A few minor bugs I have encountered

Sonic Blader

Hello!

I have been using PKHeX to generate pokemon for others on Reddit. Its really great to use! I have encountered a few minor bugs with the program.

1) When there is a pokemon set of one pokemon and I change the species to some other pokemon, the level randomly changes from 100 to a random number. (Most of the time it changes to 92 or 97). It's a bit annoying when genning multiple pokemon with many common characteristics (like level, ball, item, nature, etc.)

2) Tutor moves from OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire are being treated as invalid moves in Gen7 instead of being considered Bank moves.

3) I opened a save of my Pokemon Moon in PKHeX and the box has these weird red slots. (Check the attached photo). If I set a pokemon in that slot, the red box vanished. If I reopened the savefile (without saving any changes), the red boxes remained in their spots. If required, I can provide that savefile.

Bug.png

1 hour ago, Sonic Blader said:

1) When there is a pokemon set of one pokemon and I change the species to some other pokemon, the level randomly changes from 100 to a random number. (Most of the time it changes to 92 or 97). It's a bit annoying when genning multiple pokemon with many common characteristics (like level, ball, item, nature, etc.)

It happens because different Pokemon have different experience yield
(some level up easier with lesser experience),
so what's happening is basically PKHeX retained the experience yield, and changed the level.

Level isn't actually stored on a .pkm in the save: it's stored as experience, and the game interprets it accordingly.

2) Tutor moves from OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire are being treated as invalid moves in Gen7 instead of being considered Bank moves.

Working as intended, because it's impossible for those moves to be passed over right now, as explained here
(not entirely the same scenario, but relevant since ORAS tutor moves not available in SM):

3) I opened a save of my Pokemon Moon in PKHeX and the box has these weird red slots. (Check the attached photo). If I set a pokemon in that slot, the red box vanished. If I reopened the savefile (without saving any changes), the red boxes remained in their spots. If required, I can provide that savefile.

That typically happens when the save may be partially corrupted, or if something is wrong with the sanity of those slots.
(which is why deleting or setting something to that slot fixes it,
and why reopening doesn't make a different, since those slots remained corrupted.)

I believe this is working as intended as well,
but we'll need @Kaphotics' input to be 100% sure.

In the mean time, do upload the save for him to diagnose the problem.

Sorry I forgot about this thread. Thank you for your answers theSLAYER! About the savefile, I will PM it directly to Kaphotics as I have some legit pokemon that I would rather not have released into the public.

PKHeX just had an unhandled exception error. I was importing a smogon set and I got the error.

Plusle (M) @
IVs: 31x31x31x31x31x30
EVs: 252 SpA /  4 SpD /  25 2Spe
Ability: Plus
Level: 100
Shiny: Yes
Nature
- Lucky Chant
- Sing
- Wish
- Sweet Kiss

Exception Details:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at PKHeX.Core.ShowdownSet..ctor(String input)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main.clickShowdownImportPKM(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

PKHeX, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
D:\Program Files\PKHeX\PKHeX.exe

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
D:\Program Files\PKHeX\PKHeX.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Deployment\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Deployment.dll

System.Numerics, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Numerics\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Numerics.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running PKHeX, but please report this error.

Edited by Sonic Blader
Spoilers