New To This Have Question :/

Guest Solgaleo Lunala

It would be the same. I mentioned CN and OoT because they're the most well-known (especially CN, which is standalone and was thought to be completely unblockable), but they're all entry points leading to the same thing. They can make changes that at least temporarily block the exploits from working regardless of which entry point you use.

Guest Solgaleo Lunala
It would be the same. I mentioned CN and OoT because they're the most well-known (especially CN, which is standalone and was thought to be completely unblockable), but they're all entry points leading to the same thing. They can make changes that at least temporarily block the exploits from working regardless of which entry point you use.

So then this hard mod thing is honestly my only option ? Or to wait until the hackers find a way around the already patched ones ? Or make new exploits?

If all you want is to backup save file, you can wait and see what smealum comes up with to bypass PASLR and all that stuff. Otherwise if they were able to make a special version of JKSM that used Pokémon Bank to access OR/AS save files, it may be possible to do that in the future but that might require waiting for Bank to support Sun/Moon, not sure.

There are a couple entry points for homebrew that work on 11.2

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

Any of those that work up to 11.2 should be good. I really don't know about freakyhax but if you can get a physical copy of that, it might be good. Otherwise OoT3D with Powersaves is worth it even just for the game itself.

If you wanted to actually downgrade, though, then yes, hardmod is the only option right now (or you can replace your 3DS entirely.)

Is Yakaratools in an emunand considered a cfw or a homebrew?

I did the thing months ago and I don't think it's a cfw but when the time comes I'd like to be able to export my current save and import it into a legal cartridge that i'll purchase, is that doable with that setup?

Is Yakaratools in an emunand considered a cfw or a homebrew?

I did the thing months ago and I don't think it's a cfw but when the time comes I'd like to be able to export my current save and import it into a legal cartridge that i'll purchase, is that doable with that setup?

I haven't heard of Yakaratools, but if you can use emuNAND, you can use CFW. I recommend updating to Luma, or even Arm9LoaderHax and Luma.

You can either wait an unknown amount of time until new exploits are found, or pay someone to hardmod your 3DS.

There's also the DSIWare option (he can't do this himself but people also offer that service) ... There is a new thread on /r/3dshacks with people posting services/requests for different geo's. Might be the OP's best bet.

Completely unrelated but don't want to clutter up forum with new thread - Have noticed two minor bugs on PKHex 791:

1. Non-Alolan form Meowth caught in Sun/Moon is legal when it shouldn't be

2. I'm only up to second island / haven't received Cosmog, but 'Received Gift Cosmog' is ticked when I import my save into PKHex and look at Event Flags

Other than that every thing seems to be working fine - great work!

Guest Solgaleo Lunala
If all you want is to backup save file, you can wait and see what smealum comes up with to bypass PASLR and all that stuff. Otherwise if they were able to make a special version of JKSM that used Pokémon Bank to access OR/AS save files, it may be possible to do that in the future but that might require waiting for Bank to support Sun/Moon, not sure.

There are a couple entry points for homebrew that work on 11.2

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

Any of those that work up to 11.2 should be good. I really don't know about freakyhax but if you can get a physical copy of that, it might be good. Otherwise OoT3D with Powersaves is worth it even just for the game itself.

If you wanted to actually downgrade, though, then yes, hardmod is the only option right now (or you can replace your 3DS entirely.)

I just want to be able to get shines and some extra money in sun and moon and some powerful pokemon for my own entertainment. Im not really into the competitive stuff. Does all that require back up saves and stuff ? Also what is luma?

Guest Solgaleo Lunala
There's also the DSIWare option (he can't do this himself but people also offer that service) ... There is a new thread on /r/3dshacks with people posting services/requests for different geo's. Might be the OP's best bet.

Completely unrelated but don't want to clutter up forum with new thread - Have noticed two minor bugs on PKHex 791:

1. Non-Alolan form Meowth caught in Sun/Moon is legal when it shouldn't be

2. I'm only up to second island / haven't received Cosmog, but 'Received Gift Cosmog' is ticked when I import my save into PKHex and look at Event Flags

Other than that every thing seems to be working fine - great work!

Dsi ware option?

Yeah to do any sort of editing with PKHex I think you will need custom firmware (CFW) - Luma is a type of CFW ... BUT there is a very small chance that when the game is released in two days it won't have PASLR, which means you would only need basic homebrew (Ocarina of Time hax as previously mentioned), though I think this is very unlikely.

DSIWare is another method for downgrading and installing Luma CFW that doesn't involve soldering (Hard mod) - this method requires a second console that already has CFW though - you won't be able to do it your self, but you might me able to find someone in your region who can do it for you for a fee at that reddit link I posted.

Your other options are

A) Trying to buy a new console that is < 11.0 (ie the Australian / EU Mario Kart 7 2DS that comes with 10.6)

B) Waiting for Smealum's PASLR solution (No one knows when this will be available)

C) Waiting for Nintendo to Update PokeBank with Sun / Moon support in January (Though lots can change between now and then)

IMO the cheapest and least stressful option is paying someone who knows what they are doing to either Hardmod or DSIWare downgrade your existing console and install Luma for you ... that Reddit link's probably a good place to start, or the GBATemp list that Evan posted before. There used to always be ad's in the local paper for this sort of thing too, but not sure whether that's still a thing (think it's illegal to advertise/perform this kind of service in EU).

EDIT: The above is all still relevant if you want to get into homebrew/CFW/PKHex ... but just looking at what you want to do (more money, shinies etc) the cheapest and easiest option is probably just buying a Action Replay Powersaves and using their codes. You'll be limited by the codes they have on offer but this will only cost you like $25 AUD / 15 EUR / whatever

Guest Giften89

Hi Everyone :) I have a question...I used the Pkhex for gen 7.... The program run! All Right...but if i set the POKEDEX check (for example rattata o raticate)..He don't save! I lost many many pokemon who pokedex reached in the game :( (more of 70)....Help me thank you :)

Guest Solgaleo Lunala
Yeah to do any sort of editing with PKHex I think you will need custom firmware (CFW) - Luma is a type of CFW ... BUT there is a very small chance that when the game is released in two days it won't have PASLR, which means you would only need basic homebrew (Ocarina of Time hax as previously mentioned), though I think this is very unlikely.

DSIWare is another method for downgrading and installing Luma CFW that doesn't involve soldering (Hard mod) - this method requires a second console that already has CFW though - you won't be able to do it your self, but you might me able to find someone in your region who can do it for you for a fee at that reddit link I posted.

Your other options are

A) Trying to buy a new console that is < 11.0 (ie the Australian / EU Mario Kart 7 2DS that comes with 10.6)

B) Waiting for Smealum's PASLR solution (No one knows when this will be available)

C) Waiting for Nintendo to Update PokeBank with Sun / Moon support in January (Though lots can change between now and then)

IMO the cheapest and least stressful option is paying someone who knows what they are doing to either Hardmod or DSIWare downgrade your existing console and install Luma for you ... that Reddit link's probably a good place to start, or the GBATemp list that Evan posted before. There used to always be ad's in the local paper for this sort of thing too, but not sure whether that's still a thing (think it's illegal to advertise/perform this kind of service in EU).

EDIT: The above is all still relevant if you want to get into homebrew/CFW/PKHex ... but just looking at what you want to do (more money, shinies etc) the cheapest and easiest option is probably just buying a Action Replay Powersaves and using their codes. You'll be limited by the codes they have on offer but this will only cost you like $25 AUD / 15 EUR / whatever

I'm in USA. O: does that make a difference?

Guest SDSTRAN

Your other options are

You say the game itself has PASLR? I have 2 3ds systems. One is my "clean" 11.2 version. One is my homebrew - menuhax 11.0 version. I strictly play pokemon and strictly use the homebrew for PKHeX. I play online with my clean 11.2 3ds. Will I be able to use PKHEX on Sun/Moon with my homebrew 11.0 version, but play on my 11.2 clean 3ds?

Guest Solgaleo Lunala

Your other options are

i cant find any recent action replays :/ all are from way back or for games like X and Y or Omega Ruby and alpha Sapphire .. the only one that actuallyl says 2016 and will work with sun and moon says it doesnt ship to the US :(

Are CFWs (Luma particularly) supposed to be disabling this PASLR thing entirely?

What's the deal with PASLR and how is it supposed to affect extracting and injecting save files into games?

(Google is 100% useless when it comes to figuring out anything about that.)

Well that's weird, because I'm reading that supposedly it was supposed to break with OR/AS on 11.1, but I'm pretty sure I was on 11.1 and svdt worked just fine to backup/restore OR/AS.

Then I updated to 11.2 to install ACNL update from eShop and now it doesn't work anymore. So I'm confused as to whether it was supposed to work or not on 11.1

Couldn't use svdt on Omega Ruby then, getting stuck on the yellow screen every time I tried.

Then I updated to Luma 6.6 and I accidentally opened Omega Ruby with svdt without thinking (meant to open something else), except it just... worked. No yellow screen.

But the weird thing is that I went back to Luma 6.3.1 for testing purposes (which was the version I was on at the time of that post), and it was working. So I don't think it's something new to newer versions of Luma.

But then why did it not work at all yesterday, but somehow randomly started working again today? :S

If CFWs are meant to be disabling PASLR entirely then I guess I can get rid of SDF :P but then I'm really confused as to -why- it wasn't working yesterday.

I'm in USA. O: does that make a difference?

Yes - it means you have more options than most! There will be people offering downgrades in like every major city and a used DS <= 10.7 shouldn't be too hard to find. Re: Action Replay Powersaves - none of the the existing auctions or whatever will mention Sun and Moon because it's not out ... but Datel are very quick to create new codes for games when they are released. Just get one that says ORAS.

You say the game itself has PASLR? I have 2 3ds systems. One is my "clean" 11.2 version. One is my homebrew - menuhax 11.0 version. I strictly play pokemon and strictly use the homebrew for PKHeX. I play online with my clean 11.2 3ds. Will I be able to use PKHEX on Sun/Moon with my homebrew 11.0 version, but play on my 11.2 clean 3ds?

I think so? Can you target ORAS directly with JKSM or you have to target bank? If you can target ORAS directly you should be fine ... unless there is a firmware minimum for Sun/Moon that forces you to update to 11.2 / black screens on lower firms ... even then though, JKSM could possibly still rip/import the save (because you're not actually launching the game)

Are CFWs (Luma particularly) supposed to be disabling this PASLR thing entirely?

Couldn't use svdt on Omega Ruby then, getting stuck on the yellow screen every time I tried.

Then I updated to Luma 6.6 and I accidentally opened Omega Ruby with svdt without thinking (meant to open something else), except it just... worked. No yellow screen.

But the weird thing is that I went back to Luma 6.3.1 for testing purposes (which was the version I was on at the time of that post), and it was working. So I don't think it's something new to newer versions of Luma.

But then why did it not work at all yesterday, but somehow randomly started working again today? :S

If CFWs are meant to be disabling PASLR entirely then I guess I can get rid of SDF :P but then I'm really confused as to -why- it wasn't working yesterday.

Yeah Luma kills it. It's awesome. Not sure what version this was implemented though.

I think so? Can you target ORAS directly with JKSM or you have to target bank? If you can target ORAS directly you should be fine ... unless there is a firmware minimum for Sun/Moon that forces you to update to 11.2 / black screens on lower firms ... even then though, JKSM could possibly still rip/import the save (because you're not actually launching the game)

You're launching the game, technically. Selecting OR/AS in a HBL app runs that particular app and takes over the process, afaik.

Think the Pokémon Bank workaround works because Pokémon Bank doesn't have the memory randomization, but it does have all the necessary permissions required to access X/Y/OR/AS save files.

Also I read that Sun/Moon require 11.0 minimum but I can't confirm that. Not sure what that would mean, though.

Yeah Luma kills it. It's awesome. Not sure what version this was implemented though.

Yeah but then I have no idea why mine got stuck on the yellow screen yesterday. Oh well.

I mean I guess sometimes the payload just fails and hangs on a yellow screen no matter what you do, but what are the odds of it happening twice in a row when it usually rarely happened to me? :P

Guest SDSTRAN
You're launching the game, technically. Selecting OR/AS in a HBL app runs that particular app and takes over the process, afaik.

Think the Pokémon Bank workaround works because Pokémon Bank doesn't have the memory randomization, but it does have all the necessary permissions required to access X/Y/OR/AS save files.

If I am technically launching the game, is it your opinion I won't be able to use my 11.0 homebrew 3ds to edit my cart of sun/moon? I have never used PokeBank as a work around. I was under the impression that the PASLR was a firmware update not something added to games. Could be wrong. Shrug..

If indeed you need 11.0 to play sun/moon I'm good. As my homebrew 3ds is 11.0. But I just use it to export save files to edit.

That's not something I can comment on, unfortunately. I don't have the game nor a non-CFW'd 3DS to test that with. :P

Maybe on 11.0 it won't have memory randomization, or maybe it will. I don't really have a way to tell you that right now, not sure if someone else could.

Or for all I know, the person saying it required 11.0 was mistaken and it actually requires higher.

It probably doesn't really matter, anyway. Games will come out soon and then you'll be able to see if it works or not on 11.0

Guest Solgaleo Lunala
Yes - it means you have more options than most! There will be people offering downgrades in like every major city and a used DS <= 10.7 shouldn't be too hard to find. Re: Action Replay Powersaves - none of the the existing auctions or whatever will mention Sun and Moon because it's not out ... but Datel are very quick to create new codes for games when they are released. Just get one that says ORAS.

I guess action replay has changed over the years the last one I had was for soul silver and i don't remember the option to get shinies . :/ also I just remember it saying action replay not action replay powersaves

If I am technically launching the game, is it your opinion I won't be able to use my 11.0 homebrew 3ds to edit my cart of sun/moon? I have never used PokeBank as a work around. I was under the impression that the PASLR was a firmware update not something added to games. Could be wrong. Shrug..

If indeed you need 11.0 to play sun/moon I'm good. As my homebrew 3ds is 11.0. But I just use it to export save files to edit.

Someone over a GBATemp has confirmed that anyone who is still sub 11.2 will be able to import/export saves directly with basic homebrew :biggrin:

Means I kind of got a new console/CFW for no reason as already had an 11.1 with HBL but oh well.

On another note ... is anyone else getting a gross gif of two blokes docking when they try to access this forum from the projectpokemon.com home page? :\

I guess action replay has changed over the years the last one I had was for soul silver and i don't remember the option to get shinies . :/ also I just remember it saying action replay not action replay powersaves

Yeah Powersaves is the only way of doing it on 3DS - modifies your save rather than the actual game. Re: Shiny not sure about what codes they have / will have. I'll check my ORAS game for you on Powersaves for you tomorrow.

Guest SDSTRAN
Someone over a GBATemp has confirmed that anyone who is still sub 11.2 will be able to import/export saves directly with basic homebrew :biggrin:

Means I kind of got a new console/CFW for no reason as already had an 11.1 with HBL but oh well.

Can you post a link for the GBATemp thread (if it doesn't break forum rules)? I'm new to this and want to learn more. Thank you for sharing the good news.

Guest Solgaleo Lunala

On another note ... is anyone else getting a gross gif of two blokes docking when they try to access this forum from the projectpokemon.com home page? :\

Yeah Powersaves is the only way of doing it on 3DS - modifies your save rather than the actual game. Re: Shiny not sure about what codes they have / will have. I'll check my ORAS game for you on Powersaves for you tomorrow.

Oh ok thanks but are there powersaves for sun and moon too or is it too early ? The only one I Have seen says its from the UK or something :/