Pokedex 2.0 creation

pokemonfan

Ok, so you know how project pokemon has their own wiki. Well do you also know that on the main Page of Project Pokemon there is a link to a pokedex yet there is nothing there yet. Well I'm not sure how in the whole scheme of things where that falls on the to do list but I know it is important to me. So the faster the people of PP have the information needed the better for the faster it can be released. So I was thinking that us as members should band together to create a pokedex worthy of recognition in the archives of worthy pokedexes. Yet it would be the best a Pokedex 2.0. So that means an entry on all 493 pokemon and something in detail. So this entry should include:

Level up moves

TM moves

HM moves

Egg moves

What it says in the pokedex entry in game: it is different for all the games so use as many game entries as possible

Stats like:

Egg group

Color

Steps it takes to hatch

exp points to get to 100

Also where we will find this pokemon in the wild

Also, is it seen in anime. maybe include an anime discription.

Plus pictures! Pictures pictures pictures! They spice up the reading and make it more enjoyable

Now remember we want to be original here so don't use other fan sites to find this information example:bulbapedia, serrebi net, pokemon marriland no none of that stuff. You can use it to see what content they have to see if we have more but dont go like this:

tm

tm

tm

tm

tm

Its a list of tms a pokemon can know and you copy and paste it right onto our page. No that is for one:illegal, for two: that gives us a bad reputation. so dont copy them. I'm not sure if you can get images from the web on like a public image site like photo bucket. I'm pretty sure you can but maybe someone could double check for me.

If you do want to join this project PM me and tell me you are going to be working on the ___ page so like the squirtle page. I'd really prefer if this was worked on in the national pokedex order. If you don't have the national pokedex yet you can go here to see the pokemon in national dex order so you can create pages for them here.

Don't worry about the Pokedex for the site. It is coming very soon. I am getting all the data we need directly from the games. But feel free to add pages on each pokemon to the wiki. The Pokedex on the site will be automatically generated but I can't do that for the wiki.

Don't worry about the Pokedex for the site. It is coming very soon. I am getting all the data we need directly from the games. But feel free to add pages on each pokemon to the wiki. The Pokedex on the site will be automatically generated but I can't do that for the wiki.

Ok then so that would officially shut down the project. Do you have a time estimate on when it will be done?

Ok then so that would officially shut down the project. Do you have a time estimate on when it will be done?

Well, something on the level of the most popular sites will take a couple of weeks. Maybe you can give me some advice or let me know your preference (other can too of course).

I can:

1) Put up dex information in stages

This would be adding, name information, descriptions, moves, base data in the next few days. Then adding complete move information and evolution data by next week. Then keep adding info.

2) Get everything done and then put it up all at once.

This would not take longer than a month. Hopefully two weeks or less.

Well, something on the level of the most popular sites will take a couple of weeks. Maybe you can give me some advice or let me know your preference (other can too of course).

I can:

1) Put up dex information in stages

This would be adding, name information, descriptions, moves, base data in the next few days. Then adding complete move information and evolution data by next week. Then keep adding info.

2) Get everything done and then put it up all at once.

This would not take longer than a month. Hopefully two weeks or less.

If you want help on level up moves for pokemon just PM me and include the pokemon with the moves you want to know. I can help, I've visited a lot of fan sites so I know a lot about how the content should look. Plus, since I have the rare candy cheat I can easily figure out all of a pokemon's moves :)

Additionally, in things that I would like to see on the pokedex part it would be all the things that I listed above in my first post.

I also think that if you released the stuff in stages you could get comments and feed back on your work. Plus it would inform people that things really are being worked on.

If you want me to help just PM me! I would love to help just tell me what to do!:D

If you want help on level up moves for pokemon just PM me and include the pokemon with the moves you want to know. I can help, I've visited a lot of fan sites so I know a lot about how the content should look. Plus, since I have the rare candy cheat I can easily figure out all of a pokemon's moves :)

Additionally, in things that I would like to see on the pokedex part it would be all the things that I listed above in my first post.

I also think that if you released the stuff in stages you could get comments and feed back on your work. Plus it would inform people that things really are being worked on.

If you want me to help just PM me! I would love to help just tell me what to do!:D

Like I said, if you can focus on the wiki that will be a great help. The game has all the information that we need and is much more trustworthy than other fan sites. I can get all the moves in two seconds. Trust me, once you see all the info we can get in a few days you will be amazed.

So to recap:

1) Don't worry about getting info for the dex I have all three of the 4th gen games and can get all the data from there.

2) If you can focus on the wiki, that will be awesome.

Like I said, if you can focus on the wiki that will be a great help. The game has all the information that we need and is much more trustworthy than other fan sites. I can get all the moves in two seconds. Trust me, once you see all the info we can get in a few days you will be amazed.

So to recap:

1) Don't worry about getting info for the dex I have all three of the 4th gen games and can get all the data from there.

2) If you can focus on the wiki, that will be awesome.

Alright, so I'll leave you alone about the dex but what exactly should I focus on?

If you want, focus on making Dex Entries for the Wiki. ;)

Yeah but SCV (I'm pretty sure that was the name) said that he really didn't need help on that. Plus if its going to be on the main site what is the point on putting it on wiki?

try adding information about Game mechanics, or the storyline of one of the games.

For story line I'm not so sure but game mechanics I guess I can take a stab at stuff like that. I'll just keep on working on things of that nature. Thanks for the ideas guys!:D