(Black&White) Code, etc for erasing Game sync ID?

gundambot

Hi,

(i'm not sure where to start so please bear with me...)

I thought project pokemon forums would be the best place to ask this...hope this doesn't break any rules..

Game sync ID is a new thing in Gen5, an ID obtained by connecting to WiFi.

It's unique per gamesave and allows you to sync your game with Pokemon Global Link (PGL).

Kind of like friendcodes, except the game sync ID doesn't reset when you change your WiFi profile.

Once obtained, it stays with your gamesave forever, until you erase your save data.

Long story short, I'm looking at uploading and sharing my game save. After purchasing the poke pia magazine and having obtained dream world ability squirtle & bulbasaur in the high link forest. The save would be for everyone's to soft reset, etc.

However, just reminded by a friend that it would be unsafe to do so. Since anyone who has this save data will be able to access my PGL account regardless. I'd be screwed over greatly in most unintended ways....

Thus, what i'm really looking for is some kind of code/hex editing basically any method that would let me erase/reset/scramble/break the game sync ID on my save file, before I upload it.

(tried diff'ing a .sav before and after getting game sync ID...didn't work out..)

Any thoughts / ideas would be appreciated.

I'd think someone here would be able to do it.

Thanks so much.

Yep that is a problem.

Don't post it, there's many leeches that aren't even registered on the boards that will also use your save file. Public domain ftw!

It's best to not even post it even if we find out how to change the game ID of the save, it might be stuffed somewhere else in the save someone else can later discover. Bond and I are both capable of RNGing in the High Link areas, so your best option is to just PM it to whoever you want to RNG it.

RNGing all the good spreads once will give all the benefits of soft resetting, we'd just post the RNG'd pkms.