Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

Roland

Hey Roland, I'm trying to patch these with the mac software you included but I cant seem to find the actual patch file that i need to put in the patch folder.

I've looked through every zip file in the folders for both games and cant find anything with the extension .patch... did you by chance forget to put that in there? Anyone else with a mac able to do it?

I could switch to windows and patch it but I figured I'd go ahead and point that out.

Hey Roland, I'm trying to patch these with the mac software you included but I cant seem to find the actual patch file that i need to put in the patch folder.

I've looked through every zip file in the folders for both games and cant find anything with the extension .patch... did you by chance forget to put that in there? Anyone else with a mac able to do it?

I could switch to windows and patch it but I figured I'd go ahead and point that out.

.xdelta is an extension I made up, you can change the .xdelta to anything you want... Including .patch

alright i'll give that a try

Edit: for some reason the patcher can't find the files in its folders. I put the patch in the Patch folder and the CLEAN rom in the Rom folder and here's what i get in Terminal. anyone with a mac have a problem with this?

DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher ; exit;

Patcher Coded by _Retro_

usage: dirname path

ls: /Rom/*.nds: No such file or directory

ls: /Patch/*.*: No such file or directory

/Users/Downloads/Perfect Soul CE/DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher: line 7: /xdelta3: No such file or directory

logout

[Process completed]

Edited by AlmightyZing

alright i'll give that a try

Edit: for some reason the patcher can't find the files in its folders. I put the patch in the Patch folder and the CLEAN rom in the Rom folder and here's what i get in Terminal. anyone with a mac have a problem with this?

DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher ; exit;

Patcher Coded by _Retro_

usage: dirname path

ls: /Rom/*.nds: No such file or directory

ls: /Patch/*.*: No such file or directory

/Users/Downloads/Perfect Soul CE/DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher: line 7: /xdelta3: No such file or directory

logout

[Process completed]

It looks like the directories aren't defined properly But I'm not sure... I don't know how to use the Mac version... Check the youtube link I put in the read me. Maybe that can help

I attempted to recreate it, and I used the save file I had from a few moments beforehand, but to no avail, it was a one time glitch... I will say that it scared me quite a bit, and that it gave me triple the most EXP that any other pokemon had given me from a battle at that point...

I guess just note that it was in the Ilex forest right after I beat the gym leader from the closest town... (I forget the town name for right now...) Thanks for the reply though!

- Coolham23 -

Sorry for the delayed responses my internet was down for awhile and I had work...

hey do the wild pokemon's levels go up in kanto because in HGSS it was pretty useless for their levels to be so low there since you couldn't get good experience

We didn't touch the levels for the most part. Legendaries are level 70, you could try fighting some of them... I wanted to focus more on the trainers so the trainers will give you a majority of your experience. (My Meganium is level 56 and I only have 7 badges...)

Im in goldenroad city and there s no new pokemon until here, just a glameow.its too hard to find. i want a starly.where can i find it?

Starly can be found where it always is in HG/SS... (Headbutt Pewter City) Next time please check the HG/SS pokedex (http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/)

i feel like it would make a little more sense to mix up the wild encounters a little bit so that some more new pokemon are seen earlier in the game. I would be glad to do this for you if you would like.

i feel like it would make a little more sense to mix up the wild encounters a little bit so that some more new pokemon are seen earlier in the game. I would be glad to do this for you if you would like.

While the offer is appreciated, That was Mushen's choice. It was also his biggest contribution to the hack. He joined me for Perfect Platinum as I was working on the events so he didn't get to put much into it. So I gave him full freedom to do as he pleased for this. It was his creative contribution to the hack, and personally I like it. You should search a little harder, there are legendaries and rares in quite a few places. *cough* Ilex Forest* Day & Night*cough* and the majority of the starters we placed in-game are as rare as the Legendaries. (Keep in mind that every game has said that the starters were "rare pokémon") And we stuck several out there that are 'rare encounters' because they are not native to the region. You're not gonna take a visit to Alaska and see a Lion roaming around are you? Maybe. But it'd be pretty damn rare!

Edited by Roland
typo

I have not had that problem, sorry I am playing the Soulsilver version presently.

Professor Oak will give you a Kanto Starter after you beat red in his lab in Pallet town.

Steven will give you a Hoenn Starter, about the same time at the Silph Company

I don't think that you can get the Sinnoh Starters, except through trade.

Edited by Tracy1969able
Did not know spoilers

• 2 weeks later...
man you werent kidding about the rarity of those starters. took me 45 minutes to finally run into that pesky Squirtle! now for the other 7...

side note: why grovyle instead of treeko?

Sorry for the delayed response, that was actually a mistake we made. We have corrected it and it will be in the next patch. We are currently researching another issue we may have came across. A friend of mine was hunting for Deoxys in route 26 and ran into a few glitch pokémon. I have reason to believe this was because he was hunting in the morning and Deoxys only appears at night. Mushen was charged with testing to be certain as I was not that far into the game yet but he has been too busy to test. If anyone runs into glitch pokemon in Ilex Forest afternoon or route 26 morning and afternoon please report your findings. I have reason to believe that it is because we left the slots empty that we are running into them.

I spent a few hours roaming through Ilex Forest in the afternoon and never ran into anything unusual (except i wasnt finding my Mew then I realized he was a morning one... haha)

I'll check Rt. 26 when i get a chance. Deoxys was one of the next ones i was going after anyway.

I spent a few hours roaming through Ilex Forest in the afternoon and never ran into anything unusual (except i wasnt finding my Mew then I realized he was a morning one... haha)

I'll check Rt. 26 when i get a chance. Deoxys was one of the next ones i was going after anyway.

While I have confirmed the glitch on Route 26 I have yet to duplicate it elsewhere... I gotta look up a list of areas we left blanks in and see if they appear anywhere else but it may just be route 26. If this is the case we may just adjust it so Deoxys is available anytime there...

I ran around a little with PerfectSoul.

Slowpoke Well looks like it can glitch, so you may have a blank slot there.

Also, is there anything changes story-wise or is it just pokemon encounters and evolutions and trainer levels? Is there any reason I shouldn't use this with my existing save? I don't suppose there's a list of encounter locations for the changes made?

By the way, this is exactly what I've been looking for for a while. Fantastic work.

I ran around a little with PerfectSoul.

Slowpoke Well looks like it can glitch, so you may have a blank slot there.

Also, is there anything changes story-wise or is it just pokemon encounters and evolutions and trainer levels? Is there any reason I shouldn't use this with my existing save? I don't suppose there's a list of encounter locations for the changes made?

By the way, this is exactly what I've been looking for for a while. Fantastic work.

I'd advise starting a new game, only because if you start half way or so through this game it may be too hard, but it is your call. The trainers are significantly harder in mine.

As for a list, a friend of mine is offering to make the list but we are testing event work at the moment. On the plus side, he has tested the Arceus event for me as of earlier today and came across a graphical glitch I need to look into.

Also, yes we do have 2 blank spots in slowpoke well, my friend tested and never ran into a glitch but it seems he may have missed it, this is a quick fix as all I have to do is remove the 1 Azelf so that Azelf will no longer be obtainable in the night, only Day & Morning. This will be fixed in the next release.

Good luck with the hack one question what hacking tools do u use?

PPRE and a hex editor.

to all: Testing is getting there little by little. I made an error with my SS files that I'll have to fix before I work on the next release but it will only take about 15 minutes to fix my mistake, after that I can try and seed out the errors and bugs, and from there, go on to modify events as needed. If things go as I planned I can start testing event edits in about 2 days. GameFreak has made my work extremely challenging this time around but I will do my best to adjust the events as needed. If worse comes to worse I will put the event pokémon in as random encounters but I want to try to avoid that.