Pokemon GTS for Android (sort of)

I've seen some posts around here that said they thought that having a gts on their droid would be a cool feature. I already know that if you go onto pokegts.us on your droid, it acts just like a GTS, but it looks terrible on that tiny little phone screen.

I've designed a frontend to use for the site that looks nice, simple, and is easy to use.

I've been testing it out on the site this morning (the site has given me some weird errors), however I've fixed almost everything, and so far it works really well.

Pretty much, you have a nice simple layout of all the selections your usually do on the website, and when you're finished picking your pokemon, there is a big 'submit' button that you press. If your ds is connected to the internet through your droid, or on the same wifi as your droid, then it can get the pokemon your droid has selected.

Would anybody use something like this? It's not finished yet, and the website is still giving me some errors, but since I'm already building it, I'm curious to see if anyone else would have any use for it.

Thanks!

Thanks, I already built most of the app for the droid. So far you can pick any pokemon from PokeGen.us and have it sent to your DS, but cannot edit the stats just yet. I can put that in easily, I just need some more time. Also, none of the events have been coded into it yet.

I would be further in this project, but I also thought having a pokemon editor on the droid would be awesome too, or a pokemon generator, so I started coding that as well, however I ran into a few little problems.

I can't seem to figure out how IVs relate to the Personality value of a pkm. I also can't find an effective way to generate a PID with the correct nature. I know the algorithms to generate the correct gender and ability number into a binary number, but I can't figure out how to generate the correct nature with it. I know the p%25=nature, but I can't find an effective way to generate that, so for right now, the project is at a snag until I can straighten this out.

I haven't done a ton of research on PokeGen, but does anyone know how does it determines the personality value for a pokemon?

Along the lines of sending pokemon to people, I want to make a feature in my apps so you can send or "trade" .pkm files via bluetooth and e-mail them to people also.

Yes, "sharing" the PKM file the way other Android apps do is exactly what I was hoping for. Email seems like the obvious choice, but opening it up to other apps would be cool too.

Here is a link to my code library: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TCUFJIZT - if you can read VB.Net you will hopefully find anything you need in there, at least as far as basic program logic goes for functionality like generating legitimate PIDs. Bear in mind that the relevant part for PIDs and IVs was coded for Gen IV, and I think the relationship between PID and IVs in Gen V is different or perhaps nonexistant.

CodeMonkey, the library was a big help, thank you. It helped me redo my equation for how the app calculates the nature, and I also found x-act's PID article and found out how the IVs work with the PID.

I'm coding these parts into the app right now. Besides this and a checksum equation, everything hard is pretty much taken care of as far as I can tell.

What I'm hoping to do once the PokeGen for the Droid is completed is to be able to share the .pkm to my UI app for PokeGTS.us, so you can create a custom .pkm on your droid, then have it sent to your DS through the GTS. Either that, or just combine them into one app.

Not sure how long this will all take, especially with limited time, but at least the projects are moving forward. Hopefully with everything difficult out of the way, the release of these will go faster.

Well. I'm the owner of that site. Send me a PM, and I can see if I can help you out or open things up a bit.

It makes a lot of assumptions about the inputs, so that might be part of it.

Might be able to give you access to some info dumps you can parse and use in your app.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing what your project winds up doing!

Thanks! I'm also excited to see how this will end up! Haha although I somehow got busy recently. I'm still trying to fit in every extra second I get to work on the app, but that's been limited.

Well. I'm the owner of that site. Send me a PM, and I can see if I can help you out or open things up a bit.

Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely get to you about that. The app first worked by collecting the information wanted then sending it to a .php page that I made. The page took the information, then forwarded it to your page with the "post" method.

More recently, I just found out that the droid can natively use the "post" function so I'm trying to remodel the app around this so as to not have a mess as to where my .php files will be hosted. However being that this is a new function that I've never used before, I have to get use to it and learn more about it before being able to implement it into my app.

Of note, if there's interest, I might make an API that can be used to interact with the site using URL requests...

This may be very helpful, I'll have to PM you about that too.

Thanks for your support guys!

One of my goals will be able to interact with it using GET requests, instead of POSTS.

This is exactly what the .php code I developed for the app does. It takes GET commands from the URL, then forwards it to your site through the POST method. So far this has worked perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...