"Sleeping in Pre-battle" Episode discussion

pokemonfan

Did you like this episode?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like this episode?

• Yes
    • No
    • It was ok

Sleepless in pre-battle (I messed up with the title)

This is one of the most recent pokemon episodes and today's episode. It was aired at 7:00 AM central time.

Synopsis:warning, this could include spoilers if you have not seen the episode

Ash eagerly awaits his battle with the canalave gym leader. The "heroes" walk over to the gym to find that the leader is not there and a scared sleepless person there. He hasn't been able to sleep because of nightmares. The team dismisses this and heads to shop. No one not a soul is there except Jenny. Brock does his usual jenny routine and so does croagunk. Jenny tells about darkrai and explaines the nightmares

Then the group goes and busts team rocket. They show up later in the episode. Then it appears they have an actual darkrai and the team goes to find cresselia. They do find it but it is almost captured by team rocket along with pikachu. However, thanks to swinub who evolves into piloswine and crushes team rocket. They free cresselia and then go off and witness the battle of cresselia vs darkrai.

Pokemon featured:

Pikachu (no duh)

Swinub

Cresselia

Darkrai

Piplup

Croagunk

Meowth (if team rocket is why not him?)

Some other team rocket pokemon I believe were featured as well.

Discuss! Did you like it, did you not like it? What could've been improved? What did you not like about it or what you liked?

I liked the featureing of the legendaries and the evolution of swinub was pretty cool. However, I kind of wished swinub stayed small and cute.

Edited by pokemonfan

Incredibly lame, as I pointed out in the Rotom discussion. For something that's supposed to be big on plot, it hardly featured the Pokemon doing the battling at all.

The Japanese episode translates into "Cresselia vs DArkrai" or something like that. And their "battle" lasted like...what, two minutes?

Also, the animation sucked.

Agreed, but it doesn't hurt to view things positively.

What?

I didn't like the episode. That's it. I didn't declare the anime is dead to me, or wax nostalgic on kanto/orange/johto.

I can't really be positive about it because I thought the episode was bad. That doesn't mean it's a negative thought. It's just my thoughts on that episode.

My standard might be higher because a lot of the "filler" episodes have been real good in D/P, and this one as a big "event" was a huge let down.

What?

I didn't like the episode. That's it. I didn't declare the anime is dead to me, or wax nostalgic on kanto/orange/johto.

I can't really be positive about it because I thought the episode was bad. That doesn't mean it's a negative thought. It's just my thoughts on that episode.

My standard might be higher because a lot of the "filler" episodes have been real good in D/P, and this one as a big "event" was a huge let down.

I got the vibe that my positivity on the episode was annoying you. I didn't mean it that way of course you didn't mean it that way. It was miscommunication because we couldn't hear the tone of the speaker which would've inclined to our exact meanings. I was not trying to offend or annoy you.

I understand that you have a difficult time being positive on the subject since you didn't like the episode.