GBA SP Pokemon Fire Red .SAV unable to be opened in PKHeX

Hi, I have been searching for hours on how to fix the current problem I am facing with opening my Fire Red save. 

Just got my R4 card, uploaded the .gba & .sav files to it, attempted to open them in PKHex (latest version 20240505) and I keep getting the followinng error message:

"Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size. This could mean PKHeX doesn't support your save file or your save file is corrupt.

File Loaded: D:\GBA_Backup\POKENIB_FIRE_BPRE01.sav

File Size: 131072 bytes

131072 bytes (0x20000)"

This save file comes from (I'd assume) a repack cart that I got from eBay for like $20. I have already gotten my starter, beat Brock's gym & have saved way more than just twice.

Attached below is a copy of the .sav file I am attempting to upload if that helps as I have seen everyone always asks for that in other threads I've read regarding issues with PKHeX & .sav files.

Thank you in advance for helping!

POKEMON_FIRE_BPRE01.sav

On 5/8/2024 at 8:29 PM, Kaphotics said:

Fake/flashcarts store their data differently; the contents in the file you've uploaded are not a Gen3 save file, or any fragment of such.

So what would that mean my options are then? Am I just SOL & need to try and find a legit cart?