Jump to content

Saves and Micro SD


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, I'm trying to understand how to import the save file from Nintendo Switch to Micro SD, in order to edit it on the PC, but the Switch does not support the copy to SD function, how did you solve this problem? Thanks in advance for the help guys

Link to post
Share on other sites

Save files are always stored in the internal memory of your Switch. In order to extract them you have to install CFW on your Nintendo Switch and use tools like Checkpoint.

You can install CFW only on first generation console, following the guide linked by @SkyLink98 .

Do this at your own risk.

Edited by AlamosIT
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whitelion said:

Thanks a lot guys, I recently bought the switch, so it is not first generation, I think it has the latest firmware update, can I still install a CFW and copy the saves?

Check if your Switch is patched. Can only install CFW if it isn't patched.

https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

 

Personal Opinion:
If you bought your Switch (not Switch Lite) recently, check if it's a HAC-001-(01) [Model number, at the bottom back of the unit].image.png

Only older models of HAC-001 can install CFW.

Chances are, I would think you have a patched model: either newer version of HAC-001, or HAC-001-(01).
Running your serial code into the website would give you a better clue.
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Check if your Switch is patched. Can only install CFW if it isn't patched.

https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

 

Personal Opinion:
If you bought your Switch (not Switch Lite) recently, check if it's a HAC-001-(01) [Model number, at the bottom back of the unit].image.png

Only older models of HAC-001 can install CFW.

Chances are, I would think you have a patched model: either newer version of HAC-001, or HAC-001-(01).
Running your serial code into the website would give you a better clue.
 

I checked now, unfortunately the code on my switch is HAC-001- (01). Couldn't I downgrade the firmware to make it hackable? I bought it just to use the pkhex, unfortunately I don't like the other games ...

I'm learning the basics of the console hack right now, I'm not an expert at all so sorry if I'll write some nonsense and thanks for all the corrections you will make to my mistakes.
Could I use Atmosphere,Homebrew,Hekate and Checkpoint to locate and extract the save pokemon sword and then reinstall it after modifying it with pkhex?
Thanks anyway for the advice

Edited by Whitelion
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Whitelion said:

Couldn't I downgrade the firmware to make it hackable?

This may come off as a bit demeaning, but it has to be said. I can't do anything if one were to misunderstand my tone.
Do you really think it's that simple? You're saying it as tho no-one else has thought of it. Hint: you're not the first :P

The popular version of CFW installation that works on ANY firmware (on unpatched Switches) is possible due to a hardware vulnerability.
So a firmware downgrade (hint: software downgrade) will not work, since it's the hardware vulnerability that was patched.
(And besides that, even if that were the case, one can't downgrade the firmware anyway. There probably are exceptions, but chances are it won't apply to you. There's no need to discuss that, since you can't even get CFW.)

maybe one day a software vuln for patched Switches will be found, but until then...

23 minutes ago, Whitelion said:

Could I use Atmosphere,Homebrew,Hekate and Checkpoint to locate and extract the save pokemon sword and then reinstall it after modifying it with pkhex?

You can't even install CFW, so you can't use any of those things you mentioned.

And also, before you suggest "why can't I find the save in my SD card then use that etc etc",
game saves are console encrypted, so finding them in your SD card won't help you. Without CFW, you probably won't be able to dump decrypted saves, nor dump the keys to perform the decryption on your PC (which at that point, might as well dump the saves, that's easier).
PKHeX deals with console decrypted saves. If I recall correctly, console encrypting saves only became a thing after the 3DS did it.

In any case, without unpatched Switch, no CFW. There was a hardmod that worked for patched Switches, but that's from SX OS, and they've been arrested, so good luck getting the necessary software updates from them. (and that's assuming you can install solder said chip onto your Switch, and the chip isn't faulty).

A software vuln may come, but if you want Pokemon hacking now, you gotta wait.
(Unless all you want is mons, then use a sysbot)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Whitelion said:

I checked now, unfortunately the code on my switch is HAC-001- (01). Couldn't I downgrade the firmware to make it hackable? I bought it just to use the pkhex, unfortunately I don't like the other games ...

I'm learning the basics of the console hack right now, I'm not an expert at all so sorry if I'll write some nonsense and thanks for all the corrections you will make to my mistakes.
Could I use Atmosphere,Homebrew,Hekate and Checkpoint to locate and extract the save pokemon sword and then reinstall it after modifying it with pkhex?
Thanks anyway for the advice

As @theSLAYER said, the vulnerability used in non-patched Switch is an hardware vulnerability, that Nintendo corrected on patched, Mariko and Lite units.

Main Atmosphere developer is working to bring Atmosphere CFW on Mariko Switch, but it will need likewise an hardmod. Probably Mariko will never have a softmod.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

This may come off as a bit demeaning, but it has to be said. I can't do anything if one were to misunderstand my tone.
Do you really think it's that simple? You're saying it as tho no-one else has thought of it. Hint: you're not the first :P

The popular version of CFW installation that works on ANY firmware (on unpatched Switches) is possible due to a hardware vulnerability.
So a firmware downgrade (hint: software downgrade) will not work, since it's the hardware vulnerability that was patched.
(And besides that, even if that were the case, one can't downgrade the firmware anyway. There probably are exceptions, but chances are it won't apply to you. There's no need to discuss that, since you can't even get CFW.)

maybe one day a software vuln for patched Switches will be found, but until then...

You can't even install CFW, so you can't use any of those things you mentioned.

And also, before you suggest "why can't I find the save in my SD card then use that etc etc",
game saves are console encrypted, so finding them in your SD card won't help you. Without CFW, you probably won't be able to dump decrypted saves, nor dump the keys to perform the decryption on your PC (which at that point, might as well dump the saves, that's easier).
PKHeX deals with console decrypted saves. If I recall correctly, console encrypting saves only became a thing after the 3DS did it.

In any case, without unpatched Switch, no CFW. There was a hardmod that worked for patched Switches, but that's from SX OS, and they've been arrested, so good luck getting the necessary software updates from them. (and that's assuming you can install solder said chip onto your Switch, and the chip isn't faulty).

A software vuln may come, but if you want Pokemon hacking now, you gotta wait.
(Unless all you want is mons, then use a sysbot)

Thanks a lot for your answer, is very clear. Please what you mean when you speak of mons and sysbot? Exuse me but i am at beginning in this.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Whitelion said:

Thanks a lot for your answer, is very clear. Please what you mean when you speak of mons and sysbot? Exuse me but i am at beginning in this.

 

Sysbot is a bot (connected to CFW Switches) that can trade you a mon, in Gen 8.
Basically, you can upload a mon to the discord channel that has sysbot, then it'll being you a trade code, and when you connect, it'll trade you the mon.
(You're effectively using someone elses CFW Switch to inject a mon, then trade it to you)

Here is a list of them:
https://disboard.org/servers/tag/sysbot

Sysbot can be really easy to use. Send the command in the Discord chat, upload the PK8, and the Sysbot will trade it to your game via Locked trade. :3

Reminder: We are not affiliated to these servers.
For best results, generate a legal PK8, then get the sysbot to trade it to you.
Do know that new events (at the time of you trying), may not be tradable to you.
Do not ask us about the issues on said servers. As said, we are not affiliated to them.
Happy trading! :3

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Sysbot è un bot (collegato a CFW Switch) che può scambiare un mon, nella Gen 8.
Fondamentalmente, puoi caricare un mon sul canale discord che ha sysbot, quindi sarà te un codice commerciale e quando ti connetti , ti scambierà il mon.
(Stai effettivamente utilizzando qualcun altro CFW Switch per iniettare un mon, quindi scambiarlo con te)

Eccone un elenco:
https://disboard.org/servers/tag/sysbot

Sysbot può essere davvero facile da usare. Invia il comando nella chat di Discord, carica il PK8 e il Sysbot lo scambierà con il tuo gioco tramite lo scambio bloccato. : 3

Promemoria: non siamo affiliati a questi server.
Per ottenere i migliori risultati, genera un PK8 legale, quindi chiedi al sysbot di scambiarlo con te.
Sappi che nuovi eventi (al momento del tuo tentativo) potrebbero non essere scambiabili per te.
Non chiederci informazioni sui problemi su detti server. Come detto, non siamo affiliati a loro.
Buon trading! : 3

Thank you very much for the suggestion, please can I ask you if there are topics on the forum to learn the basics on how to use both sysbots and basic mods like Atmosphere, Hakete etc ...?
Thanks again for your kindness

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...