New 4th generation save files are incompatible?

Elie

Old Diamond and Pearl saves were exported using FBI and TWLSaveTool, then deleted on the cartridges to make a new one.

I think it might have to do with progress, as the old files at least had one badge (D with 2, P completed), while the new ones had just gotten starters.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but if someone could tell me what is wrong that would be great.

Edited by Elie

Old Diamond and Pearl saves were exported using FBI and TWLSaveTool, then deleted on the cartridges to make a new one.

I think it might have to do with progress, as the old files at least had one badge (D with 2, P completed), while the new ones had just gotten starters.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but if someone could tell me what is wrong that would be great.

New save files are largely uninitialized -- PKHeX can't recognize them because of that.

PKHeX can only recognize save files that have been saved at least twice (ideally with the system being powered down between saves, though we're unsure if that's necessary).

PKHeX can only recognize save files that have been saved at least twice (ideally with the system being powered down between saves, though we're unsure if that's necessary).

This worked (powered down, didn't try without). Thank you.