Tier Preferrance

Scwib

This forum doesn't need many other threads then proposing changes. However, if you want to discuss any aspects of the tiers, then feel free to do so.

Which tier do you prefer to battle in?

UU or OU?

I personally prefer UU, just because I feel there is more of a challenge, many more variations within a team, and fewer "cheap" Pokemon than we all like to complain about within OU.

In UU, you have fewer Pokemon that you need to designate a counter towards, which is obviously not the case in OU (Blissey, Scizor, Salamence, etc.).

Your turn! :D

Hmm i use to prefer OU, but it's getting boring seeing Scizor in nearly every battle. I'm beginning to prefer UU because of the variation, and it's something different, and more fun.

Though right now I'm not following tiers, except I'm not gonna use any uber. I'm gonna have a combination of OU, BL, and UU. Because if i go strictly UU I'm unable to use my favorite Pokemon (Jolteon) which can OHKO Togekiss 80%. xD

It depends really. OU has its own strategies and all with all its overpowered Pokemon, where most of them, in fact, are 4x weak to something (stares at Tyranitar, Gyarados, Salamence, Heatran, Scizor, Swampert, Gliscor, Celebi, Dragonite, Forretress, Magnezone, Heracross, etc...) so everyone does have a counter... but yeah, seeing the same Pokemon over and over again can turn one off (I'm talking about a certain crimson flash seeing the most usage, a twin sister of a certain blue dragon, along with some volcanic rock that came out of the... volcano, a dryad that can travel in time, and a certain aura Pokemon which everyone fanboys about... this 5 Pokemon combo is very popular now and I see the same teams over and over in Smogon's Shoddy).

UU is fun and all... until stuff like Yanmega and even the insanely overpowered Alakazam recently joined in... and that evil Moltres just OHKOs everything in sight (some Pokemon shouldn't belong in UU and Heracross and Cresselia were THIS close in falling into UU this month) >.< But even then, UU is a different metagame and it has its own fun, such as all the grassers, meaning Sunny Day teams are actually viable due to no Tyranitar or Hippowdon or Abomasnow, and Pokemon like Gastrodon are just too cool to be left unused. So there you have it. I play more OU because everyone else only wants to play OU, but sometimes I bring a team of UU into OU and they seem to work quite well (some UUs are VASTLY underestimated).

Of course, there is also Ubers... and Ubers is actually fun (albeit unbalanced). Make one mistake, and say goodbye to your whole team. And yep, stuff like Shedinja and even Seaking actually work in Ubers... much better than in their original tiers or OU.