Legendary Beast Glitch?

Champloo

• 2 weeks later...
Someone mentioned if there were other bugs we would have noticed but I think I am the only person who mentioned the major glitch of being able to clone in Emerald?(I made a thread for it.)

Emerald's cloning glitch is well-documented, and incredibly useful IMO. Despite the obvious useability improvements Emerald made over R/S (more readable text, better PC functions, etc.), the cloning is another reason I tend to choose Emerald when going back to Hoenn. Most Pokemon I Pal Park make their way through Emerald at some point, to be cloned.

• 3 months later...
Thus the only way to get a decent Legendary Beast is through xD.

Or until HG/SS comes out.

The beasts are found in Colosseum, not xD.

I found it interesting reading what exactly causes this glitch, as I've known about it for years, but never knew what caused it.

Then with FireRed and LeafGreen's Raikou and Entei there's also the glitch where if they succeed in using Roar on you and ending the battle, they disappear from your game!

• 2 weeks later...
The beasts are found in Colosseum, not xD.

I found it interesting reading what exactly causes this glitch, as I've known about it for years, but never knew what caused it.

Then with FireRed and LeafGreen's Raikou and Entei there's also the glitch where if they succeed in using Roar on you and ending the battle, they disappear from your game!

That bug I believe is because the returning value for ending the battle is "fainted" instead of "escaped". In most cases it doesn't matter, but when its a roamer, you lose them forever.

• 1 month later...
I heard of it, but there are some weird glitches in the pokemon games. So it could be true. But I am not sure.

Try reading the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I'm digging up an old topic and sorry if this is against the rules but I just made an account to this site for the soul purpose to express my frustration with this glitch. My first time through fire red i chose blastoise and therefore was able to catch a raikou... got all excited and checked his iv's they were:

25 - hp

3 - att

0 - def

0 - sp. att

0 - sp. def

0 - speed

of course i was pissed off and couldn't believe my incredibly bad luck. Therefore knowing that i could choose which dog i was able to capture and my favorite being suicune, i restarted the game over again this time picking charizard. Beat everything spent around 100 hours of play time and finally my opportunity arose to catch suicune. I had already used my master ball so he was a pain in the ass and for some reason he could run under ANY circumstances no matter what i did. (paralyzing, sleep, no flinch from fakeout, i even tried using a wobbuffet's shadow tag and no luck!!!) so eventually i did a hail mary and threw 1 ultra ball at him and to my delight i caught him with the first one!!! then i checked his IV's:

18 - hp

7 - att

0 - def

0 - sp. att

0 - sp. def

0 - speed

And there's your proof folks, the glitch is real and AWFUL, in fact i do warrant the use of "something" to modify this tragedy. please try to tell me its wrong to "fix" something that cost me 100+ hours of play....

Edited by cucucachoo
fixed some rushed typing

And there's your proof folks, the glitch is real and AWFUL, in fact i do warrant the use of "something" to modify this tragedy. please try to tell me its wrong to "fix" something that cost me 100+ hours of play....

Yeah, it's annoying. In addition to my permanent FireRed, I bought a used LeafGreen cartridge at a local game store and plalyed through it twice in order to catch the other legendary beasts. So a lot of time spent on catching what are, for the most part, quite useless Pokemon for anything beyond merely collecting dust in their PC Box. You could use an AR to modify their IVs, I suppose, but upon doing that they'd no longer be legit (since due to this glitch, it's impossible to catch such beasts within the game itself). The only way to get legit legendary beasts with better IVs is to get them from the story mode of Pokemon: Colosseum.

On one hand, I was pretty annoyed with their stats... but on the other hand, I do like having all three beasts caught at a Kanto location; I doubt a ton of people played 3 times through in order to get each one.