Error in loading .sav file for pokemon y "unsupported fille type/size"

Where did this file come from? A valid Pokémon Y save file should be a file named "main" (without extension), with the size of 405KB.

In actual hardware (3DS/2DS with game cartridge or digital copy) a save file must be extracted AND DECRYPTED using a Homebrew save-manager, like Checkpoint (little guide here).
This assumes that you have a complete CFW setup on your 3DS console (complete guide here).

If you are using Citra you should take a look here.

Edited by AlamosIT

1 hour ago, AlamosIT said:

Where did this file come from? A valid Pokémon Y save file should be a file named "main" (without extension), with the size of 405KB.

In actual hardware (3DS/2DS with game cartridge or digital copy) a save file must be extracted AND DECRIPTED using a Homebrew save-manager, like Checkpoint (little guide here).
This assumes that you have a complete CFW setup on your 3DS console (complete guide here).

If you are using Citra you should take a look here.

i'm using sky3ds+, these .sav files get created automaticaly when the rom (that i digitalized legaly) gets recognized by the cartridge, i think

Well, if you dumped your ROM to play it on a flashcart, then you have access to homebrew and the original cartridge.

Flashcart-specific dumps that are not decrypted are not usable in any program like PKHeX. You need to decrypt the file, which is unrelated to PKHeX (and this site).

11 hours ago, Sebeeeee said:

i'm using sky3ds+, these .sav files get created automaticaly when the rom (that i digitalized legaly) gets recognized by the cartridge, i think

If you have a CFW 3DS you should be able to use JKSM to dump a decrypted save file from Sky3DS and inject in original cartridge/digital copy.

Edited by AlamosIT

12 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Well, if you dumped your ROM to play it on a flashcart, then you have access to homebrew and the original cartridge.

I think the Sky3DS has a dock for dumping the games so this might not be true depending on how good their dumper is compared to a CFW 3DS.

4 hours ago, Sebeeeee said:

I will try even though i have no idea if my 3ds as a cfw

How did you dump your game? If you used your 3DS to get it then you should have CFW but if you used their dumper then you would need to get access to a CFW 3DS.

4 hours ago, Sebeeeee said:

I will try even though i have no idea if my 3ds as a cfw. i dont have a lot of knowledge in this

In this guide, one of the first steps is checking if you already have CFW.

image.png.fe0135e093c79599c0a7a79a1134f460.png

Edited by AlamosIT

41 minutes ago, Sebeeeee said:

isn't there a decryption app to download directly on a pc?

would be easier

No, because you need an actual 3DS hardware in order to decrypt, as if it were a "decryption key"

3 hours ago, Sebeeeee said:

well i'll just start a new save i don't wanna risk bricking my 3ds while installing a cfw thx for your help everyone 

Nowadays brick a 3DS while installing CFW is almost impossible.

image.thumb.png.d80ad71fa95182a769c19a247fe4fbf9.png