Pokesav help for Plat?

london

I recently downloaded PokesavPlat (english version). Since I had it for my pearl version, I trusted that it would work. However, my game id is different from the one in the generated xml file.

So I opened it in word and changed the game ID to that of my game. When I went to click l+r, however, my game froze.

I figured the code should be smaller, so I took a few aspects of the edit out. Then I tried again - again changing the game ID so that it would correspond with my version of Plat. My game froze again.

Cut the code in half (gave myself the first three pokemon instead of all six), and again my game froze.

It works for my friend, who has the same version of Pokemon Platinum that I have, so what am I doing wrong?

I got pokesav for platinum, because I had it for pearl. i can't use pokesav pearl for my Plat game.

I don't know -what- I'm having trouble with. My game always freezes on me when I activate the code I generate, no matter how much or little is in the code.

Probably because I didn't really think about what I was saying. ;p Also partly because I still don't trust Pokesav.

Disregard my advice then.

wow .. i've just realize that there is a checksum fixer for platinum savefile =_=

great indeed ..

thx SCV ^^

No, I mean the actual game ID.

When I open the xml file into wordpad, the original code gives me:

<name>PocketMonster Platinum</name>

<gameid>CPUJ bc3ea632</gameid>

But I have to edit it so that the game ID matches the game ID of my game:

<name>Pokemon Platinum</name>

<gameid>CPUE D074D1B3</gameid>

My friend has the same game ID that I do, she uses the same pokesav version that I do, too. In fact, the ar belongs to both of us and we're sharing it yet she says she isn't doing anything differently than I am. The only difference is that my game crashes and her's doesn't.

I have a related question. I downloaded the US PokeSav for Platinum, and it generates codes for the ID "CPUE-D074D1B3". But my game's ID is "CPUE-3811DEF6". I tried changing the game ID in the code list but no codes will work.

Anyone know how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

i cant get my pokesav platinum to work with my copy of platinum, my pearl one works for pearl. i have the uk version of pokemon platinum so i have to change the game code and the only change i can make in game is to my name and trainer ID, i tryed making a team of pokemon but they all came out as bad eggs and the items didnt work at all.

Edited by damio

CPUE-3811DEF6? Sacred Nym, you have the same version as me. That's the AUSTRALIAN POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION. The Australian version has that code which is different to the US code.

Note: Different Region Games have different ID's. But the English Pokesav-generated codes work for all English versions of the game. And the Japanese Pokesav-generated codes work for only the Japanese Version.

Action Replay Pokemon Platinum Game ID's:

US Code:

CPUE-D074D1B3

AUS Code:

CPUE-3811DEF6

JAP Code:

CPUJ-BC3EA632

EUR Code: (I think it's EUR but not 100% sure)

CPUE-3B823103

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

I have a related question. I downloaded the US PokeSav for Platinum, and it generates codes for the ID "CPUE-D074D1B3". But my game's ID is "CPUE-3811DEF6". I tried changing the game ID in the code list but no codes will work.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Your Game ID is the Australian version (like me). However the English Pokesav-generated codes are supposed to work for all English versions of Pokemon Platinum. The US codes work on my game which is also Australian. Some EUR codes also work. The Game ID doesn't affect the codes' performances so you don't need to change it. It's probably the codes' problem. Try re-downloading Pokesav, maybe you only downloaded the first Pokesav Platinum. Because Bugs were found but then fixed. So the Pokesav Platinum you download nowadays has the fixed version.

Like when I first got Pokesav Platinum. The bag codes didn't work. But when I re-downloaded it after the bug notice and new Pokesav Platinum notice, it worked perfectly. I was just testing the codes though. Bag codes aren't really a problem. I don't use them anyway. My friends use them.

The Game ID only tells which game you've put in the ARDS so that you can access its codes in a quicker manner. It doesn't affect the codes at all. Therefore, it's better to change the Game ID back to the one that matches your game.