I think i f*cked up my save

Javirk97

Hey guys, I'll try to explain everything to the detail. I was playing Pokemon Red VC (spanish version) in my 2ds (with CFW). I had Haunter at lvl 35 and wanted to evolve it to Gengar, so I turned off my console, and apparently my brain too, because I wanted to make a backup for the save before editing it with PkHex but instead deleted it permanently. I managed to recover it, but when I open the game it says "The save data is corrupted and will be reset" or something like that, So yeah, that's where I'm at. When I try to open it with PkHex i get the following error (image).

I'm ready to start a new game, lost all hope, but I really want to learn from this, so any tips, easier ways to edit a save, methods to prevent this, etc, will be welcome. Thanks in advance guys.

recortepokemon.PNG

For reference, you need custom firmware to extract your savefile from your 3DS. The savefiles found on the SD card by default are not usable in their current format, you can't just copy the file off the SD card and drop it into PKHeX, PKHeX won't be able to read it.

If any of the data was lost or overwritten during the recovery process, it's unlikely the savefile will still work, but you can try to extract it using custom firmware and it may potentially load into PKHeX where some of the box and party data could be intact, in which case you would lose your progress, but you could save your Pokémon and transfer them to your new savefile.

Edited by Atrius97