Is there any way to play Pokémon on other DS without losing features?

Swadloon

I don't know if I'm posting it on the right section. Fact is: my Nintendo DS Lite is not working so well, so I'd like to play my Pokémon games (those from Gen 4 and 5) using my New N3DS. As you may know, Pokémon games have some kind of anticheating protection which makes you lose a lot of features if you change the time of your DS, which prevents you to change your clocks, what includes changing DS.

I'd like to know if there's any way to manipulate game data so it doesn't "realize" that I started to use a different clock, so I can use other DS (or even the same old DS Lite, but with its time changed, since I'd have changed it to fix it.).

Hm... I know some games do have that "anti-cheating" clock thing, but I don't remember that happening in Gen 4. I deliberately changed the date and time in HGSS in order to get all leaders' phone numbers for rematches at once, and IIRC nothing happened.

As for Gen 5, I don't really know. Never checked it. But it's not like there are that many clock-based events on both of these gens. It's not like there's some legendary you can catch only at a certan hour of the day, or day of the week. If anything, it may temporarily affect the berries growing in Gen 4.

Edited by Ruby Genseki

@Swadloon I think any time related feature is Locked out for a period of 24-48 hours. 

So after that period you'll have access to it again. you could just wait it out.

I'm assuming the game captured the raw RTC and the displayed RTC of the device into the save file (SO when one changes and the other doesn't, it knows that time has been changed), but I don't know if this has been documented or in any editor at this point.

Really? Simple like that? I could swear that I would lose features like growing berries, seasons or visitors/stores on Join Avenue. I thought it was the kind of stuff that could only be fixed and recovered by starting a new game and rebuilding my stuff from the beginning.

Thank you. I reckon it would be safe using both systems to transfer pokémon between games without having my saves messed up.

Edited by Swadloon