Save Poke'mon Dreamworld?

Vulkan

Since Poke'mon Dreamworld for BW 1&2 is going away soon, would it be at all possible to copy the code off of the website and use somebody's mad hacker skills to create a version that works offline and runs on your computer? Or maybe make one that utilizes another website? I hope it is, as if you use Google Chrome and push F12 you can see all of the files(I think) and might be able to download them if people hurry. So is it possible?

What you see in F12 is mainly the result of server side code, which cannot be simply downloaded. It would require advanced hacking skills. And enough determination to ignore the law and try to break advanced encryption.

There's no likely way for this to legally happen, so no, this is not possible.

• 1 month later...

I kind of brought up the next best thing in another thread about the dream world.

Basically, if we get the data needed to spoof Game Synch function the way it's already possible to spoof the GTS, the various functions of game synch will be open to a homebrew recreation. This could be a replica that follows the original as closely as possible, or a full-re inventing that plays different, as well as truly custom C-gear and pokedex skins.

I think I may make a more targeted thread for game synch spoofing.

Ripping all the flash files from the site would probably be pretty illegal, But I'm not convinced a non-commercial replica that offers legacy support steps outside of "fair use."

Also, Not so sure I want that close a replica. A lot of the minigames got boring fast.

All I want is the Game Sync protocols or whatever deciphered so that down the road some kind of legacy support for growing berries and obtaining dream world Pokemon exists past December 9th. The end result can be a totally different homebrew game that takes place on Prospit or Derse for White and Black versions respectively For all I care.

All I want is the Game Sync protocols or whatever deciphered so that down the road some kind of legacy support for growing berries and obtaining dream world Pokemon exists past December 9th. The end result can be a totally different homebrew game that takes place on Prospit or Derse for White and Black versions respectively For all I care.

...which I'm pretty sure are somewhat encrypted. All the flash files do, as has been stated, are just show what the server side data is doing. I do not think we have the time, nor the capacity, to truly understand what all is going on inside the server to fully replicate it to the point where people can continue to use it.

I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure we don't need to know what's going on inside the servers, we just need the know enough to trick the game into thinking a personal computer is one of Nintendo's servers, which might be doable with some communication logs between the servers and the game. That might be enough to turn game synch into a item-and-pokemon dispenser the way the GTS can be used to give ourselves custom pokemon.

If we can get that much, a replacement dream world could be created at the leisure of whoever wants to work on it. Just make the game, and have it create a file to give to the spoofing deal.