Help with Fire Red and Emerald save files

MrClean74

3 hours ago, BlackShark said:

There is only garbage in your files, no usable data.

Thats actually hilarious because it works with my real pokemon crystal so i know its the carts

2 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

Repros often store the save files near the rom data, you might want to try this

IT WORKS!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH

Is this save in any way recoverable? It got corrupted randomly as soon as I got the flash boy so I can't back it up

POKEMON YELLOW.sav

1 hour ago, MrClean74 said:

IT WORKS!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH

how do i put it back in the cart now?

2 minutes ago, MrClean74 said:

im using the flash boy cyclon software

Reportedly only GB operator and Joey Jr can overwrite the ROM sectors of repro carts, but I’ve not tested it myself.

I’m saying this because for repro carts, the saves are actually stored in the ROM. Meaning if you want to edit the save, you’re actually editing a section of the ROM sector on the repro cart.

Suffice to say you’ll be easier off editing the save of a retail cart, not a repro cart. 

10 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Reportedly only GB operator and Joey Jr can overwrite the ROM sectors of repro carts, but I’ve not tested it myself.

I’m saying this because for repro carts, the saves are actually stored in the ROM. Meaning if you want to edit the save, you’re actually editing a section of the ROM sector on the repro cart.

Suffice to say you’ll be easier off editing the save of a retail cart, not a repro cart. 

Alright well I will get one of those and give it a try

15 minutes ago, MrClean74 said:

on the flash boy software, theres an option to specify the cart as a flash cart, and you can write a rom file. idk if thats gonna work but it could

Not sure if you should do that. I personally would recommend it.

If you still decide to do it despite being warned not to, remember it is all at your own risk. if you’re gonna do it, at least keep a safe backup of the ROM before proceeding.

43 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Not sure if you should do that. I personally would recommend it.

If you still decide to do it despite being warned not to, remember it is all at your own risk. if you’re gonna do it, at least keep a safe backup of the ROM before proceeding.

whats so bad about it? also it said it stalled