Need help with Pokemon SoulSilver

So I have a question and I am hoping that you guys can help me answer it. I have been playing Pokemon SoulSilver through my Nintendo Ds lite through the R4i ROM. I just went out and bought the physical copy of Pokemon SoulSilver and want to transfer my data from my R4i SD card save to the actual games cartridge. Is there any possible way for me to do that? I have been trying to read through forums and look on here, and I can figure out anything. I don't know how to physically get the save from my SD card to my game Cartridge. So I'm hoping someone on here can help me figure out how I can manage that or do that.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

If you have a GBA slot 2 flash card, there's a NDS homebrew you can use to transfer the save:

https://github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/nds-savegame-manager

Alternatively, if you have a 3DS with CFW, you can use TWL save tool to inject into your NDS cart.

We have some tutorials here:
https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/managing-nds-saves/

Dang that's a major bummer. Cause I really want to put my .sav file from my SD card from my R4i onto my actual game now... But I literally just got my Nintendo DS lite and flashcart... But other than that... I don't have anything. Like I have a my computer and such, and I was wondering if there was a way I could connect both my SD card and my Nintendo DS lite to my computer via USB, and somehow transfer it that way. :/

Can also be done using a PC dongle (if those are still being sold). Basically, I don't think a Slot 1 flash cart (like R4i) is enough to transfer a save to a Slot 1 retail cart.

You'll need something else to hold both the save and commands for you, and it appears the NDS cannot do that (or it hasn't been done).

Supposedly there's a way to transfer a save file wirelessly from a PC to NDS, but I don't have the details regarding that.
(I may have used it back in gen 4, but have forgotten since then)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/injecting-sav-into-retail-cartridge.258477/#post-3177822

Hmm interesting. So basically in order for me to get my game information transferred over, the easiest way would be just to get ahold of a 3ds... Cause my friend owns a shop and has a bunch of 3DS's laying around he'd let me borrow one... I just need to make sure that'd be the easiest way.

2 minutes ago, ShinyRayquaza said:

Hmm interesting. So basically in order for me to get my game information transferred over, the easiest way would be just to get ahold of a 3ds... Cause my friend owns a shop and has a bunch of 3DS's laying around he'd let me borrow one... I just need to make sure that'd be the easiest way.

3DS with CFW, then have TWLsavetool on it.

Read:
Capture5.PNG

Got it. I'll just bring it home with me, and download CFW on it, and do it that way. Otherwise I'll just say screw it and start over on my own actually game Cartridge.

Say while I'm on the subject. IF I wanted to use PokeHEX to modify my Pokémon to be Shiny Sprites and what not... Can that be done somehow? And I'm talking about from the actual game... not the R4i card. Like if I started a new game on SoulSilver, could I than actually modify that sav file so that I could give myself Shiny Pokémon etc...??? Or do I need something special for that as well?

Thanks-

1 hour ago, ShinyRayquaza said:

Got it. I'll just bring it home with me, and download CFW on it, and do it that way. Otherwise I'll just say screw it and start over on my own actually game Cartridge.

Say while I'm on the subject. IF I wanted to use PokeHEX to modify my Pokémon to be Shiny Sprites and what not... Can that be done somehow? And I'm talking about from the actual game... not the R4i card. Like if I started a new game on SoulSilver, could I than actually modify that sav file so that I could give myself Shiny Pokémon etc...??? Or do I need something special for that as well?

Thanks-

You need a way to dump the save from the cart and then write it back to it every time you want to make edits, of course. If it's just individual Pokémon, you can edit it in your flashcard save and then trade it, but that requires two consoles. If you want to use those Pokémon in later games and/or online, you should make sure to keep them legal (lots of tutorials here regarding that). 

As for the main topic:

There's a Wi-Fi Backup tool. I've never used it before, but it should work. It requires a DS Phat or Lite and a Slot-1 card only. If yours is a DSi, then you need to install CFW.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-backup-tool-wifi.252623/

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 9:14 AM, Shady Guy Jose said:

You need a way to dump the save from the cart and then write it back to it every time you want to make edits, of course. If it's just individual Pokémon, you can edit it in your flashcard save and then trade it, but that requires two consoles. If you want to use those Pokémon in later games and/or online, you should make sure to keep them legal (lots of tutorials here regarding that). 

As for the main topic:

There's a Wi-Fi Backup tool. I've never used it before, but it should work. It requires a DS Phat or Lite and a Slot-1 card only. If yours is a DSi, then you need to install CFW.

On 10/3/2020 at 9:14 AM, Shady Guy Jose said:

As for the main topic:

So there is a way for me to transfer my Shiny Pokémon and the game save file over to the actual cartridge via Wi-Fi somehow you're telling me? I have a Ds lite.

54 minutes ago, ShinyRayquaza said:

So there is a way for me to transfer my Shiny Pokémon and the game save file over to the actual cartridge via Wi-Fi somehow you're telling me? I have a Ds lite.

As I said a few posts ago,

On 10/3/2020 at 9:40 PM, theSLAYER said:

Supposedly there's a way to transfer a save file wirelessly from a PC to NDS, but I don't have the details regarding that.
(I may have used it back in gen 4, but have forgotten since then)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/injecting-sav-into-retail-cartridge.258477/#post-3177822

We don't have a tutorial, try searching for it.
May not work on every game tho.

I literally linked you to a tutorial and download links on my previous post. The NDS Backup Tool Wi-Fi allows you to extract the save from your actual DS game card, edit it however you see fit, and then write it back to the card. You can also simply write the save from your flashcard playthrough.