Pokemon Black & White AR Codes? [Jp]

FreeSpirit

Yeah, actually. I've been reading about the above problem on several different sites, and trying to find information on it to no avail. Is anyone else experiencing that same problem? I have an ARDS and DSLite and have ordered the physical Pokemon Black (Jpn) Cartridge, which should arrive soon. I have already input all the codes I'll probably need into my ARDS ahead of time and am just waiting on the cart, but I've been seeing this problem (B/W ARDS incompatibility / White Startup Screen) mentioned a lot. Does anyone know anything about it? Is anyone here successfully using the codes listed in this thread on a physical cart on a DSLite using ARDS?

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please help me with this? I have the actual games by the way, not a Rom.
Yeah, actually. I've been reading about the above problem on several different sites, and trying to find information on it to no avail. Is anyone else experiencing that same problem? I have an ARDS and DSLite and have ordered the physical Pokemon Black (Jpn) Cartridge, which should arrive soon. I have already input all the codes I'll probably need into my ARDS ahead of time and am just waiting on the cart, but I've been seeing this problem (B/W ARDS incompatibility / White Startup Screen) mentioned a lot. Does anyone know anything about it? Is anyone here successfully using the codes listed in this thread on a physical cart on a DSLite using ARDS?
Pokemon B/W will only work with an ARDSi. Pokemon B/W will not work with an ARDS.

See, that's the oddest thing. Because on the Datel Youtube channel they have not just one, but TWO vids showing using what is quite obviously the ARDS (V7.10) to play Pokemon Black (JPN) and White (JPN). Plus the Datel website clearly says you will not have to buy a new/different AR, just maybe update. I've already emailed Datel about this, I was just wondering if anybody who frequents this thread happened to successfully use an ARDS + DSLite + the actual Cart + these codes.

Thanks!

See, that's the oddest thing. Because on the Datel Youtube channel they have not just one, but TWO vids showing using what is quite obviously the ARDS (V7.10) to play Pokemon Black (JPN) and White (JPN). Plus the Datel website clearly says you will not have to buy a new/different AR, just maybe update. I've already emailed Datel about this, I was just wondering if anybody who frequents this thread happened to successfully use an ARDS + DSLite + the actual Cart + these codes.

Thanks!

Just note that some codes don't always work out on the original game and only on the emulator. We had similar issues with some codes for Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver such as the Wild Pokemon Modifier, people who use it on the AR sometimes see that it crashes when you press the activator buttons. It might have had to do with either the code itself or how the Action Replay deals with the codes. Some codes worked on the regular DS AR and some worked on the DSi AR.

Just note that some codes don't always work out on the original game and only on the emulator. We had similar issues with some codes for Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver such as the Wild Pokemon Modifier, people who use it on the AR sometimes see that it crashes when you press the activator buttons. It might have had to do with either the code itself or how the Action Replay deals with the codes. Some codes worked on the regular DS AR and some worked on the DSi AR.

This is noted and thank you for warning us...however, I have the game cartridge for Black and both AR DS and DSi versions. I have tried at least 20 codes from this site and other sites, that are all basically the same and not one has worked. I don't mean they haven't worked as I was able to get into the game and then the activator didn't do anything or the game froze after I was in the game. I mean that I turned the AR on and selected one code at a time and then started the game. The ARs then attempt to load the game but don't get past the initial white screens before the game begins to load...this is the problem that kbrown and I are speaking towards...

This may be ridiculous, but does anybody think the "stuck at the white startup screen" problem that apparently a lot of people are having while using an ARDS on a physical DS with a physical cart could be caused by the game ID? I have found that when other games have the incorrect game ID they get stuck on the white loading screen too. Datel's youtube channel has two vids of them using an ARDS on a physical DS and both Pokemon Black Version (JPN) and Pokemon White Version (JPN), so apparently there IS a way to make these codes work on an ARDS + Physical DS + Physical Legit Jap Cart.

i have a question. My ARDSI on a DS lite plus Actul game cartridge wont load Experience multiplier codes. is there any way to get this to work??

Does that mean that you have been able to get other codes to work? If you read the last two pages of posts you will see that myself and kbrown have been trying to get to the bottom of why our AR DS and AR DSi codes don't work at all for the physical game cartridges. If you have been able to get yours to work I would like to know what you did.

If the screen turns white once you start the game while an AR is inserted, it means that something is wrong with the codes itself not the game.

Then that implies there is something wrong with every code created for Pokemon Black and White that are out on the web right now. I know I input them correctly because I copy and pasted them to the code manager from this site as well as other sites and then from the manager to the ARs. So, if it is the codes then I wonder if the codes need to be different for the game cartridges compared to the ROMs/Flashcarts.

Maybe, but it can also be due to the Region Lock. Since you are playing the Japanese Version of B/W and using an AR from the US, your problem can be due to the Region Lock.

Note: Most of these codes do indeed work.

I kind of personally doubt it's due to region lock (though I could be wrong). I used my English ARDS on a DS Lite with my imported Pokemon Heart Gold Version (JPN) last year and had no problems at all.

And yes, that IS the confounding part. Those codes DO work!! The guys at Datel were even using them in those vids! (darn you Datel email me back already!!!)

The only thing I can recommend is to either wait for B/W to be released in the US/UK or for an AR Update.

You might have to consider checking if your Pokemon: White is added to your Game List or consider checking if you added the right Game ID.

It isn't a faulty game ID issue. It is just the fact that the games don't jive with the ARs. (The physical game and physical AR, not the computer ones). There are multiple people with this problem now and both kbrown and I have emailed codejunkies and datel about it and are currently waiting a response.

It isn't a faulty game ID issue. It is just the fact that the games don't jive with the ARs. (The physical game and physical AR, not the computer ones). There are multiple people with this problem now and both kbrown and I have emailed codejunkies and datel about it and are currently waiting a response.

K well, let me know if datel responds please.