ATTENTION: Web Injection Patched in 9.5.0-23 (March 2nd) System Update

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, excuse me, I am very aware of this 4.6.0-24U Update. And I want to ask this:

Have you geeks not figured out how to undermine the update, by now!? Have you tried changing the QR format to a new encryption, or maybe changing the domain for the QRs? I think Nintendo only patched the exploit on the more popular QR injection domains. So, in theory, a paradigm shift to a more obfuscated format will make the injections work again.

Like I said, just a theory. And if you say that it won't work, then you have not tried my suggestion.

Um, excuse me, I am very aware of this 4.6.0-24U Update. And I want to ask this:

Have you geeks not figured out how to undermine the update, by now!? Have you tried changing the QR format to a new encryption, or maybe changing the domain for the QRs? I think Nintendo only patched the exploit on the more popular QR injection domains. So, in theory, a paradigm shift to a more obfuscated format will make the injections work again.

Like I said, just a theory. And if you say that it won't work, then you have not tried my suggestion.

You really need to rethink your way of asking if you want to get a proper answer. That, and if you'd do some proper research you'd know that is not at all how it all works. Start by looking into what the exploit was actually based on.

a new exploit can.t be worked on yet as 3ds lasted firmware has not be cracked they managed to hack the 3ds but Nintendo have patched it and made lasted firmware unhackble again like it was from the start obliviously power saves does not hack the 3ds all it does is modfily the save file on the game card same thing as the cyber gadget does the web injecton is hacking the 3ds to inject Pokemon into the ram of the game while its running. kind of dumb cyber gadget was only released in japan though and power saves takes longer to gen and making a shiny with it takes off the ivs. As soon as the lasted 3ds verion is cracked they will try to find more exploits or find away around the patch with web injection. In fact i think versions since 9.20 have not been cracked the reason why it worked on systems above that untill 9.5.0-23 is because the exploit was not out then. we will know its cracked on lasted version when the gateway 3ds is compatible with it.

hey just a quick thought. i know the game uses QR codes for secret bases and that you can have one of the breeder hold an egg for you so the question could be asked, since web injection injected 1 pokemon to your pc at a time, couldnt a rewrite of that same code or new to be used from the QR scaner in the secret base , be use to inject a pokemon to the breeder in your base or a base made for injection . if that make any sense lol , just trying to post idea

So, I'm not entirely sure if this could work but, we do know that the Update to the games is saved at the SD card, right? Can't we create a false update to the games and just insert it to the SD? I recall having seen a post somewhere saying what the update contained. Another idea, maybe a bit simplistic in nature, but couldn't we just edit the version number of the firmware in the RAM (I'm not sure if it is stored in the RAM, or if it is checked in the ROM) thus allowing us to use the eShop to download the update?

Just a couple of ideas, I'd love to know more on the subject, so if anyone knows where the update is kept, and where the firmware version number is kept, I'd appreciate it.

hey just a quick thought. i know the game uses QR codes for secret bases and that you can have one of the breeder hold an egg for you so the question could be asked, since web injection injected 1 pokemon to your pc at a time, couldnt a rewrite of that same code or new to be used from the QR scaner in the secret base , be use to inject a pokemon to the breeder in your base or a base made for injection . if that make any sense lol , just trying to post idea

The whole QR for single mon injection is nonsense. There is ram2sav which allows pretty much entire save editing. That said, the whole injecting to breeder is pointless even if it were possible.

So, I'm not entirely sure if this could work but, we do know that the Update to the games is saved at the SD card, right? Can't we create a false update to the games and just insert it to the SD? I recall having seen a post somewhere saying what the update contained. Another idea, maybe a bit simplistic in nature, but couldn't we just edit the version number of the firmware in the RAM (I'm not sure if it is stored in the RAM, or if it is checked in the ROM) thus allowing us to use the eShop to download the update?

Just a couple of ideas, I'd love to know more on the subject, so if anyone knows where the update is kept, and where the firmware version number is kept, I'd appreciate it.

Update data -> encrypted

firmware -> not stored on SD card but on console -> inaccessible

eshop app data -> stored on console -> inaccessible

Hello guys, i updated my nintendo 3ds to version 9.5.0-23 and the exploit no longer works :(

Here's my question, I plan to buy a new nintendo 2ds, it can work here if is not the same version 9.5.0-23 or that I have to consider?

thanks in advance.

No, updates are stored on the SD card and the SD is console specific. Furthermore the 1.03 update blocks the exploit even further.

There is no need to however. Just do all the injections on the 9.5 then take the cartridge out and put it in the 9.6 which has all updates for online play.

Any update?

Update on what? Nintendo is not going to un-fix their systems for us. It could takes a few months or longer for another exploit to be released. It did take years to get to this point after all. Plenty of people have a decent exploit to work with now, so there is no big rush to get another one.

Update on what? Nintendo is not going to un-fix their systems for us. It could takes a few months or longer for another exploit to be released. It did take years to get to this point after all. Plenty of people have a decent exploit to work with now, so there is no big rush to get another one.

Not to mention that from what I've heard the current exploit that still runs on 9.5.0-22 relies on javascript injection. I can honestly not count the amount of times on two hands that my teachers have warned me and my class to always protect our programs against just that. So if it truly is / was (depends on the person which) javascript, that's quite... Stupid... Of Nintendo. In a way.

Welp, looks like there is no hope for me ...

If may i ask, could someone who can still do the pkhex thing give me a shinny entei (extreme speed)? For my UU team. I sorry if i shouldnt doing that here. but if someone could help me my Fc is:2466-1477-9585 IGN: Vick.

Thanks.