PokeTransfer

AllyKat

I wasn't sure where to put this on this forum where a response would be provided.

I was just thinking of PokeGen'in a PokeTransfer of Umbreon (who can only learn Dark Pulse in the previous Generation.) I stopped and thought about how the name is set to Original for mine and then I thought it would look silly with all Upper case letters compared to all my other Pokemon... that's when it hit me.

With the UK games released, has anyone been able to confirm if a Pokemon with its original name will be kept all upper case or along with slight data change in the PokeTransfer does it change its original name to be only the first letter capitalized?

Edited by AllyKat
Typo

I just transfered some Pokémon, and yes, their names are kept in all uppercase.

Pokémon that were migrated from a GBA cart then transfered to B/W will say "Hoenn, arrived at Lv. XX after a long travel through time."

I also noticed that if you migrate a 4th gen event, it retains the Fateful Encounter note in the summary.

I wasn't sure where to put this on this forum where a response would be provided.

I was just thinking of PokeGen'in a PokeTransfer of Umbreon (who can only learn Dark Pulse in the previous Generation.) I stopped and thought about how the name is set to Original for mine and then I thought it would look silly with all Upper case letters compared to all my other Pokemon... that's when it hit me.

With the UK games released, has anyone been able to confirm if a Pokemon with its original name will be kept all upper case or along with slight data change in the PokeTransfer does it change its original name to be only the first letter capitalized?

It's confirmed that it will be in uppercase,

But why don't you nickname the umbreon then send it over!

It's confirmed that it will be in uppercase, But why don't you nickname the umbreon then send it over!

Thankfully, I have the Action Replay DSi so my save from Pearl has been uploaded to my computer. Looks like there is a renaming in PokeSav that I need to do.

I should delete this post for mentioning Pokesav in this context.

The other "Said" program shows the names. I do have about 240 Pokemon's name to edit. In this case, that program is far more helpful. (I've already voiced the fact that I love PokeGen but loathe its interface.)

Anywho, I created the Umbreon. Now, I just need to wait to test it. Just need the code generator working in PokeGen then I am good to go.

The other "Said" program shows the names. I do have about 240 Pokemon's name to edit. In this case, that program is far more helpful.

That's actually useful feedback. "I loathe the interface" is not.

The code generator is being worked on right now. It may be ready later today, but I'm not making promises.