Transfer Pokemon From SV to SWSH

FireGeneral

41 minutes ago, SkyLink98 said:

Have you tried opening the Pokémon HOME application and do the transfer?

No I didn't, I only dragged a pokemon from Gen9 save and put it into Gen8 save.

Since I could drag a pokemon from Gen8 save and put it into Gen9 save fine, I assumed it would be fine the other way around as well.

Considering the advertisements of Home stating the two-way transfer capability for SWSH.

Edited by FireGeneral

Spoofing transfers for Switch games with PKHeX is not generally fine, even if PKheX has the green checkmark.

HOME would know the transfer is invalid, and you may encounter issues in your mons if they ever touch Home.

GF/TPCi also started to do minimal checks on HOME Trackers, which all mons should have if they have been legitimately transfered through games. This was the cause of the relevant amount of disqalifications in the Pokémon World Championships (bad transfered mons).

Hence, your transfers done through PKHeX are all invalid.

Always use Pokémon HOME to transfer your mons (if transfering between Switch games).

And yes, you can use HOME to transfer from SV to SwSh, for those species that are available in both games.

Also, never edit core data from mons that have been transfered through Home.

1 hour ago, SkyLink98 said:

Spoofing transfers for Switch games with PKHeX is not generally fine, even if PKheX has the green checkmark.

HOME would know the transfer is invalid, and you may encounter issues in your mons if they ever touch Home.

GF/TPCi also started to do minimal checks on HOME Trackers, which all mons should have if they have been legitimately transfered through games. This was the cause of the relevant amount of disqalifications in the Pokémon World Championships (bad transfered mons).

Hence, your transfers done through PKHeX are all invalid.

Always use Pokémon HOME to transfer your mons (if transfering between Switch games).

And yes, you can use HOME to transfer from SV to SwSh, for those species that are available in both games.

Also, never edit core data from mons that have been transfered through Home.

So it's normal if I transfer through Home and the PKHex is giving the red checkmark? Asking in advance.

Edited by FireGeneral

29 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

What’s the legality report?

I guess PKHex really can't be used to transfer pokemon... This is what I get when transfer a pokemon from Gen9 to Gen8, have it evolved, then transfer it back to Gen9.

I know how to make this legal again, but it's such a bummer PKHex can't properly transfer pokemon between Gens.

SS.png

Edited by FireGeneral

54 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Submit the pk8 and pk9 of the mon. Transfer support is still a work in progress.

Sorry, in the end, I realized that was caused by me messing up something. Sorry for wasting your time.

Details:

My SV and SWSH OT both use the same TID and SID.

When I transfer it to Gen8, it writes memory to OT, hence the legality report. (It got fixed after I switch OT memory to HT memory)

just curious, the Pokemon you tried moving, had they previously been in Home? and would therefore have a Home tracker? if so, you could just drag/drop them in PKHex then edit the Home tracker to all 0's yeah?

I did this with Shiny Mew for example. I gen'd Shiny Mew in my Violet save without ever transferring it from anywhere, changed the OT info to match my PoGo trainer details so it appeared legit, made sure Home tracker was all 0's...and now I have Shiny Mew in my game and it passed the PKHex legality checker

8 minutes ago, doctorgonzo said:

I did this with Shiny Mew for example. I gen'd Shiny Mew in my Violet save without ever transferring it from anywhere, changed the OT info to match my PoGo trainer details so it appeared legit, made sure Home tracker was all 0's...and now I have Shiny Mew in my game and it passed the PKHex legality checker

The green checkmark on PKHeX doesn't mean that Mew is actually legal. It wouldn't have passed the tournament legality checks. Again, PKHeX does not have access to Home servers. Don't temper with the Home Tracker unless you know what you're doing.

1 minute ago, SkyLink98 said:

The green checkmark on PKHeX doesn't mean that Mew is actually legal. It wouldn't have passed the tournament legality checks. Again, PKHeX does not have access to Home servers. Don't temper with the Home Tracker unless you know what you're doing.

ok no worries cheers

9 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

Exactly this. Don't treat the green checkmark as proof that the Pokemon is actually legal. The checkmark means that PkHex can't prove it is illegal. Imagine that your Pokemon is a person, and the legality analysis is a trial for a crime. Well, the thing about trials is that they don't judge if the person is innocent (equivalent to a Pokemon being legit); they judge if they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the person is guilty, and in case the court can't do that the person is declared not guilty.

PkHex is the same. So a green checkmark is only a non-guilty sentence, not an innocent one. Maybe PkHex can't prove it, but Home is able to do it thanks to the data stored on the server. Or maybe PkHex can't prove a Pokemon illegal today, but in the future, an update in the code allow it to detect modifications that are unable today. The absence of proof of guilty is not proof of innocence.

Even if the Pokemon is legit, PkHex still won't be able to prove it. It is the same as an innocent person in a court. You could know that you and your Pokemon are innocent but for the rest of the world, the only thing they can have is not being able to prove is guilty.

As far as I am concerned, the lack of a red triangle or the existence of a green check mark simply means "the pokemon is valid as far as we know". I don't think the creators and collaborators of PKHeX can account for every aspect of legality checking, especially whatever happens server-side. Over time, things that previously "looked good" to PKHeX got flagged in newer versions of the program, as the understanding of pokemon legality improved. I fully expect my "clean" save file from Scarlet to look completely hacked a year or two from now as PKHeX improves, that's just the way it goes.

In the end, there's only one way to guarantee you won't get disqualified / banned for hacked pokemon: Don't illegally modify your save file if you intend to compete or play online. Aside from the fact that this is just good sportsmanship in general, it's the only surefire way to ensure you will pass all present and future legality checks. I wish I could say I am surprised about all of the disqualifications, but I am not. It is no longer a secret that the top VGC circuit is full of known and confirmed cheaters. Don't be that person.

• Thanks 1

All fair and accurate points. I myself dont ever play online or battle, I purely hunt and collect only. Working on living shiny dex

Only reason i suggested what I did was I did that myself to get Pokemon to/from Home to other games. I totally misunderstood OP was referring to online battle leagues haha, thought they meant just Home in general