Save file and wifi quesion

Stariameow

This may have been asked before and I just screwed up the search, if so i apologize in advance.

Is there a way to get my save file from pokemon black and white from my dsi to my pc over my wifi? I want to use Pokemon Mystery Gift Editor or pokesav to go over to the the 'quests'/locations/whatever you call them given by wonder cards, such as liberty island, but I have no flash cart or action replay to use to transfer them. I know I could just create my ideal even pkm via pokegen and have made a few shinys (as my id and secret id seem incapable of producing shinys for some reason, though I may have just not found the right pokemon/nature combo yet I guess). I actually want to explore and enjoy the locations however, as honestly to me that's one of the best parts.

Thank you for taking the time to read this whether you reply or not!

I have IR GTS already and have used it to edit pokemon but like I said i want the wonder cards and the acess to the areas such as liberity island but thank you.

On a side note: To be clearer basically i'm hoping there's a program that acts similiar to the Ir GTS but instead of receiving only a single pokemon via the GTS can actually receive the whole save file.

So the DS Lite and wifi can be used to get your save game? or is that with the action replay? sorry if i misunderstand.

And hmm what exactly defines a back up utility? I assume its an outside device. Sorry for being so uncertain here, i've never heard of one before oddly enough.

Okay, I thought so but I wasn't sure. I don't have a flashcart either. If I were to be that nds back up utility you mentioned would I need any other hard ware other then it and my dsi? I've looked over the forums but want to be absolutely sure befoer I buy anything.

if you're gonna use this: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?12405-A-tool-to-backup-HG-SS-saves

you been both a ds/lite and a flash card. the dsi can't be used, as it stops working once the slot-1 card is removed.

there's also an sms4, which has kind of crappy software but can back up saves and games or the nds adaptor+ which can back up only saves and only works on 32-bit systems without doing some annoying reconfiguring. however, the nds+ can backup 3ds games, whereas the sms4 can't. it's supposed to be able to eventually, but there's been no news on when that will be possible.

Edited by Bond697

if you're gonna use this: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?12405-A-tool-to-backup-HG-SS-saves

you been both a ds/lite and a flash card. the dsi can't be used, as it stops working once the slot-1 card is removed.

there's also an sms4, which has kind of crappy software but can back up saves and games or the nds backup tool which can back up only saves and only works on 32-bit systems without doing some annoying reconfiguring. however, the nds backup tool can backup 3ds games, whereas the sms4 can't. it's supposed to be able to eventually, but there's been no news on when that will be possible.

Don't forget about the NDS Backup Adapter Plus, which can also backup 3DS games.

Don't forget about the NDS Backup Adapter Plus, which can also backup 3DS games.

that's what i said? apparently i called it the wrong name, but not much else can back up 3ds saves...

it also isn't really worth picking up since it only runs on 32-bit systems without rebooting into test mode and being willing to run unsigned drivers because the nds adaptor+ guys are too cheap to pay to provide proper drivers. the sms4 does more for the same price and will be able to back up 3ds saves soon.

that's what i said? apparently i called it the wrong name, but not much else can back up 3ds saves...

it also isn't really worth picking up since it only runs on 32-bit systems without rebooting into test mode and being willing to run unsigned drivers because the nds adaptor+ guys are too cheap to pay to provide proper drivers. the sms4 does more for the same price and will be able to back up 3ds saves soon.

Oh, yeah. There's a homebrew app for the DS lite that can backup 3DS saves (if you cut that extra plastic off), I thought you meant that.

• 2 weeks later...