Shadow Monitor in XD messed up

EBGengar1

So, I've been using PkHex while doing a really casual play through of Pokemon XD, and I noticed when checking the shadow monitor some of the shadow Pokemon aren't the right species. For example, it says I've snagged a Shadow Blaziken instead of Zangoose. It's kind of hard to explain, so I included my save for reference. I don't know if it's because of me editing the EVs (but not IVs/Nature), me giving myself items, or what else, but I'd like to see if this can be fixed. Thank you for your help. 

01-GXXE-PokemonXD_07.gci

Edited by EBGengar1

I've had this issue before. It seems to be because PkHeX tries to update the shadow monitor whenever an update is made to a Shadow Pokemon that is tied to one of the Shadow Monitor slots (e.g. changing PID), but it often updates it improperly and causes major problems.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, english09 said:

I've had this issue before. It seems to be because PkHeX tries to update the shadow monitor whenever an update is made to a Shadow Pokemon that is tied to one of the Shadow Monitor slots (e.g. changing PID), but it often updates it improperly and causes major problems.

I haven't changed the PID of any of my Pokemon, but maybe I did something else. Either way, I'll probably just restart and do a new playthrough without PKHex (I mostly just wanted to avoid grinding at Mt. Battle). Do you think editing items in might do something to the shadow monitor?

On 3/6/2020 at 5:30 PM, EBGengar1 said:

I haven't changed the PID of any of my Pokemon, but maybe I did something else. Either way, I'll probably just restart and do a new playthrough without PKHex (I mostly just wanted to avoid grinding at Mt. Battle). Do you think editing items in might do something to the shadow monitor?

Editing items for Colosseum/XD with PkHeX could still mess up the Shadow Monitor, as PkHeX doesn't seem to handle the Shadow Monitor well at all.

If you want to edit while minimizing the risk of the Shadow Monitor messing up, I'd recommend the editing program PkmGCSaveEditor. It's a save editor for Colosseum/XD which seems to leave the Shadow Monitor unchanged/un-corrupted when you make other edits.

12 hours ago, english09 said:

Editing items for Colosseum/XD with PkHeX could still mess up the Shadow Monitor, as PkHeX doesn't seem to handle the Shadow Monitor well at all.

If you want to edit while minimizing the risk of the Shadow Monitor messing up, I'd recommend the editing program PkmGCSaveEditor. It's a save editor for Colosseum/XD which seems to leave the Shadow Monitor unchanged/un-corrupted when you make other edits.

Oh no, like I said, I'm just not going to use PKHex (or any save editor) with XD anymore, I was just curious from like a technical standpoint, like what data PKHex edits that causes the issue, like is it just Pokemon edits or if inventory edits caused anything. Thank you for the answers!