PkHex marks legality errors with an Ash Greninja

Lunos

I have to test out something quickly in USUM about Battle Bond's behavior, but my savefile doesn't have an Ash Greninja.

I went to Tools -> Data -> Mystery Gift Database, filtered by Species (Greninja) and Viewed the data of the 3rd Greninja shown to me by PkHex.

The thing is, PkHex marks it as an illegal Pokémon. What should I do?

legality_errors.png

37 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Sun/Moon Demo rewards were only receivable on Sun/Moon, not US/UM.

It seems to be transferable to USUM though.

As I understand it, you can transfer it from the SM Demo to the full release and from there to USUM.

Can PkHex not make adjustments to make things fit? Or alternatively, how can I do it myself?

It's just a minor nitpick of course, but I don't really like the legality warnings, so if I could have a fixed-for-USUM Battle Bond Greninja and export it to my folder to make use of it whenever.

49 minutes ago, Lunos said:

It seems to be transferable to USUM though.

The wonder card format is the same between SMUSUM games. You can illegally drag the wonder card into USUM, but there's no legitimate way to obtain one from the demo. (and the mon can also be traded inbetween)

49 minutes ago, Lunos said:

Can PkHex not make adjustments to make things fit? Or alternatively, how can I do it myself?

Some people try to redeem gifts in illegal games, then make the adjustments themselves.
Or maybe they're fine with illegal received game.

PKHeX cannot predict what the user wants. So it just warns them that it is incorrect. It is up to the user to follow it or ignore it.
If you want it correct, either import it into the correct game, or correct it yourself.

45 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

If you want it correct, either import it into the correct game, or correct it yourself.

I am more than willing to. I just don't really know what steps to take in order to address some of those legality errors, like for example the one about the "Unable to match to a Mystery Gift in the database" one.

No matter, I'll look into it later. Thanks and sorry for having bothered you guys.

4 minutes ago, Lunos said:

I am more than willing to. I just don't really know what steps to take in order to address some of those legality errors, like for example the one about the "Unable to match to a Mystery Gift in the database" one.

No matter, I'll look into it later. Thanks and sorry for having bothered you guys.

well, usually you just need to research what gift can be received by what game :3

No worries 😛