Question regarding using the SAME save across regions (for same game)

theSLAYER

Background:

Sometimes, for certain reasons (usually experimental, some codes can't be found, or for Pokemon collection purposes),

I'll transfer and rename my saves to work on another region's game, or on paired release.

Scenario 1: Cross Region Loading

Black 1 (JAP), can be loaded on Black 1 (KOR) and Black 1 (USA).

Scenario 2: Cross Pair Loading

Black 1 (JAP), can be loaded on White 1 (JAP)

Scenario 3: Cross Pair and Region Loading

Black 1 (JAP), can be loaded on White 1 (KOR)

Scenario 4: Cross Release Loading (this definitely will not work)

Black 1 (JAP), CANNOT LOAD on BLACK 2 (JAP)

My present problem:

Based on above, I know (and tested) that my Heart Gold and Soul Silver saves are inter-swappable,

Regarding if it's US or JP version.

What I'm facing right now, is that my KOR save on Soul Silver would not load on Heart Gold (US).

I thought it was fairly reasonable, because I knew the for GEN IV all other games did not have Hangul yet, so compatibility would definitely have an issue.

It came to my surprise however, that my Heart Gold (US) save also does not load on the Soul Silver (K),

Which has all international font support on it. (I've imported English pokemon, and they work fine)

So my question is this, are the save structure specifically for GEN IV Korean different?

I am able to save and load on Pokegen, as well as extract and input .pkm,

and I know for certain that my saves aren't corrupted,

So I'm curious about what's the deal here, and what are games reading?

The game's don't even show the "Save corrupted page", it jumps straight into starting a new game.

If any parts of the above are confusing, to point it out and I'll rephrase my words, if necessary.

EDIT: I've put my post in spoiler tags so it can be minimized, as I found it to be lengthy.

Edited by theSLAYER
spoiler tags

Gen IV Korean mon's were (in a sense) from an entirely different game.

Gen V was the start of GameFreak using unicode characters so that all of the regions could interact with eachother. In gen IV, Korean games were region locked away from the rest of the world as they didn't use any sort of unicode character format... thus they couldn't be recognized by the other international versions.

If you try loading gen IV korean PKM's they'll have garbage names because the character tables don't exist in nonkorean games :P

Don't think this is possible until Black/White 1/2 because of the string bit length or something like that.

Hmmm.. I was thinking that the games checked something in the save,

But that would make sense (though I don't entirely get it. >.<

Gen IV Korean mon's were (in a sense) from an entirely different game.

Gen V was the start of GameFreak using unicode characters so that all of the regions could interact with eachother. In gen IV, Korean games were region locked away from the rest of the world as they didn't use any sort of unicode character format... thus they couldn't be recognized by the other international versions.

If you try loading gen IV korean PKM's they'll have garbage names because the character tables don't exist in nonkorean games :P

Well, because I could load my Korean save onto Pokegen to do "Trades", I was guessing along the lines that the compatibility didn't lie in the "font support".

(Yeah, I saw that Pokegen was giving "\number\number\number" as names, thing is I could still proceed with my save in Soul Silver (K))