Pokemon XG : NeXt Gen (Pokemon XD : Gale of Darkness hack)

StarsMmd

we can't change the color of pokemon skins? when yes we can change the skin of a shadow mewtu.

I really don't know. It might be something I can figure out myself but will probably require someone with the knowledge to be interested.

Not sure if this constitutes spoiler warnings but with all the pokemon being changed, when it comes time to purify Shadow lugia, will the type variety be enough to fill all the chambers in the purification chamber?

Not sure if this constitutes spoiler warnings but with all the pokemon being changed, when it comes time to purify Shadow lugia, will the type variety be enough to fill all the chambers in the purification chamber?

literally just purified shadow lugia 5 minutes ago while testing xD. Yeah there's a lot of type diversity so plenty of options. I had all max sets well before I reached lugia.

literally just purified shadow lugia 5 minutes ago while testing xD. Yeah there's a lot of type diversity so plenty of options. I had all max sets well before I reached lugia.

That sounds great! Sounds like we'll get a download link very very soon ;)

yup just a few minor things to tweak but it's all worked even better than expected so far!

Do you have a donation link? I feel like you should have a donation link. For all the work you've put into this. Also I wouldn't feel right getting this mod that you've worked on so much for free.

Do you have a donation link? I feel like you should have a donation link. For all the work you've put into this. Also I wouldn't feel right getting this mod that you've worked on so much for free.

Hahahaha that's really thoughtful of you. I've never really considered it. I do what I do because I enjoy it and it's awesome to share it with others who share my enthusiasm ?

One last question, if I may. You said bonsly was going to be fully usable right? Does that also include evolution? Or is it just too hardcoded for Bonsly not to evolve to Sudowoodo?

Yes bonsly can evolve into sudowoodo ?

With this coming out soon, and the Sun and Moon info we just, it's feeling pretty good to be a pokemon fan right now

I was thinking the same thing! I only just saw the new info a few minutes ago myself because I was busy with my final uni project of the year but I'm completely done for the year now. If all goes to plan i believe XG should be ready to go up later today. It's starting at version 0.9 mostly because battle bingo and battle sims have been temporarily removed completely from the game and not everything has been tested but it'll be much easier to find any potential bugs with people actually playing the game. I've fixed everything I've found so far in 2 play throughs so it should be pretty stable already. I got bored of renaming all the trainers (it's a lot more work than you would think) so about half still have weird orre names ?

I wanna see if it's a noticable difference. They had really dumb names so I wanna see how bad they are in contrast to regular old names

Oh it's really bad xD. Apparently they were trying to make orre feel more foreign and exotic but it's just annoying.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/2/2015 at 8:36 AM, StarsMmd said:

The world's first Pokemon xD: Gale of Darkness hack!

Screenshots

These are screenshots from dolphin. The art will be updated in a later version.

Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 21.04.01.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 21.40.08.png

Main Features

- Physical/Special Split

- Gen VI type matchup chart including fairy type

- New set of shadow pokemon and other obtainable pokemon

- Moves and abilities from later generations

- More challenging opponents

- Bonsly is finally playable!

Future Features

Reveal hidden contents

-Redone battle CDs

Reveal hidden contents

They will come in a later update but may not make sense for now

-Redone Battle bingo

Reveal hidden contents

Again, they are currently broken but will be fixed later

-New music

Reveal hidden contents

Nobody knows how to do this yet. I may have found a lead but it will take a lot of reverse engineering.

I've found a program that can convert the xD music to other formats. Will attempt to reverse the process

in a few months time when all other work is done.

-New Pokemon

Reveal hidden contents

Nobody understand the model and animation formats yet so may be some years away

Discussion

Reveal hidden contents

A big issue I found with xD was that some of the shadow pokemon that are obtained later are obtained too late to be used in your team.

I have put some thought into the availability of pokemon but it will be impossible to please everybody as our individual preferences will differ.

The purification rate of the shadow pokemon will have a shallower curve so the ones obtained later shouldn't be as hard to integrate into your team. Coupled with the steeper level curve it will be easy to add them to your team.

Also, colosseum and xD had shadow pokemon in them which were hard to obtain in the gen III games and were nice for completing the pokedex.

However, most of them were really useless pokemon. I aimed to add all the most popular and powerful pokemon. I will upload the full list of obtainable pokemon shortly.

Sorry if your favourite pokemon didn't make it but I'll be releasing hack tools in the coming months which you can use to tweak the hack to your liking :)

Download Page

The thread where the download links and updates will be.

Pokemon XG release page

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 12.36.43.png

583dd05abd79d_ScreenShot2015-08-05at21_0

583dd05ae3a4c_ScreenShot2015-08-05at21_4

583dd05b165eb_ScreenShot2015-09-02at12_3

THIS IS SO GREAT THANK YOU. I love your work, and I literally made an account just to thank you!

Is the code you used to make this open source?

Or is the game patch itself open source? 

I'd love a resource I could use to read through how you made this so that I could contribute and learn more about gamecube hacking. 

Thanks again either way. Cheers! 

On 3 August 2016 at 3:07 PM, Justice-chaos said:

Hey, I seem to be having a problem patching this game. I am using NUPS as stated but when I try to patch it, it says " error opening file (where I put the file)/pokemon xD. Iso. Think you can help?

That error usually means that the ISO you're using is different to the one I used. They have to be identical. I used the first one I could find on google. Make sure it's the NTSC (US) version and that it hasn't been scrubbed or anything. 

On 20 December 2016 at 7:58 PM, smashking said:

THIS IS SO GREAT THANK YOU. I love your work, and I literally made an account just to thank you!

Is the code you used to make this open source?

Or is the game patch itself open source? 

I'd love a resource I could use to read through how you made this so that I could contribute and learn more about gamecube hacking. 

Thanks again either way. Cheers! 

Thank you for the support! There are some tutorials on these forums on how to begin hacking Colo/XD. They're all hex editing but would recommend taking a look if you've done this kind of stuff before. I also have the programs I wrote to automate all of this stuff available but it's all written in the swift programming langauge which isn't too commonly used but I can hook you up if you'd like to give it a look. :)

26 minutes ago, smashking said:

I'm a python/C guy but any links you can provide would be fantastic. Thanks! 

This is the main code I use for hacking: https://github.com/PekanMmd/Pokemon-XD-GoD-Tool

There's a lot of code there so good luck! Swift is pretty straight forward though so hopefully you can get an idea of how it all works.