How to give my tyrantum double ability in PkHex

C24

I'm not sure what you mean by "double ability". If you're referring to Strong Jaw or Rock Head, just change the Ability dropdown in the Main tab of PKHeX.

If you mean "I want it to have two abilities at the same time" that's not something PKHeX can help you with, because PKHeX can't change how the game works. You would have to create a ROM hack of the game that allows two abilities at once. Pokemon have one ability at a time (with the exception of Calyrex, but that's a few specific case).

Edited by Atrius97

19 minutes ago, C24 said:

so my tyrantum cannot have head smash and  strong jaw together??

If you mean Rock Head instead of Head Smash then nope it’s one or the other. Your not dealing with Calyrex here. Besides that edge case Pokémon can only have one ability at a time. Since gen 6 you can use an Ability Capsule to switch between the two main abilities of a Pokémon (that’s if it has two different abilities) or as of gen 8 permanently set it to its hidden ability with an Ability Patch. If you do mean Head Smash the attack and Strong Jaw then yes since I’m recent gens there really isn’t a limitation with attack and ability combos.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 12:57 AM, Poke J said:

Your not dealing with Calyrex here. Besides that edge case Pokémon can only have one ability at a time.

Also, I'll like to point out, as much as 'Calyrex' is "an edge case" here, it really isn't.
(this isn't a response to you Poke J btw, I'm just quoting you to explain something in general)

Think of it this way, let's ignore the text, and the name, that shows up on screen for a second.
Shadow Rider Calyrex (+Spectrier) and Ice Rider Calyrex (+Glastrier) only has one ability respectively.
However, in the game files, that ability is meant to have multiple effects, which isn't a super rare thing if you think about other abilities.

People just get confused cause (a) it appeared to be 2 separate abilities before fusion, and (b) the ability has the same name between both Calyrex's. So it gives the impression it is doing some variable ability stuff.

But that isn't the case.

The effects are the ability are set in stone. Heck, they even have different IDs.
image.png
Stuff you normally can't see if you don't look at game data. It has different IDs.

This ability was developed with the 'abilities that appears to have fused' gimmick in mind; it was made to look like it can use both abilities.

So to answer back the original question:
1. No, you cannot have 2 abilities active at one time, and
to answer the bonus question (that may appear) in relation to Calyrex:
2. No, you cannot manipulate 'As One' to have different abilities bundled in it. It's hard-coded to appear as though it's Unnerve + one of the mount's ability. (which one depends on ID)
If you want to change the effect, you gotta ROM edit, not SAV edit.
Tho at that point, might as well just edit Rock Head directly?