Illegal moves using PKHex

Amazee

Let me just quantify this post by saying I don't plan to do anything competitively or do any online matches or anything else and I only plan on using PKHex to play the game and not interact with anybody in real life over Wi-Fi or get into any tourneys. I just want to play the game.

Here is my question: I don't want to make any Pokemon HM slaves so I came up with the idea to teach a Pokemon an HM through PKHex and then delete the HM once again through PKHex and bring back the previous move. My question is can I play through the game if I give a Pokemon an illegal move? Or do I have to use PKHax instead?

16 minutes ago, Amazee said:

My question is can I play through the game if I give a Pokemon an illegal move?

To expand on this question further the games themselves do not check for illegal moves since Pokémon can be brought from past games where they could learn a move that they can’t learn anymore or it’s an event Pokémon with a special move. To have an in game hack check would not be practical and is reserved for checking Pokémon being used in online play or online trading, but the server carries out those checks.

I only ask because I saw some people who may have accidentally given Pokemon invalid moves have a dialogue box that comes up and I thought that the box wouldn't let you do it and reverted the changes after you clicked on it. A box basically like this and once you press "OK", your changes are reverted. You can still save the move even if it is an invalid move?

https://projectpokemon.org/home/uploads/monthly_2019_05/image.png.27f037bbdece2999655757641b20b9c6.png

Screenshot from Ghoulplays found on Google.

Edited by Amazee

28 minutes ago, Amazee said:

I only ask because I saw some people who may have accidentally given Pokemon invalid moves have a dialogue box that comes up and I thought that the box wouldn't let you do it and reverted the changes after you clicked on it. A box basically like this and once you press "OK", your changes are reverted. You can still save the move even if it is an invalid move?

https://projectpokemon.org/home/uploads/monthly_2019_05/image.png.27f037bbdece2999655757641b20b9c6.png 42.11 kB · 0 downloads

Screenshot from Ghoulplays found on Google.

That’s the the legality error box informing you what changes you need to make the Pokémon legal. You don’t even have to see that box unless you click on the error icon to see the issue. So to address your concern, no the box will not auto legal Pokémon since that isn’t a built function of PKHeX and probably will never be a built function.