Transporter blocking a few mons

LilSmooshy

I've been sending old mons through trough Transporter to Bank. Recently a select few have been blocked by the Transporter namely

Farfetch'd from XD and Fire Red in game trade

All Pokemon box egg reward mons

JPN colosseum celebi and pikachu

All were obtained myself via emulator and moved to pokemon Black through Pkhex. I can't identify an issue with them myself using pkhex.

Could anyone assist?

Edited by LilSmooshy

27 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Could just be Transporter being iffy. Get rid of their event moves, get them to level 100, then check again.

Ok the Celebi, Pikachu and all Pokemon Bank egg Pokemon got through without any edits - I put that down to an error on part mayhaps.

However both Farfetch'd will not got through - pesky ducks. Im trying to collect everything from in game trades etc.

3 minutes ago, LilSmooshy said:

Ok the Celebi, Pikachu and all Pokemon Bank egg Pokemon got through without any edits - I put that down to an error on part mayhaps.

However both Farfetch'd will not got through - pesky ducks. Im trying to collect everything from in game trades etc.

I'm thinking Farfetch'd could be related to the handling of the apostrophe.
Try transferring up normally from Gen 3 and see how that goes.

23 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm thinking Farfetch'd could be related to the handling of the apostrophe.
Try transferring up normally from Gen 3 and see how that goes.

I dont have multiple DS to be able to do it. I do think you are right though about the apostrophe.

Would you know how Pal Park handles the apostrophe maybe I could mimic the change on Pkhex then try the Transporter again

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

I'll probably do some testing on my own later.

Please let me know what you find out. I'll keep trying and if can sort anything out I'll reply.

I've managed to transfer from platinum to black using PokeTransfer via Melon DS -emulator.

How accurate it emulates the transfer im not sure. However I have found the following -

both are flagging as illegal on Pkhex

Pkhex says their nicknames have been altered - it appears to be something with the apostrophe - like you stated

I'll try move them through the Transporter now.

Files attached - you can see the slight change in the apostrophe when comparing the two in pkhex

083 - FARFETCH'D - 9D468D4CC334.pk5 083 - FARFETCH’D - BC6B8D4CC334.pk5

Edited by LilSmooshy

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I'll probably do some testing on my own later.

Got them through after going through Poke Transfer gen 4 -5

Confirmed to be an issue with the apostrophe - It appears going through Pal Park or Poke Transfer in Gen 3 - 4 -5 will alter the apostrophe which is what the Transporter is checking for.

As I originally used Pkhex to move them from Gen 3 to 5 the change hadn't occurred and they were blocked from going into Bank via Transporter.

A note is that Pkhex will flag them as illegal even though they are fine - Flags that the nickname is altered regarding the in game traded Farfetch'd and the XD Farfetch'd nickname doesnt match the species name.

4 minutes ago, LilSmooshy said:

Got them through after going through Poke Transfer gen 4 -5

Confirmed to be an issue with the apostrophe - It appears going through Pal Park or Poke Transfer in Gen 3 - 4 -5 will alter the apostrophe which is what the Transporter is checking for.

As I originally used Pkhex to move them from Gen 3 to 5 the change hadn't occurred and they were blocked from going into Bank via Transporter.

A note is that Pkhex will flag them as illegal even though they are fine - Flags that the nickname is altered regarding the in game traded Farfetch'd and the XD Farfetch'd nickname doesnt match the species name.

Do you still have the proper pk3, pk4 and pk5 files?

10 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Do you still have the proper pk3, pk4 and pk5 files?

Here is the original Pk3 (before transfer)  and the Pk5 (after Poke transfer).

To clarify I never went gen 3 -4 Pal park as I could not emulate it.

I did go Gen 4 -5 Poke transfer as I could emulate that transfer via Melon DS so there is only the PK3 and PK5 to compare.

It appears the spacing between the apostrophe and the 'D' is closer together after going through Poke Transfer

083 - FARFETCH'D - B8E48D4CC334.xk3 083 - FARFETCH'D - 9D468D4CC334.pk5

Edited by LilSmooshy

@Kaphotics it appears PKHeX isn't dealing with the apostrophe right when emulating the transfer up.

To supplement the entries, here's my Gen 3 and 4 Farfetch'd (both the same copy, but transferred up via Desmume).

I can transfer that copy up to Gen 5 if need be.

Based on the files provided, it looks like transferred up species name differs from ones bred in Gen 5? As a result, the old Farfetch'd will be flagged illegal with the old name.

083 - FARFETCH’D - D6CF72B1B9CC.pk3 083 - FARFETCH’D - 62B072B1B9CC.pk4

37 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

@Kaphotics it appears PKHeX isn't dealing with the apostrophe right when emulating the transfer up.

To supplement the entries, here's my Gen 3 and 4 Farfetch'd (both the same copy, but transferred up via Desmume).

I can transfer that copy up to Gen 5 if need be.

Based on the files provided, it looks like transferred up species name differs from ones bred in Gen 5? As a result, the old Farfetch'd will be flagged illegal with the old name.

083 - FARFETCH’D - D6CF72B1B9CC.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads 083 - FARFETCH’D - 62B072B1B9CC.pk4 236 B · 0 downloads

I've attached one I just bred in Pokemon Black. Hatch with name all in lower case which is different from the previous gen all capitals.

Pkhex flags as illegal due to nickname not matching species name.

Edit - ill breed one in Emerald to see what happens.

Edit - bred one in Gen 3 Emerald and Gen 4 Platinum both hatched with capitals in the nickname and with the previous spacing.

Farfetch'd hatched in gen 5 appear to have the name in lower case and ones Transferred from Gen 4 using Poke Transfer have the apostrophe edited in the name.

It seems the change was implemented in Gen 5 - any moved through Pkhex into gen 5 from a previous game will not pass Pokemon Transporter

083 - Farfetch'd - 832D82BACC27.pk5

083 - FARFETCH’D - 3332003171C4.pk4

Edited by LilSmooshy

For the record, I moved a few mons up with non-Alphabet characters in their names:

From Gen 3 to Gen 5:
Farfetch'd, NidoranF, NidoranM, Mr. Mime, Porygon2, Ho-Oh

From Gen 4 to Gen 5:
Mime Jr., Porygon-Z

Only Farfetch'd has this issue.

Edit: @LilSmooshy the devs are looking into the issue of unnicknamed Farfetch'd and the Gen 3 in-game trade Farfetch'd.

• Like 1