger cats i have seen throughout the places i have visited, they all seem aggressive, or more cautious, like there are several cats living in the my street, and when i walk my dog, the cats don't run away, they just stare at my dog lazily, as if they know my dog can't reach them, but when i pass by the house with the ginger cat, when it sees my dog it goes into it's form of pouncing look, it never does pounce, but it's a term i would use to describe it.

Yeah, try and get a video, Jiggy-Ninja. That sounds hilarious. :D

I've never seen a cat just go nuts and bite someone after rubbing, purring, and all that nice junk.

Cats do have an attitude, though. My cat tries to bite me all the time, but she usually misses. I'm used to the bites.

I used to have a cat named Oreo. We had him at the same time as this dog named Cocoa.

So, Cocoa would be in our fence, barking away at Oreo, who was sitting safely outside of the fence.

And every now and then, Oreo would stroll in and walk towards Cocoa... then land a cat-punch on Cocoa's nose. The he'd leave.

Oh, yes... these kitties have attitude, alright.

Edited by Aarux

Yeah, try and get a video, Jiggly-Ninja. That sounds hilarious. :D

I've never seen a cat just go nuts and bite someone after rubbing, purring, and all that nice junk.

Cats do have an attitude, though. My cat tries to bite me all the time, but she usually misses. I'm used to the bites.

I used to have a cat named Oreo. We had him at the same time as this dog named Cocoa.

So, Cocoa would be in our fence, barking away at Oreo, who was sitting safely outside of the fence.

And every now and then, Oreo would stroll in and walk towards Cocoa... then land a cat-punch on Cocoa's nose. The he'd leave.

Oh, yes... these kitties have attitude, alright.

Cat punching, that reminds me again.

We took our dog to my mom's aunt's house. She has two cats, Blondie and Peanut Butter. Peanut Butter's a lot like our cat, but Blondie's a bit more active.

Anyway, we let Bella wander around, so she immediately goes up to sniff at Blondie, just like she does all the time to annoy our cat. Blondie didn't just lie back and take it though, he hissed and boxed her right in the nose.

Bella didn't get within 2 feet of that cat for the rest of the time we were there. She'd be wandering around, but if she rounded a corner and ran into Blondie, she'd freeze and back away.

I have two guinea pigs Penny and Coco! Guinea pigs my second favorite, first being cats. I also have a cat, a black one appropriately name Midnight. Penny and Coco live at my mom's house while Midnight is at my dad's house, so no need to worry about them violently seeing each other, because they don't.

Cool, guinea pigs. I don't get why they're called pigs.

They look like hamsters to me.

Heh, cats don't get along with small animals.

I used to have a pet frog. It got out of the tank while I was at school, and you know where it was?

Kitty's mouth.

Funny thing was, it looked like it was just stuck in there. Because after prying the cat's mouth open, it jumped out like nothing happened.

Wild Furrets appear!

These are my boys Romeo (the gray one) and Boo (the sable). They're awesome pets, really cuddly and quiet one moment and dancing around wanting to play the next. Plus they're inherently silly critters, always good for a laugh.

I also have a big dalmatian/lab mix named Krisi, but she's more of the family pet.

Wild Furrets appear!

These are my boys Romeo (the gray one) and Boo (the sable). They're awesome pets, really cuddly and quiet one moment and dancing around wanting to play the next. Plus they're inherently silly critters, always good for a laugh.

I also have a big dalmatian/lab mix named Krisi, but she's more of the family pet.

Last pic is adorable!

Ferrets are cool. I wanted one, but I realized my cat would try and beat it up.

I'm gonna get one eventually. :D I hope.

Your cat will get used to the ferret in time. You just need to keep a close eye on them until they begin to get comfortable around each other.

If dogs and cats can get along together, anything's possible.

Awesome! i wouldn't mind a Ferret, but i would train it so good that it doesn't need a cage, it can roam around freely, and it would always stay with me.

Like my dog, oh, and i actually bothered to upload a picture of my dog, this isn't the best picture of my dog, there are better pictures in my camera, but me too lazy. :biggrin:

2vm982c.jpg

Edited by HottSushiz
Added spoiler, image was larger then i expected.