Bug? Invalid: Invalid Met Location, expected Transporter

Gurra

Transferred pokemon from originating Platinum to Diamond via in-game wireless to White 2 via in game poke transfer to Black via in game wireless, loaded black save file in PokeSav 20180417, loaded pokemon from party box. Getting Red triangle with "Invalid: Invalid Met Location, expected Transporter"

The met location field has "(None)" in it and "Transporter" isn't listed as an option.

Pokemon info in the White 2 and Black games is just "Sinnoh, Apparently arrived at Lv. 3."

Bug or caused by generation transfers?

Edited by Gurra

The location string you're looking for is Poké Transfer, the tool used in BW/B2W2 to migrate Pokémon from DPPt/HGSS.
Poké Transporter is used to migrate from BW/B2W2 into XY/ORAS/SM/USUM.

Perhaps the legality check string could be updated to say Poké Transfer instead of Transporter, @Kaphotics? The list of translations for Poké Transfer is in GameInfo.cs, so multiple strings for all supported languages can quickly be changed.

Edit: for whatever reason, Portuguese is Japanese.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think Kaphotics might be on to something with the GUI sometimes having trouble loading files. The save file appears to sometimes load correctly and then the met location is correctly listed as Poke Transfer. Could this issue be affecting sav files as well as pkm files?

When I went to export and upload the offending pokemon as PKM, I discovered the above, as well as the fact that if the PKM is saved with (None) then (None) remains persistent.

Edited by Gurra

1 hour ago, Gurra said:

I think Kaphotics might be on to something with the GUI sometimes having trouble loading files. The save file appears to sometimes load correctly and then the met location is correctly listed as Poke Transfer. Could this issue be affecting sav files as well as pkm files?

When I went to export and upload the offending pokemon as PKM, I discovered the above, as well as the fact that if the PKM is saved with (None) then (None) remains persistent.

I think the issue for the PKM files only applies when you export it when it was glitched up and said "None".
If you view the PKM in the save subsequently (not from a PKM import, but natively on the save),
it will update to show the correct location. Only then, you can dump the PKM file.