Game sync ID Changer

JadeX92

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry for the semi-necro post, but I figured out how to change the ID in both ORAS and X/Y a few weeks ago. The Game Sync ID is located at 0x14008 through 0x1400F in the save. The game sets these bytes to all zeroes before it has one, and then the actual ID afterward, once the Sync ID is created. I have no idea what algorithm it uses to make the ID, but it's easy to change an existing save's ID, by doing the following:

1. Backup the save you want to change the Game Sync ID on, just in case.

2. Start a new game and play until you get the PSS menu unlocked.

3. Generate a Game Sync ID, and save the game.

4. Use SaveDataFiler or SVDT to export your "main" save.

5. Open your main save in a hex editor, copying bytes at 0x14008 through 0x1400F (include the byte at 0x1400F). This is the new Game Sync ID that you'll use in your old save.

6. Open your "old" main save (the one you backed up in step 1) with a hex editor and go to the same location, 0x14008, and overwrite/paste over the bytes there (through 0x1400F) with the ones you copied.

7. Save your edits and then close your hex editor.

8. Open PKHeX and choose the "old" main save you edited. Go to the SAV tab and hit export. This will fix the checksums on the save.

9. Put this newly edited save back onto your SD card and import it using SaveDataFiler or SVDT (make sure to delete the secure value if you use the eShop version or a CIA).

I hope this helps someone. ORAS and XY both use the same offsets for the Game Sync ID, so a tool could easily be written (or integrated into PKHeX, either way) to change IDs.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...