Encounter Type PID mismatch

Mr.Terax

You can use Pokegen to calculate a valid PID for your pokemon IV, Shiny, Nature and gender data. Probably a valid PID for the exact combination wont be possible, not every PID-IV combination is possible in gen3/4. Yo do not need to load the saves or the pokemon in Pokegen, Pokegen have a PID-IV calculator that will find a valid PID after selecting your wanted IV, Nature and other data, the PID can be copy from Pokegen and paste into PkHex.

I recommend you to calculate a valid PID for your IV, Nature and gender with Pokegen and then put this PID value in PkHex. If Pokegen can not calculate a valid PID with the exact values look with similar IVs.

Yes, forget about shiny. Find first a valid non-shiny PID. After that press control-click in the shiny button of PkHex and the program will make the pokemon shiny changing the SID value, this will allow the pokemon to be legal because there is a legal relation between PID and IV but not between SID and other data (except Gamecube starters)

Is better like that because as i said not every combination of data is legal, including shiny for a giving TID/SID reduces drastically the legal values possible for the PID. But for any legal non-shiny PID is always possible to change the SID to make the pokemon shiny. Except Gamecube starters and pokemon with fixed values for TID/SID (non egg events, in game trades)

6 minutes ago, javier_himura said:

You can use Pokegen to calculate a valid PID for your pokemon IV, Shiny, Nature and gender data. Probably a valid PID for the exact combination wont be possible, not every PID-IV combination is possible in gen3/4. Yo do not need to load the saves or the pokemon in Pokegen, Pokegen have a PID-IV calculator that will find a valid PID after selecting your wanted IV, Nature and other data, the PID can be copy from Pokegen and paste into PkHex.

I recommend you to calculate a valid PID for your IV, Nature and gender with Pokegen and then put this PID value in PkHex. If Pokegen can not calculate a valid PID with the exact values look with similar IVs.

Yes, forget about shiny. Find first a valid non-shiny PID. After that press control-click in the shiny button of PkHex and the program will make the pokemon shiny changing the SID value, this will allow the pokemon to be legal because there is a legal relation between PID and IV but not between SID and other data (except Gamecube starters)

Is better like that because as i said not every combination of data is legal, including shiny for a giving TID/SID reduces drastically the legal values possible for the PID. But for any legal non-shiny PID is always possible to change the SID to make the pokemon shiny. Except Gamecube starters and pokemon with fixed values for TID/SID (non egg events, in game trades)

This is technically not correct.  You will notice that if you generate a PID with pokegen for generation 3, there is a high likelihood for wild encounters that PKHex will flag it as invalid because the algorithm is much more complex than just PID/IV.  You have to take into consideration the % chance of battle encounter, the wild encounter table entry, choosing a level, choosing a nature, abilities that change rates/syncs, and then the PID/IV.  Additionally, it is highly likely that an event pokemon will be illegal too, even though PKHex flags it as correct.  This has to do with the relationship between PID/IV and OTG which varies from event to event.  The algorithms are NOT published directly and therefore generating/validating them will be difficult without lots of research.

2 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

This is technically not correct.  You will notice that if you generate a PID with pokegen for generation 3, there is a high likelihood for wild encounters that PKHex will flag it as invalid.  Additionally, it is highly likely that an event pokemon will be illegal too, even though PKHex flags it as correct.  This has to do with the relationship between PID/IV and OTG.  The algorithms are NOT published directly and therefore generating/validating them will be difficult without research.

I thought the Pokegen calculator for wild encounter was correct. And i maybe it was very clear in my post but i do not say Pokegen is valid to create a PID for an event pokemon, i was talking mostly about static and wild gen3/4 pokemon with ABCD PID-IV relation. Pokegen have a caltulator for ABCD PID-IV, if  ABCD PID is calulate in Pokegen for a wild encounter where PkHex check legal with ABCD relation, it should be legal.