Tried to transfer pk7/8 file to SwSh, however the OT name changed?

givrou11

As referred in title,  I've created some pokemons which are from gen 7,

but when I send them to my Shield account on switch,

I found the OT name changed into "Sword." ,

which means they didn't remain the OT name I created.

Is there any way to solve this? Really hope those pkms can remain my own name as their OT...

Edited by givrou11

1 hour ago, givrou11 said:

As referred in title,  I've created some pokemons which are from gen 7,

but when I send them to my Shield account on switch,

I found the OT name changed into "Sword." ,

which means they didn't remain the OT name I created.

Is there any way to solve this? Really hope those pkms can remain my own name as their OT...

Your original OT probably replaced, possibly got censored due to bad name detected, or changed due to the presence of impossible trash bytes

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

got censored due to bad name detected, or changed due to the presence of impossible trash bytes

First of all thanks for replying.

But what’s definition of “bad” name? At least I’m sure that’s my legal name in reality, which is not dirty word or else.

Besides since OT name in USUM are not in default font, I’ve tried change it to default ones and transfer again, though still find the OT name being changed to “Sword.” Does this affect? Like maybe the system read my TID at once then locked it with the OT name “Sword.” …?

Edit: found a similar problem in this post 

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/39571-bug-report-ot-name-may-changed-after-trade/

Edited by givrou11

1 hour ago, givrou11 said:

First of all thanks for replying.

But what’s definition of “bad” name? At least I’m sure that’s my legal name in reality, which is not dirty word or else.

Besides since OT name in USUM are not in default font, I’ve tried change it to default ones and transfer again, though still find the OT name being changed to “Sword.” Does this affect? Like maybe the system read my TID at once then locked it with the OT name “Sword.” …?

Edit: found a similar problem in this post 

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/39571-bug-report-ot-name-may-changed-after-trade/

It may be easier for us to just see the name. Do you have an copy of the Mon?

9 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

It may be easier for us to just see the name. Do you have an copy of the Mon?

Here's the comparison:

This Gible(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jd5NFcAEDgATmx67Hnp0KWthISuaoifS/view?usp=sharing) was legally hatched in game (which spent me bunch of hours manipulating RNG tool), it has the correct OT name. However I'm playing game on Citra not 3DS, so it comes from a Citra save file.

Then after I transferred it via discord bot to my Switch (game version is Shield), the OT name turned to be like this(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NF2MJ8-HoaSDBEDxSrcSnDnMCh1BhInw/view?usp=sharing), the word "劍." means "Sword." otoh.

So I wonder if there's any way to fix this, or is this a bug? Thanks for helping.

0443 ★ - Gible - D732BCEB720D.pk7

45 minutes ago, givrou112 said:

Then after I transferred it via discord bot to my Switch (game version is Shield), the OT name turned to be like this(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NF2MJ8-HoaSDBEDxSrcSnDnMCh1BhInw/view?usp=sharing), the word "劍." means "Sword." otoh.

I was previously under the impression you transferred up legitimately.

ProjectPokemon supports uploading images to it, no need to use Google Drive to show us screenshots.

I'll need to take a look on my end to see what happens

• Like 1

9 hours ago, givrou112 said:

Here's the comparison:

This Gible(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jd5NFcAEDgATmx67Hnp0KWthISuaoifS/view?usp=sharing) was legally hatched in game (which spent me bunch of hours manipulating RNG tool), it has the correct OT name. However I'm playing game on Citra not 3DS, so it comes from a Citra save file.

So I wonder if there's any way to fix this, or is this a bug? Thanks for helping.

0443 ★ - Gible - D732BCEB720D.pk7 260 B · 4 downloads

just change the OT

Example:

Edited by ERNESTO JG

That’s not really a solution I reckon.
If the issue was the OT name changing when they received it via trade from sysbot, well.. they’re gonna need to use sysbot to trade to them the file that you fixed, which probably will get changed upon trade again.

(assumption here is that they don’t have a CFW Switch, hence why they used Sysbot in the first place)

Thus we’ll need to identify *why* it changes.

While it’s not a bug on our side, it’ll be good to know why the server insists on changing it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ERNESTO JG said:

Well but I want the it to be "AwanUS", since that comes from my game save file....

BTW I've changed the OT name's font (using same name) and transfered to my Switch yesterday but it still turned out to be "Sword." .

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

That’s not really a solution I reckon.
If the issue was the OT name changing when they received it via trade from sysbot, well.. they’re gonna need to use sysbot to trade to them the file that you fixed, which probably will get changed upon trade again.

(assumption here is that they don’t have a CFW Switch, hence why they used Sysbot in the first place)

Thus we’ll need to identify *why* it changes.

While it’s not a bug on our side, it’ll be good to know why the server insists on changing it.

You're right, and I believe most ppl don't own a CFW Switch.

And though that pkm does not come from 3DS, but imo it was still a legal pokemon since the stats are non-artificial but created from the game seeds?

Furthermore, I've created pkms which OTs are Pkhex's default name, and when it transfer via discord BOT to Violet, the OT name remains.

Edited by givrou112

Today I tried to transfer a Lumineon from the same Ultra Sun game file to Violet on Switch,

then the OP name still turned out being "Scarlet".

I've created pkms and send them to switch via trade BOT before and the OT names (which were originally the default name of PKHex) won't change like this time.

Really need help and thanks a lot ˊ_ˋ.