SH/SW How to change SID, TID, OT without losing square shiny Pokémon

How to change SID, TID, OT-Name, OT-Gender WITHOUT losing square shiny Pokémon.

If I change the .OT_Name, .OT_Gender, .TrainerID7, TrainerSID7, with the Batch-Editor the square shiny Pokémon will change into non-shiny Pokémon, how to avoid that? 

Thanks and it's a fantastic project! ❤️

3 minutes ago, Weltenfeind666 said:

How to change SID, TID, OT-Name, OT-Gender WITHOUT losing square shiny Pokémon.

If I change the .OT_Name, .OT_Gender, .TrainerID7, TrainerSID7, with the Batch-Editor the square shiny Pokémon will change into non-shiny Pokémon, how to avoid that? 

Thanks and it's a fantastic project! ❤️

In Gen 8.

Use .PID=$shiny0

It'll make them all Square Shiny.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Weltenfeind666 said:

is it possible to change the SID and TID without losing/change shiny status and that I don't have to use .PID=$shiny again?

Easy: ensure the TID SID combo you change to has the same TSV to the ESV. That would maintain shininess.

If you want to maintain the same xor, make sure what you change to also produces the same xor.

43 minutes ago, Weltenfeind666 said:

hm I have the same values but after I change the SID and TID with batch editor (with the same in the trainer info) the shinies change to normal

Shininess is derived from PID, TID, and SID. If you change one of the 3, it may no longer be shiny depending on how the calculation xor changes.

As theSLAYER already told you, you can change things so that the TID and SID keep it shiny, but the TID and SID have to have the same xor as the previous shiny TID / SID.

I suggest that you educate yourself on what determines shininess so that you can make the edits you want.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality_value#Shininess