Games: CoroCoro Scans Reveal Heart Gold and Soul Silver Info!

NewsBot

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of this info was on serebii too. Front page not doubt and I'm pretty sure their images were clearer :( however, I'm glad we had this added to our Heart Gold and Soul silver updates. Plus I believe that the information that serebii put out had a typo and theirs was a whole lot more confusing then ours :)

Serebii is old new now. Here is much better.

Some of this info was on serebii too. Front page not doubt and I'm pretty sure their images were clearer :( however, I'm glad we had this added to our Heart Gold and Soul silver updates. Plus I believe that the information that serebii put out had a typo and theirs was a whole lot more confusing then ours :)

You realize you can click the images to enlarge them... right?

The new game looks wicked. I don't like how they changed the girl character. How come they never keep the original character, or at least keep a similar design.

Btw, the 3d graphics look more improved, it seems, unless I'm being blind.

The updates today have been pretty good lately I feel, nothing ground-breaking such as when we first found out it was confirmed, but the details we get are pleasant.

Against the general opinion I've been reading, I quite like the female design, somewhat female Mario-esque.

Gold does seem to have lost his 'Late 90s' look, and the clothing has simplified but it still looks pretty good.

Out of curiosity, is it definite that the normal-coloured Pichu is confirmed to be a Notch-Eared Pichu? I'm looking at the images and I'm still uncertain.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

How come they never keep the original character, or at least keep a similar design.

Because GF do need to keep up without current trends to attract newcomers, not the addicts that they have already. When you look at Gold from 2000, his clothing was very busy. Whereas now Sugimori has gone for a more simplistic, modern look which suits him better. although I do miss his triangle-shaped fringe.

It probably won't look like the Notch-Eared one... I don't think Nintendo would bother changing the graphics for its ear. But, who knows? It'd be tight if it was.

I'm trying to figure out what locations they're showing... Ilex Forest and some tower. Ecruteak Tower, maybe?

The updates today have been pretty good lately I feel, nothing ground-breaking such as when we first found out it was confirmed, but the details we get are pleasant.

Against the general opinion I've been reading, I quite like the female design, somewhat female Mario-esque.

Gold does seem to have lost his 'Late 90s' look, and the clothing has simplified but it still looks pretty good.

Out of curiosity, is it definite that the normal-coloured Pichu is confirmed to be a Notch-Eared Pichu? I'm looking at the images and I'm still uncertain.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Because GF do need to keep up without current trends to attract newcomers, not the addicts that they have already. When you look at Gold from 2000, his clothing was very busy. Whereas now Sugimori has gone for a more simplistic, modern look which suits him better. although I do miss his triangle-shaped fringe.

There are two pichu and one is referent color. Sprout tower.

It probably won't look like the Notch-Eared one... I don't think Nintendo would bother changing the graphics for its ear. But, who knows? It'd be tight if it was.

I'm trying to figure out what locations they're showing... Ilex Forest and some tower. Ecruteak Tower, maybe?

I think its sprout tower in the original there were roads going south,west and east its the same there the first pic with the girl look at the pic in the corner i think its that place next to sudowodoo and above the ruin place theres a new building there!

I think its sprout tower in the original there were roads going south,west and east its the same there the first pic with the girl look at the pic in the corner i think its that place next to sudowodoo and above the ruin place theres a new building there!

Yeah, and in the picture behind Gold, it looks like there's some Bellsprout statues... but it's pretty faint.

I think that other building is just Prof. Elm's Lab. It's hard to tell since it's slanted so much.

There are two pichu and one is referent color.

I'm aware of the shiny Pichu, which at this time we're assuming is the event one until we get some more translations. I'm asking of the normal-coloured Pichu.

It looks pretty nice, I love the Pokemon following you around. I hope it'll be like Yellow, where if you just sat there, Pikachu would start spinning around and jumping like a spaz. ^^

I don't like the girl, though, her head is so... Poofy. x_X; I guess I'll be playing a guy, I like my heads normal-sized, kthnx. :/

Yeah, and in the picture behind Gold, it looks like there's some Bellsprout statues... but it's pretty faint.

I think that other building is just Prof. Elm's Lab. It's hard to tell since it's slanted so much.

Your right about elms lab now that i look again theres is also the bottom ds screen in that pic just spotted it is it the pokegear?

I hope they didn't remap any dungeons or anything.

They most likely will remap caves, a few gyms, etc. Nintendo'll want us to buy new guide books, not use our old ones. That's how they are, haha.

Your right about elms lab now that i look again theres is also the bottom ds screen in that pic just spotted it is it the pokegear?

Hmm, probably. Since there are 2 screens now, I don't see the purpose of having it as a menu option.

1 thing I've always hated; People playing the gender that they aren't = / The girl character doesn't look bad, at all even.

I agree that Gold's new look seems much better, with the cool clothes.

If they include a DSi exclusive function, I will shun GameFreak.

1 thing I've always hated; People playing the gender that they aren't = / The girl character doesn't look bad, at all even.

I agree that Gold's new look seems much better, with the cool clothes.

If they include a DSi exclusive function, I will shun GameFreak.

It is real stupid for a guy to be a girl and vice versa.dsi exclusive?that whould be a very stupid thing to happen:(

1 thing I've always hated; People playing the gender that they aren't = /
It is real stupid for a guy to be a girl and vice versa.

Out of curiosity, why?

When I first got Crystal, I played as the female, mainly because it was a new concept to me, and it was a change from spending all that time with Gold.

Out of curiosity, why?

When I first got Crystal, I played as the female, mainly because it was a new concept to me, and it was a change from spending all that time with Gold.

But there is no diffrence between them so there is no reason for it.you got sick of looking at gold you mean.:confused: