Games: Nintendo confirms generation 5

NewsBot

In my opinion, it will either be released on a new system or Wii. My theory is supported by these facts:

There're a couple holes in your logic there... namely, never has a brand new Pokémon RPG inducted a new generation on a home console system. Every new generation has officially started on a handheld system. So why would they change that now? If you ask me, the whole framework of the Pokémon RPG franchise has been built around the idea of portability, of "go out there and meet some rivals" and stuff. While the Wii is small and light, I don't think that's the type of platform the creators have in mind for that sort of thing.

Additionally, the jump from Gameboy to Gameboy Color is pretty close to the jump from DS / DS Lite to DSi. So I see no reason why they couldn't just release the games as DSi enhanced or DSi exclusive games, a strategy which Nintendo stated was its intention when the DSi was first announced.

"I'd like to introduce you to another new Pokémon title, which should become one of the most anticipated Nintendo DS titles for this year. The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo have been developing a new Pokémon title with the aim to launch the software this year.

The cumulative global sales of all the Pokémon series software have reached 130 million. This new Pokémon software will become the first brand new Pokémon title in 4 years since Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, which sold more than 5.8 million units in Japan, was launched.

Of course, this totally new Pokémon title will include new fields of adventure and a number of new Pokémons living there. As a totally new version, it will contain various unprecedented experiences."

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/100129/06.html

If they have this/these games on a new system, after saying that, I will be sad.

when all is said and done, i would like to say... that if it is on ds or dsi, i am availiable to help in the translations :P

sorry if that seems a little random, i couldn't find a thread that had translation info on this gen, im sure there will be one soon ^^