How to catch Spiritomb Pearl?

PokemonGBAhax

1 hour ago, Delta Blast Burn said:

I think your only option on a physical copy is to use an action replay if you don't a way to extract your save.

Damn. I assumed that. Im working on a way to extract DS game saves. Iv not long started doing cheats on GBA games. Do you have a cheat for spiritomb by chance? 

Edited by PokemonGBAhax

Once you extracted your save, you can consider save editing the relevant constants (that controls people met) to 32, and see if that works.

post for context:

edit: I didn't realize it was even simpler now. Just edit the event flags of your save with PKHeX:
image.png

Once edited, import the save into your game
image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Once you extracted your save, you can consider save editing the relevant constants (that controls people met) to 32, and see if that works.

post for context:

edit: I didn't realize it was even simpler now. Just edit the event flags of your save with PKHeX:
image.png

Once edited, import the save into your game
image.png

Awesome! When i get home tomorrow i will try get my save extracted and give that a try. 

So can you use that same program to trigger other event pokemon? 

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, PokemonGBAhax said:

Awesome! When i get home tomorrow i will try get my save extracted and give that a try. 

So can you use that same program to trigger other event pokemon? 

Thanks. 

As in in-game event Pokemon? Yes.

PKHeX is able to force them to appear or go into hiding.
image.png

Do note that by toggling flags that are related to the story, you may end up going through story events again.

@theSLAYER Hi bud. i finally got around to trying to get this Spiritomb with PHKex but having a bit of trouble with step 3 (Load old/load new)

Im not sure what exactly i do or what order i do it.

No tutorials specifically on Event Flags/Constants on YT and the main tutorial thread for PHKex is not very clear.

thanks

2 hours ago, PokemonGBAhax said:

@theSLAYER Hi bud. i finally got around to trying to get this Spiritomb with PHKex but having a bit of trouble with step 3 (Load old/load new)

Im not sure what exactly i do or what order i do it.

No tutorials specifically on Event Flags/Constants on YT and the main tutorial thread for PHKex is not very clear.

thanks

I get a feeling you didn't take notice of the edit I added a while back:

image.png

You could just use this ^

4 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I get a feeling you didn't take notice of the edit I added a while back:

image.png

You could just use this ^

Ohhhhh so they are 2 different tools? Sorry i looked back at what you said like 5 times. But id also looked the main guide on it on here which kinda misled me as it didnt go into enough detail amd the load old/new kinda threw me.

So i just have to change to 32 and save?

I have to admit PKHex is absolutely awesome! Kudos to those who made it! 

The fact i can pretty much create my own pokemon is great. Although i dont know how to make them shiny and using the database seems limited as to shinies.

1 hour ago, PokemonGBAhax said:

Ohhhhh so they are 2 different tools? Sorry i looked back at what you said like 5 times. But id also looked the main guide on it on here which kinda misled me as it didnt go into enough detail amd the load old/new kinda threw me.

So i just have to change to 32 and save?

I have to admit PKHex is absolutely awesome! Kudos to those who made it! 

The fact i can pretty much create my own pokemon is great. Although i dont know how to make them shiny and using the database seems limited as to shinies.

I drew a red squiggly line in front of 2 options. Change the values and dropdown result of the those 2.