Platina SAV files corrupted

Myume

Hello,

I have been using PokeSav for sometime to make my life more convinient like in breeding and such to check IV stats and so on. However, now as I live in Japan I wanted to be a part of the Shaymin event since I missed the one we had here.

But for some reason, no matter what changes I do to my Platina file, the DS keeps saying the save file is corrupt. I know to use the Platina version for Platina save files but still this happen?

What can I be doing wrong.. or "better" ?

Thank you in advance!

Hello There. (cool you live in Japan I'd love to go there)

Well I assume your using a Flash Cart. If so what type? and are you using the (J) Pokesav Platinum?

(You should, you wont regret it!)

I'm using an R4 for my Platina game since I'm a Pearl player, I have a bought copy in Japanese. It's an english version, I cannot recall whether it's US or EUR but I managed to kick the corrupted file error's ass. However, I'm still having trouble with my sav file remembering my saves.. if I do it the save as way and create a whole new file it sometimes decides to go with my new changes but mostly it doesnt and a lot of the times I get questionmarks in all of the fields.. it's frustrating..

Well when I edit my Platinum save files, there's a really high chance that the 'save file is corrupt' message will appear, but at the actual game the changes I made is visible.

So you're playing Platinum in a flashcart or something?

Well I realized that. But now I just have the problem that the file is working fine because none of my changes have applied.

Edit: And yes, since I wanted to run english Platina I'm using an up-to-date R4card. I have bought the japanese one which I've played the whole thing.

Try saving 2 times before editting the save file. If it still doesn't apply the changes after that, save it 1 time, then edit again. If that still doesn't work then I don't know what will D:

I'm referring to the 256KB issue. It was discovered that the Platinum save files are split into 2 256KB files, and that only one of them is the 'real' one, which is used in the normal process of loading. I don't know if it affects flashcarts since AFAIK flashcart .savs of the Platinum are 512KB already... but just a hunch. Sorry if I'm not of any help though :\

Try saving 2 times before editting the save file. If it still doesn't apply the changes after that, save it 1 time, then edit again. If that still doesn't work then I don't know what will D:

I'm referring to the 256KB issue. It was discovered that the Platinum save files are split into 2 256KB files, and that only one of them is the 'real' one, which is used in the normal process of loading. I don't know if it affects flashcarts since AFAIK flashcart .savs of the Platinum are 512KB already... but just a hunch. Sorry if I'm not of any help though :\

That does make a lot of sense, and I have out of probably pure superstition been saving twice as if the first save didn't wipe it out completely. What seems to be helping somewhat now though is that I always save a completely new file with a new filename and then change it into the correct save name so that it works in game play instead of just overwriting with a new save.

Good thing I don't do this often because it's been driving me absolutely insane.

I'm gonna try saving a few extra times like you suggested!