UU sandstorm

Intorduction

This is for Shoddy Battle

This is my attempt at a sandstorm team that fits into the UU's. It seems to be more of a defensive team that works on taking down the opponant slowly. So, tell me what you think.

(Ok, This team needs a miracle to fix it. -_-)

Team

Pokemon #1

[sprite]449[/sprite]

Hippopotas@leftovers

Sandstreamer

Male

Impish nature (+def -SAtk)

Sandstream

EV's: 252Hp/252Def/6SDef

-Protect

-Earthquake

-Yawn/toxic

-stealth rock

I know what your thinking. "Hippopotas!?" It technically is the only Sandstreamer that is in UU and below. With the sash he can yawn and protect. He can also set up Stealth rock and then switch. He has worked for me. People seem to underestimate my team after seeing him. I'm thinking about changing his EV's and maybe adding EQ to his moveset but I don't think that he can use it well. I might switch him to Hippowdon as this team can still hold their own in OU's

Edit: ok, I added leftovers. I think that I'll add EQ

Pokemon #2

[shinysprite]338[/shinysprite]

Solrock@leichi berry

RP passer

Naughty Nature

Levitate

EV's: 120Hp/252Atk/136Spd

-Rock Polish

-Rock slide

-baton pass

-Subtitute

Edit:Solrock is now a BPasser instead of a screener.

Pokemon#3

[sprite]139[/sprite]

Omastar@lifeorb

Special Sweeper

shell armor

modest

EV's:252Satk/252Spd/4Def

-Surf

-Ice beam

-HP grass

-Ancient Power

Edit: As no one like Lunatone (poor lunatone :( ) I'll take Illithian's other suggestion.

Pokemon #4

[sprite]346[/sprite]

Cradily@leftovers

Sandy wall

female

Bold Nature (+def -atk)

Suction cups

EV's:252Hp/252Def/6Sdef

-Swords dance

-rest

-Sleep talk

-Rock Slide

So far, Cradily is the MVP of my team. She is so broken in the sand. With rest she can shake off status and entry hazards. Toxic adds for her damage output and grass knot is for breaking subs. It has good PP so if it's a stall war I have a good chance of winning. And with suction cups, she can't be roared.

Edit: made her a sleep talker. That might change, I need to test her first.

Pokemon #5

[sprite]430[/sprite]

Honchkrow@lifeorb

male

Insomnia

Adamant nature

EV's:252Atk/252Spd/4Hp

-sucker punch

-drill peck

-Super power

-Pursuit

edit: this will take care of grasses and can do a decent amount of damage w/ sucker punch. If it gets support from Solrock It can doo some major damage.

Pokemon #6

[sprite]237[/sprite]

Hitmontop@leftovers

spinner(maybe)

male

impish nature

intimidate

EV's:252HP/72Def/184Hp

-Rapid Spin

-Close Combat

-Toxic

-Stone edge/sucker punch

Edit: I used this smogon set. He resists Stealth rock and can spin them away. He also has Close sombat to cover steels.

Overall, this team has brought me lot's of success in the OU and UU environments. My biggest fear is a weather changer. They can ruin the Def boost and simply destroy me. As Hippopotas doesn't stay around very long I have only one chance to set up sandstorm and maybe one chance to change it back. Let me know what you think! Thanks. (Remember that I play UU's hippowdon might be the exception IF I change it)

Don't listen to what I said above! It's bad enough that I was swept by a victreebell (props to wraith89). T_T

P.S. Excuse me for any spelling errors.

Edit:after some major changes, this is what I've come up with. Not sure on hitmontop though, I need to test him. @Enkidu I wanted to use claydol but after that Victreebell swept me I think that I need more grass resistence :( To tell you the truth I might need even more.

Wow, three leftovers 0_0, I need to change that

Edited by ParaDoX65

Pokemon like Lanturn, Azumarill, Poliwrath, Mesprit, Mismagius, Hitmonlee, Ludicolo, Slowbro and Torterra can all tear through this team. Grass alone takes out four of your guys with steel handling the rest. I really doubt you've had good luck in the OU environment, as one Scizor can anihalate this team.

Sandstorm teams do not work very well in UU mostly due to the wide variety of available Pokemon and the lack of good sandstorm support. UU Weather teams are extremely hit/miss.

wraith, go look at my post in your thread. Keep playing the way you do and you'll never be a good battler.

It's just the way people play. Some play competitivly and some play for fun. This team was just ment to switch things up a bit as I only see uncreative sets on the same pokemon, and who knows, It might win every know and then. (I was just destroyed by a sweeping victreebell so I think that I might make some changes)

It's just the way people play. Some play competitivly and some play for fun. This team was just ment to switch things up a bit as I only see uncreative sets on the same pokemon, and who knows, It might win every know and then. (I was just destroyed by a sweeping victreebell so I think that I might make some changes)

LOL good game. I'm starting to like my Victreebel. You'll need some more PHYSICAL plant resistants I guess :P

I like it this way for now :-/

It's not like it's permanent or something... and I'm still winning :(

Yeah, you're still winning because you're playing by your rules, not the rules everyone else plays by.

You can't follow the rules you like and dismiss the rules you don't like. People don't play that way.

Yeah, you're still winning because you're playing by your rules, not the rules everyone else plays by.

You can't follow the rules you like and dismiss the rules you don't like. People don't play that way.

Eh, not exactly. I'm playing classic UU... the new UU shoved aside the ones that I used to love and play like Poliwrath and the Nidos away...

LOL good game. I'm starting to like my Victreebel. You'll need some more PHYSICAL plant resistants I guess :P

Yeah, It's to bad. I wanted an almost monotype team. (for that SDef boost) but I might want to get a steel to counter-act this monster. :P any suggestions? I don't think that nuetral resistence will work.

Yeah, It's to bad. I wanted an almost monotype team. (for that SDef boost) but I might want to get a steel to counter-act this monster. :P any suggestions? I don't think that nuetral resistence will work.

My Hail Team isn't mono type either :P

Hmmm... why not try Steelix? He has great defenses and can EXPLODE... and I like the Curse set. Really works well if you know how to play the iron snake... he's the UU Skarmory, I guess...

Ok, I'll stay on topic.

Your team is weak to Lanturn, Azumarill, Poliwrath, Mesprit, Mismagius, Hitmonlee, Ludicolo, Slowbro and Torterra. If you try to play any UU match on Shoddy or against other players you will be out of luck if you choose to ban all of them. Your team is weak to all of them and you need to revamp it greatly in order to counter them. Try using more Pokemon that counter them, such as Shaymin.

You can't ask for people to rate your team if you don't like what they're going to say.

Ok, I'll stay on topic.

Your team is weak to Lanturn, Azumarill, Poliwrath, Mesprit, Mismagius, Hitmonlee, Ludicolo, Slowbro and Torterra. If you try to play any UU match on Shoddy or against other players you will be out of luck if you choose to ban all of them. Your team is weak to all of them and you need to revamp it greatly in order to counter them. Try using more Pokemon that counter them, such as Shaymin.

You can't ask for people to rate your team if you don't like what they're going to say.

I should probably be more open minded as I'm the only person who has critiqued my teams. And when I put it into the Rate MY Team thread I was asking for it. So, Peace? :D *offers peace treaty* What else would you prescribe Dr. Destati, what would help my "sick" team. :P (just for the record I don't ban other poke's. I like the challange :D)

Edited by ParaDoX65

Hey, I have a great idea. Why not try a hybrid Rain/Sandstorm team? Kabutops/Omastar works well with either weather... so let's work on that? :P

Now we'll need a Grass type deterrent, you don't want those Victreebels/Vileplumes messing up your team again, now do you? I'll think of something, just wait :P

SD Cradily is great for Sandstorm teams! I think it's even a 2-3HKO from a CloseCombat Infernape. She is really good and can dish out massive damage after a few SDs. Plus, Toxic thrown at her is useless when you have Rest.

I strongly recommend you fallow this:

Cradily @ Leftovers

Nature: Careful

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD

Moveset:

- Rock Slide

- Toxic / Swords Dance / Earthquake

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

It's called "Rest Talk" set from Smogon. It works great for my team in OU. It even took down 3 Pokemon in a row the first time I used her.

I should probably be more open minded as I'm the only person who has critiqued my teams. And when I put it into the Rate MY Team thread I was asking for it. So, Peace? :D *offers peace treaty* What else would you prescribe Dr. Destati, what would help my "sick" team. :P (just for the record I don't ban other poke's. I like the challange :D)

That doesn't change the fact that you're team has a ton of weaknesses.

That doesn't change the fact that you're team has a ton of weaknesses.

Thank you Destati, but I realize my weaknesses now (as from your last 3 posts) and am making an effort to fix these problems. What would you recommend to stregthen my team. I remember shaymin from before. would a sweeping set work in this team, or a Subseeder? And who should I replace w/ it. I was thinking Lunatone as it is my "not so special sweeper" :P. I was also thinking of inserting a steel (haven't decided who) to also help in warding off grasses.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

SD Cradily is great for Sandstorm teams! I think it's even a 2-3HKO from a CloseCombat Infernape. She is really good and can dish out massive damage after a few SDs. Plus, Toxic thrown at her is useless when you have Rest.

I strongly recommend you fallow this:

Cradily @ Leftovers

Nature: Careful

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD

Moveset:

- Rock Slide

- Toxic / Swords Dance / Earthquake

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

It's called "Rest Talk" set from Smogon. It works great for my team in OU. It even took down 3 Pokemon in a row the first time I used her.

I saw this set also. On my current set I kept off the Sleep talk for added defences, but It takes damage when sleeping. So I think I'll change my set but I'll test this set on shoddy before I input it. I wonder why I see the physical varients of Cradily rather than Special. (rockslide over grass knot) Maybe it's her move pool.

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Hey, I have a great idea. Why not try a hybrid Rain/Sandstorm team? Kabutops/Omastar works well with either weather... so let's work on that? :P

Now we'll need a Grass type deterrent, you don't want those Victreebels/Vileplumes messing up your team again, now do you? I'll think of something, just wait :P

Wow! 0_0 I would never have thought of a Hybrid team! It might take some practice to pull it off though. As for a grass deturant. Umm.... What about a ludicolo as the Rain side (swift swim sweeper or a seeder), and maybe a Magcargo for the SS side. (high def and with the Boost from SS might help it take SAtks) Wheezing, Venusaur, swalot, crobat, and Registeel are other options. (for some reason I'm going to the Bulkier pokemon) I don't know, These are Ideas that I'm throwing around. (both Ludicolo and Magcargo take nuetral damage from grass but I'm not sure that is enough to keep the grasses away)

Agreed. Shaymin would cover Lanturn, Azumarill, Poliwrath, Hitmonlee and Ludicolo effectively.

Mespirit, Mismagius, and Slowbro would be nicely covered by a strong physical dark/ghost attack. Torterra might be worth considering for that position as he would fit into a sandstorm team, have subseed options, add grass into the mix, and provide a moderately powerful Crunch. Infact, with him, you could possibly drop Shaymin, although the coverage is invaluable.

Honestly I don't see how Solrock is doing anything for your team at all, he seems to be dead weight. With that EV spread, he'll be dead before he can even make a mark into the opponent. Drop the last move for Explosion, keep WoW and Reflect instead of Stone Edge (since Solrock will die before he'll get a chance to use it anyway), set up the needed screen, and either explode or get out of there. Realistically, I can't see Solrock doing anything useful, except maybe helping someone set up...

And heres that person. Lunatone. The pathetic, annoying, useless, bad fake moon rock. Get rid of him. There are SO many better options. Oh heres one, Omastar. Without Rain Dance he'll be a little awkward but +1 Sdef will work wonders for him, and combined with natural physical bulkiness make him an excellent choice. Maybe use a set like this:

Omastar @Life Orb

Modest | Shell Armor (because you won't be in rain)

4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Surf / Ancientpower / HP Grass / Ice Beam

I had an idea with Solrock here to help with the unexpectedness of Omastar on a sandstorm team. How bout a Rock Polish passer? Honestly none of your team can effectively use the screens, and with permanent unrestricted +2 speed, Omastar would be hugely dangerous especially with +1 Sdef from permanent sandstorm. A set like this:

Solrock @Liechi Berry

Naughty | Levitate

120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe

Rock Polish / Rock Slide / Baton Pass / Substitute

Accuracy is everything on a slow pokemon like Solrock and if he misses any attack he could potentially take a SE to his face.

This would increase team synergy which always looks good on paper =)

Edit: Hybrid teams are suprising, but are a mess, and you'll usually end up in a situation where you have the wrong weather up at the wrong time and you're totally stuck. Better to stick to one weather.

Agreed. Shaymin would cover Lanturn, Azumarill, Poliwrath, Hitmonlee and Ludicolo effectively.

Mespirit, Mismagius, and Slowbro would be nicely covered by a strong physical dark/ghost attack. Torterra might be worth considering for that position as he would fit into a sandstorm team, have subseed options, add grass into the mix, and provide a moderately powerful Crunch. Infact, with him, you could possibly drop Shaymin, although the coverage is invaluable.

Honestly I don't see how Solrock is doing anything for your team at all, he seems to be dead weight. With that EV spread, he'll be dead before he can even make a mark into the opponent. Drop the last move for Explosion, keep WoW and Reflect instead of Stone Edge (since Solrock will die before he'll get a chance to use it anyway), set up the needed screen, and either explode or get out of there. Realistically, I can't see Solrock doing anything useful, except maybe helping someone set up...

And heres that person. Lunatone. The pathetic, annoying, useless, bad fake moon rock. Get rid of him. There are SO many better options. Oh heres one, Omastar. Without Rain Dance he'll be a little awkward but +1 Sdef will work wonders for him, and combined with natural physical bulkiness make him an excellent choice. Maybe use a set like this:

Omastar @Life Orb

Modest | Shell Armor (because you won't be in rain)

4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Surf / Ancientpower / HP Grass / Ice Beam

I had an idea with Solrock here to help with the unexpectedness of Omastar on a sandstorm team. How bout a Rock Polish passer? Honestly none of your team can effectively use the screens, and with permanent unrestricted +2 speed, Omastar would be hugely dangerous especially with +1 Sdef from permanent sandstorm. A set like this:

Solrock @Liechi Berry

Naughty | Levitate

120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe

Rock Polish / Rock Slide / Baton Pass / Substitute

Accuracy is everything on a slow pokemon like Solrock and if he misses any attack he could potentially take a SE to his face.

This would increase team synergy which always looks good on paper =)

Edit: Hybrid teams are suprising, but are a mess, and you'll usually end up in a situation where you have the wrong weather up at the wrong time and you're totally stuck. Better to stick to one weather.

I see what you mean. Poor lunatone can't do much. I tried to give them a chance to shine but it's to much for me :P I like your Idea w/ the RP set for Solrock and a Special Sweeping omastar might make a new addition to my team. I would have expected an Omastar on a rain team but not as much on a SS team. I also liked the Idea of torterra as he won't have the damage from SS and w/ his defences he could be a great wall.

Torterra@leftovers

impish / overgrow

Not sure on EV's. In smogon it gives him 252 Hp/20 Def/236 Spd That added speed might let him outspeed some common walls.

-Subtitute

-Leech Seed

-EQ

-Wood hammer/seed bomb/Stone Edge/ toxic

I added Seed bomb just for no recoil damage, Torterra might be better w/ Wood hammer for damage out put though.

As for the hybrid team, I've never tried it before so It might be good if I experimented with it first before I say no. The hybrid will be a different experimental team, this thread will just be for the SS team for now.

Edited by ParaDoX65
Terrible grammer -_-

How......are you having a lot of success in the OU and UU tiers when steel types ( abundant in OU and UU ) runt through your team with ease. Scizor alone will 2HKO almost your entire team with CB Bullet Punch.

You also have no way to counter Toxic spikes or Spikes and no one to absorb sleep and threaten the omnipresent Roserade, nor scyther.

Your team is ripped apart by many of the common UU threats.

Switch out Lunatone for

Claydol @ Leftovers

Bold with levitate

252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SpA

Stealthrock

Earthpower

Rapid Spin

Shadow ball

This is a decent special attacker, but more importantly sets up Stealth rocks and spins for you, while hitting ghosts that will switch to block your spinning attempts for SE damage with shadow ball.

That aside, you lack fighting types to counteract the many steels you will see in UU. I suggest throwing in a Hitmonlee somewhere, as that thing can really muscle through unprepared teams.

Some pokemon to maybe consider using are Torkoal/Hitmonlee/Honchrow/Milotic .