Pokémon Black and White - Registered Key Item Text Edit

Oxnite

I want to change a Key Item's name, so I changed it in:

a/0/0/2: 54 and 279.

However, when I register the Key Item, it still shows up as its original name. Is there another text file with (key) items that I've overlooked?

Edit:

(...) I found out that the a/0/0/2 narc part I was searching for is a/0/0/2_173. Thanks a lot for your support!

Edited by Oxnite

you have to edit the text that is accessed when you actually use the item.

kind of like when you edit attack names to edit 3 lines in a/0/0/2_203 (Foe used, wild used, player used)

Thank you, however I edited a/0/0/2_53, a/0/0/2_54 and a/0/0/2_279 and changed all the item names I wanted but they still don't show up when I register them in-game.

I checked every file in a/0/0/2.. But I can't find anymore Item names / Item lists.

Do I probably have to search in a/0/0/3?..

EDIT: Man, I literally searched every piece of text.

So my question is: I've edited all item names and such.. But when I register the key item, it still shows up as its original name in the ''blue/black key item box''. Which narc and / or text file contains these texts?

Edited by Oxnite

It might be a script, if thats the case then i think you're screwed because, scripts are rather difficult to edit.

Yeah, but it's text after all.. So I think it HAS to be somewhere available as a text file..

Is maybe have 2 or 3 same data. It effect on bag item/map data, or on event. Like pokemon names,is have 3 same data, ect

is not script. A/0/0/3 is dialog data and not containing name on game (like menus, item, ect)

Well, a/0/0/3 does contain several texts that I never thought would appear there, for example the Repel, Fishing, HM's, etc. text (files 158, 260, 263, 280, 283, etc. for example).

But I'll search in a/0/0/2 again, then.. But I'm almost sure it's not their either.

Damn. ;_;

There should be something in PPTXT that's like File --> Export to Text iirc, there's definitely an option that puts it all in one file
I just select all text and i copy to notepad2 / notepad++ after was paste on that program i search+replace some word, done i copy to PPTXT (replace all text), is done, no need to export to txt (all data) since is just 1 file to translated...

Thank you both! I used to think that there was only one option available in PPTXT that made you dump the file in separate text files.. However, I finally found the option to export the entire content of a/0/0/2 to a single text file.

This way, I found out that the a/0/0/2 narc part I was searching for is a/0/0/2_173. Thanks a lot for your support!

Edited by Oxnite